G25 Does Off Centre?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bushwacker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. bushwacker

bushwacker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

New to RRE but not new to SimBin and have always enjoyed their game but just never got round to getting this title. Sadly I have an issue with my G25 and RRE being once I have set off and turned a corner the centre position goes off to like ten past to be able to drive straight? I the 'Controls section it also shows that it is off centre, but when I restart the game and check the centre in the controls its ok until I then drive on a track then it goes off centre again! Any ideas I'm stumped this is the only game it happens in AC and Iracing all good?

Many thanks for giving your time to reading and if possible knowing the fix (fingers crossed)

Regards,

bush

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    If this happens on all your sims then it sounds like you may have a cracked optical encoder wheel. This is a known problem with the G-series wheels and it brought my G27 to it's death after just over a year of use. You can repair it but it can be dangerous getting under the hood because there are many small wires and connectors and circuit boards, I apparently damaged one when trying to do the repair and it proved fatal.

3. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I fixed mine two weeks ago. Here is a tutorial for it (G27):

I believe, its quite similar to the g25. But as Brandon says, u Need to be very careful with the Clips and contact, cause they can break easily. Good luck! :)

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Fatal? But you got better, right? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. James Gill

James Gill New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bushwacker I have a G25 it had a similar problem a while back and it was the encoder wheel I was able to fix it using the info on this page and youtube http://jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm
    just super glued the wheel to the motor shaft once it was set :)

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Nope, but I did get reincarnated as a Thrustmaster T300. :cool:

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I recently suffered similar on my G27 my quick fix was to (before going on track) go to advanced control settings and rotate wheel fully in both directions, cured it everytime, thought I was nearing the end of my G27's life but for some reason it's totally cured itself :confused: now I lose the pedals randomly but then the old wheel turners 5+ years old so maybe time for an upgrade :rolleyes: