Resolved G27 sensitivity too high, can't change

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jay Smizzle, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Jay Smizzle

Jay Smizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been able to play this game in months. No matter what I do I cannot change the steering sensitivity. Just moving my wheel 10 degrees causes my car to turn very sharply. I've adjusted every steering degrees of rotation setting and it doesn't do anything. Even changing the degrees of rotation in the logitech profiler does nothing. I've owned this game for a year or two and have never had problems until just a few months ago.

EDIT: It was conflicting with Logitech Profiler I guess. After completely closing out of the profiler it works as it should.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by oppolo, Mar 19, 2015 (1 points)
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Posting your wheel settings (profiler + ingame) might be useful for help. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If it's the same as the issue I had with the G27, you'll need to turn the actual sensitivity down in game.
    Go to options - Control Settings - Controller Profiles, check the profiles to make sure it's detected the right controller.

Check the steering sensitivity, if it's at 100, you'll want to turn it down, 50 works for me.
    Go to options - Control Settings - Advanced Settings, it should be the 9th adjustable option down. Turn your wheel while in that options screen and you should see a white bar at the top move as you move your wheel.

If you've tried that already then I have no idea. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Sensitivity setting at 50 should be linear, which i would recommend for almost every steering wheel.

And @Jay Smizzle : I would recommend to make a completely new controller profile, if you haven't done yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    try this
    - dont do any logitech profiler for R3E
    - launch R3E with logitech profiler off
    - in the option, rid off arms, adjust steering view rotation for the car you'll drive, you'll see the right rotation of the car in the car setup
    - don't change sensitivity, in the ISI engine 50 means linear for all axes

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jay Smizzle

Jay Smizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate all the help. Apparently it was just a problem with the Logitech Profiler. I thought I had tried it without the profiler but I guess I never actually closed out of it because it still runs in the system tray after closing the window. After completely closing out of the profiler everything works as it should. Sorry for all this. I don't know how I missed that, but again, I appreciate the help.

• Like Like x 2