Bug G27 rotation ... again

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Fleskebacon, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I know this has been reported earlier, but today I experienced it for the first time since the FFB patch:

In the middle of a race, in the middle of a turn, the steering wheel rotation of the Formula Junior suddenly changed from 360 degress to 900 degrees.

Restarted the race, still 900 degrees, no matter what I set in the steering setup.

Restarted Raceroom, all back to normal.

I'm using the latest March 14 Logitech drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When you installed those updated drivers from March 14th, did you completely uninstall and remove the previous drivers, or just install them over the top? Maybe something is corrupt and the previous installation is conflicting with the new files? Im not sure.

May be worth completely uninstalling the drivers again, restarting your pc, then reinstalling them again. On a side note, do you use the Logitech Gaming Software for any devices or have this program? Back when these Logitech wheel fixes were in testing, we were told to download the LGS (Yes, separate from the Logi Profiler), and just having that software somehow allowed the wheel to work properly.

Honestly, the Logitech drivers just seem to be rather bad overall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    And that is why I retired my spanking new G29 after just one month when I came across a T500RS at a price that was just too sweet to pass up on. G29's sitting in it's box next to my pc now and will only serve as a backup in case anything would go wrong with the Thrustmaster. It's a shame really...

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Do you see somewhere that it is on 900 degrees or does it just the feel like driving with 900 degrees?

Sometimes I have something similar with my G27, but I have that quite some time now. While driving, suddenly the wheel-rotation changes so that I have to rotate the wheel more to get the same steering-degree as before... As it is luckily most of the time happening in Training or Quali, I go back in pit and in that menu to the Steering-Settings of the car (Not in the Game-Options). There is still the same Value that I've setted before, but than I change the degree-Setting by one click and go back in the car. Back in the car I notice that the Wheel-Rotation is back to normal. Than back in the Pit-Menu and set the Rotation back to original Value...

5. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    With the open wheelers it's pretty obvious, as I can see the front wheels turn.

Will try out your trick if it happens again.

6. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Your trick works, Bohlken. But it's no good if it happens during a race...

Whenever Raceroom alters the steering angle, it works for a while, but eventually it suddenly resets to whatever value I've set in Logitech profiler, which in my case is 900 degrees. If I set 200 degrees in profiler, it resets to 200 degrees. Perhaps Raceroom needs to "remind" the G27 what angle it should have from time to time?

And the problem is specific to Raceroom. Dirt Rally and other games also set the steering angle, but it sticks to its value and is never a problem.

This is pretty annoying, and obviously a bug. Still no fix for this? :(

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Until now, I only had that during a practise or quali-session, but never in a race.

hm, do you have your G27 connected to a USB 3.0-Port?

8. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Nope, regular USB 2.0 port, directly on the motherboard, no hubs or extension cables or anything.

But I do have multiple other USB devices, like handbrake, button box, wifi, external soundcard.

At least, after the update, my G27 no longer needs to have ID:1 in order to work. Before the driver update, it needed to have ID:1, otherwise Raceroom wasn't able to change the degree of rotation at all.

I'l try a complete driver sweep and reinstall the Logitech gaming software, delete all controller profiles in Raceroom etc. Again... Have done this before, but I might have plugged things differently into the USB-ports since then. Shouldn't really matter, but you never know.

9. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so I uninstalled the Logitech gaming software, rebooted, then deleted the G27 from device manager and uninstalled the drivers there and disconnected the G27. Then I used a very nice "device cleanup" tool, uninstalling all previously connected USB devices not in use any more - which were surprisingly numerous! Rebooted again, installed a fresh copy of the newest Logitech gaming software (downloaded it again, to make sure I wasn't mixing up from the old version, which is impossible to know). I connected the wheel when asked. Left all settings in Profiler at default, checked that there were no profiles set up there. Then I unchecked "start profiler at boot" and disabled the registry key starting it as well.

I also had Logitech SetPoint installed, which I also uninstalled, just in case.

I think Profiler now still runs when I start a game, and then closes at exit, but I'm not sure. And I don't care.

The main thing is, that I haven't experienced a problem since. Don't know what fixed it, but all seems good.

I think perhaps the problems started for me when I first changed the USB port for the G27 from the one I originally installed it on, so now I'm not going to touch a thing! :)

Edit: I also deleted all controller profiles in Raceroom, creating new ones from default.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I repair my G25 and now have the same problem. Degrees of rotation not adjusted by the game. With DF Pro i don't have this problem. My G25 connected to USB 3.0 (same as DFPro before it) because my computer don't have USB 2.0 ports Will it work if i connect it via USB 2.0 hub ?
    P.S. same problem in AMS, for AC i do some changes in G25 preset ini file (lock and scale parameters under steer section)and don't have more this problem. Maybe i can do something like this in rsc file in R3E ?

11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    What are your Settings in the Logitech-Profiler? Is the option "Game is allowed to change settings" ticked?
    Is the Wheel on ID:1 in R3E?

12. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Yes, option is ticked and in the Active devices i see ID 1 Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB.

But one thing. I can't run Logitech profiler (i try to start it manually, but nothing happenes) instead this i have option "Game is allowed to change settings" in Windows Control Panel, Devices and Printers [​IMG]
    If its useful info. Have this problem in R3E and AMS, all worked without problem in AC and pCars

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  13. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Sector3: Is this a recognised problem with Raceroom?

I hardly believe it can be attributed to G27 driver/hardware problems alone, because everyone that reports the problem seems to have no similar issues when running other sims like Dirt Rally and Assetto on the same setup. And no matter how much I play around with drivers, different USB-ports and stuff, all other sims set the physical wheel rotation easily and consistently. Raceroom is the only one that "jumps out of place" from time to time.

14. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This problem is seriously ruining my game play i battled for position got into second place and then it all went on the last lap because i lost the steering again!!!!!! PLEASE S3 help fix this problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This thing is like a cold sore. It only gets gone for now.

What should I upgrade my dfgt to??

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hello.
    I've found this to be a problem with the Logitech drivers, the problem your describing is the same as the one I've been experiencing in multiple games, most recently F1 2016.
    Took quite a bit of searching but I've eventually found the fix to be:
    - Uninstall the logitech software (programs and features - Logitech - Uninstall)
    - Uninstall the Logitech driver (Device manager - Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB (+HID)
    - Once uninstalled, Select "Action" and scan for hardware changes.
    - Reinstall Logitech software (lgs510_x64 or lgs510_x86 depending on your system)

Only had a minor problem with F1 2016 since but apparently that's a known issue.

Hope this helps mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Started working properly for me.

Thanks to whoever fixed it.

18. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dave

I followed the steps and also created a new controller profile and all seems well (atm). Also i load the game up then tab out to the task manager and 'end task' on the logitech profiler.