G27 vs T300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heppsan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm thinking about upgrading to a T300 when my studies are finished and I will have some more time for racing again. Would you guys who have tried both wheels say that this is a worthy upgrade?
    And also, I have been looking at the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral - Alcantara Edition.
    How are the T3PA-pedals compared to the G27 pedals?

And what about the G27 shifter, will I still be able to use this, and it's buttons as a buttonbox?

2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I would rather buy Fanatec if you can afford it. The future upgrade possibilities are much better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I love my t300. Went from g27...no comparison...at all. I have used the t300 with the reg wheel and the larger Ferrari wheel. Both were so much better, but the fer wheel is super nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the inputs!

Haven't really considered or looked into Fanatec do to the price range.. :(

Do you have any thoughts about the pedals?
    Have read that several users have said that the G27 pedals are better than the ones that comes with the T300.
    And what did you do in regards of the shifter?

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Looking at Fanatec their CSL Elite wheel base with the CSL Steering wheel P1 actually is in the same range as the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition.
    How does the T300 compare to Fanatec CSL Elite, pros / cons?

One thing for my part in favor for the T300 is that I have a retailer of the T300 just 50-60 kilometres from my home, if something would be wrong / broken or brake within the warranty period I can easilly go there and return it.
    Fanatec isn't available in Sweden.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I used to have a G27 and until I tried something else thought it was great, upgraded to a TX300 with the Ferrari rim and it's like chalk and cheese, TX is far superior in every aspect. Have gone from clunky, noisy, unrealistic hell, to a smooth, quiet, informative Nirvana. Most importantly, it made me faster!!!!! ;)
    I've matched the TX with some Fanatec V3 pedals, again, quality all round and the TH8A shifter and haven't enjoyed myself so much for years. Of course one would always be up for an upgrade but having sold all the internal organs possible, will have to make do, which I'm more than happy to do so.
    Still have the G27 kit here, just don't have the gaul to sell them on! Saying that the heavily modified, inverted G27 pedals are well built and gather dust, waiting to stand in if needed, fancy they'll have a long wait!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The CSL Elite performance is comparable with the TS-PC Racer. It outperforms the T300 significantly -as far as i know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

I have never used the pedals. I have CSP v3.

I also got my T300 with Ferrari rim for like 279$ us when it was on sale last November. It came with pedals as well, but I never used them.

9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it "significantly" outperforms the t300...unless something has changed in the last few months.

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I would go for the T3PA-Pros. Got the standard T3PA and there's not much difference to the G27 ones - actually I fiound them (G27) still more comfortable...Also Thrustmaster has not the best reputation in terms of durabillity...
    And don't mistake buying Fanatec Pedals as equal to the end of all problems Hard- or Software related - that would be naive, you have to treat them as good as any other item in this regard, though for that price range I actually would expect something nearly undestroyable, even if you fire some shotgun rounds at it :D...(and the G27 are at least, other flaws put aside), but guess the following ground rule applies to anything these days: the more advanced, the more complex, the more electronic gizmos are built in the more failures you might expect (as worst case scenario)...so keep your repair kit (and warranty) nearby...always ! ;)

Or let me say so : You desperately want a Mercedes but clearly you just can afford a Hyundai - so better stick to the Hyundai cause you don't have to pay only for the product you also need to maintain it and in case of Mercedes you also always have to pay double for the "Good Name" and the (former) Star on the Hood ;)...

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There is an adapter available to connect the G27 pedals directly to the Thrustmaster-Wheelbase (works at least with every actual Thrustmaster-Wheelbase, not only T300/TX). So if you can get the T300/TX-Wheelbase with a rim cheaper without pedals that might be an option for you.

You can get the adapter directly from Thrustmaster, find one on ebay or build the adapter on your own. If you have an electronics-dealer close to your home he maybe have tools to build it for you.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will keep my eyes open in the end of this month. :)

Partly true. But you have to start somewhere. :D
    But also, I'm actually pleased with the G27 pedals. And I have no plans of getting rid of my G27 shifter, have a few mods on it and like it a lot.
    It's only the wheel I feel could be a bit better, smoother and quieter.

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I like the g27 pedals....they don't compare to my CSP v3 but I felt in control with them

• Like Like x 1
  14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Happy T300, T3PA-PRO and TH shifter user myself. That said I drive once or twice a week, so hw is not that stressed. I do like the pedals, the only thing is that I miss more adjustability, especially horizontal changes to pedals. Though I think only the really expensive ones that you mount individually offer that flexibility. Quality is okay, but could be better imo, the screws to fix the pedal plates tend to come loose after a while. But given the price for anything more premium is twice, it's acceptable. The stock T300 pedals kinda suck imo.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Lockite. ;)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Ooh. The red Locktite. For screws that never, ever are to be unscrewed. I like the blue one better, it won't come loose unintentionally, but it will allow you to unscrew them if needed. ;)

I also swapped my G27 for a T300 some time ago. The T300 has far, far better detail and strength than the G27, and it's much smoother and quieter.

The pedals are much the same, except I actually like the rubber cone "mod" which comes with the T3PA pedals. I used a similar mod for my G27 pedals, but the rubber cone works better. Of course there are better pedals (load cell), but they're a different price range after all. I also upgraded my pedals with Derek Speare's "Tilton Style" pedal pads, which are great.

I think the pots in the pedals are a weak spot, though. One of mine now goes directly from 91% to 100%, and the set is a year old. Doesn't matter much now, as I put the bad pot in the clutch pedal, but I guess the two other ones will also eventually fail, and getting replacement pots from Thrustmaster is a lot of hassle! The pots in T3PA-Pro are probably the same, so buying these won't solve that, except that you will have som spare pots from the old set.

17. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sold my G27 to change to the T300. Another world. Really much better.

Pedals not. I neverused them. Bought T3PA directly.
    I own the F1 and the Alcantara wheels. Both very good Add-Ons. Worth every cent.

18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting the 3TPA in this bundle if that is what I decide to go for.
    [​IMG]

Or do you mean the T3PA - Pro (the T500 ones?)
    [​IMG]

Thanks!! I could always set up a desk rig for one of my boys with the G27 and a pedal set if I don't find a bundle without the pedals. (They are mostly into minecraft and lego games for the moment though.. .:eek::D)

I also found this: Shifter Interface USB adapter for Logitech® G25, G27 and G29
    [​IMG]

So that I can keep my G27 shifter / button box. :kissingheart:

All comes down to what kind of discounts I can find on Black friday.
    But it leans against a T300, have already found a retailer that sell the bundle, where I also could throw in the TH8A Shifter for the same price as the Fanatec CSL Elite with the P1 Wheel, handling and shipping.
    Then I could have one of the shifters set up as a sequential for easy swapping, and also a stand in as a handbrake for Dirt Rally. :)

Fanatec looks and seems good and nice, have some cool gadgets on the rims, and rev lights on the base + a lot of extra rims to choose from if you like to swapp steering wheels. But I only race in VR, so I won't see that fancy stuff, and once I have a wheel I got used to it's not profitable to swap it out and mess up my button memory. ;)

Have also read a lot of people from both sides, some that have had several Fanatec wheels, traded for a T300 and been more pleased with the later. And some have changed from T300 to a Fanatec and think that is better.
    Both also have horror stories with wheel bases that burn after just a few weeks / months, and in that regard it's a big pro if the brand can be found in the country you live in.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  19. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    That was a selling point for me as well. I don't know about Swedish consumer laws, but here in Norway we are a bit spoilt with laws that give us a 5 year warranty on all consumer electronics (including mobile phones). A domestic dealer is bound by these laws, but when buying internationally things get a lot more complicated when something breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that is generous!
    We have 3 years in Sweden, not bad either imo.

• Like Like x 2