Problem G27 locks after 90 degree rotation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Bienert, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    When I start the game my G27 locks at 90°. So I can rotate it to the 90° mark but then the spring stiffens. It's pretty though to turn any further. If this would only be a part of the menu there wouldnt be a problem. But it is ingame as well. And there comes a much bigger problem, i can steer more then 90° or(!!) I can and do but the steerrate is not correct. I dont know. I did a lot of stuff before and I am to 100% sure that my logitech bugfiler is setted properly. (101,0,0,0,900) Did that with a good mate and checked it with several mates and with google and stuff like that.

Anyone any idea?

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Is this with other games aswell? Or just R3E

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    on the g27's shiftier you can accidentally put weird rotation lock on with the buttons.

On the G27/G25 if you hold the two middle red buttons on the shifter and then press one of the 4 top buttons (the ones in the diamond formation) you can change the wheels lock settings to a different setting. the bottom one should be 900 deg.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Only with RRRE.

@shardshunt Problem solved. What the fuck

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  5. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have no clue. I have a dfgt myself but a lot of people with g27 seem to run into problems with the rotation in all games.

6. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So 1st Problem was solved. But RRRE put the settings randomly back. WTF? I mean now can I can switch back easily.

7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    race room shouldn't lock at 90, unless your talking about the visual rot with the hands.

what cars are you driving? r3e auto sets lock to the real life setting you can change it in the setup menu in game but the smallest any car has is 240 lock to lock.

8. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Everytime I switch back to the desktop. The hidden steering lock will be activated. I have to unlock it with the keycombo. After unlocking everything should work properly. I cant say it for real, because it feels super strange to me.

But there is no a new problem. The steerrange of DTM 2015 is 450° my G27 only applys 900° to it now. You can imagine that i cant get any turn. If I use the hidden setting by locking the wheel to 450° everything seems okay. Even though it feels super weird for me to get past very close turns like the hairpin in Hockenheim.

Even the GT3 series feels now very clumsy. But it could be because I was driving nearly 2 years with arcade settings and now I switched to some more realismn. But my trust in the periphal input is broken =/

I am driving mostly DTM02 > GT3 > DTM 15

9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    have you tried the other 3 buttons on the shiftier they all represent a different lock so the two buttons on the bottom and then one of the 4 in the triangle.

logitech have terrible software.

10. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes I did. Maybe my english was to bad or I was not precise enough. But with the DTM 2015 I can use the steering lock from G27 to make it work. But why? I mean should the game do it for me? ^^

11. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yeah it should, but the fact its locking to 90 deg is strange from the start.

are you still getting ffb? it locks to 180 lock to lock for me in the menus but goes the the correct value in game

12. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes sry I ment 180 - 90° in both directions. Yes my ffb is okay. But not the steering if I dont unlock it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @shardshunt After I tested it a lot. And watching some Youtube videos I have to admit that the problem isnt solved. Even the GT3 felt better, actually they are not. If I "reset" the wheel back to default by using the button combination it forces RRRE to 900 degree settings. It seems like this setting is suprerior to the profiler or the game. So the game isnt overwriting the setting, or the profiler isnt used by the wheel anymore. This is really frustrating ._. I would use the steering lock for GT3 aswell, if it would have 75° too much and the whole ffb is becoming blury by this.

14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ffb becoming blurry? ffb works independent of steering lock it shouldn't affect anything.

15. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Lau
    launch the game with logi profiler off, R3E automatically adjust the rotation, but you have to adjust manually the visual rotation in settings vehicol, important to get rid the visual arms

16. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @oppolo Do I have some disadvantages because I dont use the buggy Profiler? Just tested it, it seems like the FFB is quite stronger now. Especally when the car starts to spin, the wheel seems uncontrollable. But the wheelrange is now proper and the GT3 feels very good.

@shardshunt From my point it seems, that the G27 has 2 ways to create and then apply the ffb to the wheel. You have the internal wheelrange, which you can lock with the button. So the FFB has to work depending on the maximum degree set. And you have the range ingame which is used by the game to simulate now the FFB. It seems for me, that RRRE only is able to create the FFB virtual. (Obviously) But RRRE is not taking care of the physical part. So imo it seems like G27 has a default setting (900° or whatever you set in the profiler) and if this works propely and the game can adjust it to 600° everything is fine. But if the game is workng with 600° and the Wheel with 900° the driver has to emulate the incoming 600°-FFB to a 900°-range.
    And for me it seems like. If you are putting a manual steering lock from the driver (with the buttons) you invert this proceedure. You can feel it right now. At the moment when you lock the steer. Everything feels a lot more stiff. So NOW you have the right steering angle ingame and physical. But you have some kind of weird convertion made by the driver, because my wheel wasnt working properly I had 900° although the game should have adjusted it 600° (for GT3). And with the manual lock to 675° (because it locks it to this strange value) you convert everything again. 600° (digital) > 900° (analog) > 675° (analog) and for this the FFB feels super blurry. After putting of the profiler so RRRE could adjust everything on it's own, without some peripheral distraction, the FFB from all cars feels more smooth and direct.

It's just a theory of mine. But I tested it a lot yesterday evening. And there is no other reason for me, why I have so many different FFBs while testing with wheel range and steering lock. Seriously I dont understand why Logitech is such a big company. If I only would have some spare money I would deny using all my inputs like the keyboard and the wheel. It's super frustrating.

17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    disadvantages? for what? I launch also GSC and RF2 with logi profiler off.
    if it is too strong, there are many FFB settings in the game

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What is the big deal of running the Profiler?

19. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    having different rotation among games that don't adjust automatically it. For example for formula truck I use a profiler with 540 degrees, with spintires 900

20. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey

This sounds similar to a problem that I have.

My G27 used to run perfectly. After the big physics update. The second last one, I was never comfortable in my steering imputs, I just thought it changed and this was the normal feel. We I raced legend I would notice that my imputs are nice on some cars but crazy on others. I then got busy, at work and have not raced in a while, so this morning I wanted to try out the new update. So I selected the ruf GT2. I race in the saved championship, and to my surprise the wheel was perfect, just how it was before the second last major update. I was smiling. I was turning great laps, the imputs, precise and the car was going were I wanted it. So I thought great something changed. So I continued to test the GT3 ruf same track. To my surprise, the horrible donkey type imputs were back. Then I when back to the gt2 and all was good.

I continued to test different cars what I use in the league, and too my surprise some fantastic and donkey. Some the car goes were I want, others understeer like made.

before the big physics update I used to run pretty consistent all cars, with not much understeer, but these days its just like on some cars they just don't turn.

My profiler has not changed, it is the same. 900 and allow game to changed settings. In game I run 900 and 30 lock.

I am really considering buying a Fanatec CSW v2. But I don't want to if it is going to be the same.

In leaderboard challenge, same track I mix it up with the top guns write up there with the GT2, same track in the GT3 I am 4 seconds off the pace. Both tested with ruf. Also before update the difference between the two classes was between 1-2 seconds per lap, now for me its like 4 seconds

Ant