Future Improvements In Car setups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RuskyV, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RuskyV

RuskyV Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi all just wanted to say what a great time im having with this simulation and how much its improving all the time is really fantastic, and that alone keeps me interested. :)

One of my other big interests in simracing is crafting out car setups for various tracks and to really push myself to getting every last 10th of a second out of a given lap time.
    In other sims I enjoy having the ability to ponder over telemetry data and compare where and how my setups have impacted car performance, especially having the ability to analyse each corner at a time to make improvements either to the car or my diving style to really take it that little step further.

The core of my post is to really understand if you will be looking to develop this side of things and allow people to eventually have access to a greater amount information that can be used to develop more informed setups for any given car? either through an external program such as Motec or Atlas for telemetry, or to even have some inbuilt feature to display some form of basic telemetry in the sim for a future date?
    This is probably something that is not as important as game play mechanics and other things that go way over my own head, but to at least know that at some point we might get some enhanced features for the car garage would really be a nice feature for people looking to take their hobby to a slightly higher level.

For the mean time is there a more immediate plan to add features such as tyre pressures and tyre temps to the garage to help aid with camber setups along with fuel selection quantity and an overall idea of the weight distribution in the car while in the set up screen?

I know there are a lot of questions in this post and answers to all of them is probably impossible at this time, but an indication to the direction you might take on this subject really interests me and possibly a few others. I even enjoy helping others in the community with setups and sharing them to help them get that extra few notches up the leaderboard! :)

Thanks for reading,
    Russ,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
  3. RuskyV

RuskyV Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's a shame as his tallent would have been key to getting something like this running for R3e. still I have hope as there was (if I remember correctly) support for motec in GTR2, so I can only hope that this might still happen one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Way back in the day ( early 2000 ) Geoff crammond's Grand Prix games had its own telemetry reading and recording software in the game. This was ideal for setting up your car the best you could. As far as i know, no other racing sim has done this after, and i think this is a big big shame. I really hope S3S will have the expertise and find the time to once again implement this kind of in-game telemetry in their game because it would really set them apart as the ultimate racing simulator of today ( surely if it could be done more then ten years ago, it should be possible now ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to the time we can save multiple setups, even better if they build a setup feature like rFactor2 - really comes in handy to be able to "compare" one setup to another.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RuskyV

RuskyV Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I agree I believe that it is important part of Motorsport and simracing to be able to compare your changes and share your findings with others. it's such an important part of maximising your performance and helping to understand the physics of racing if not just for a deeper gameplay experience. it's also a great conversation maker for forums. :)

• Agree Agree x 1