Resolved G29 auto rotation not working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    The auto rotation on my g29 no longer works. Regardless of what number of degrees i set in ghub and regardless of whether or not ghub is running ill also end up with 900 degrees in game which obviously makes it undriveable. Pretty sure ghub updated this morning so id guess its tied to that and there might not be much the devs can do but maybe somebody can have a look at it anyways

2. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sounds a bit like what happened to mine a few weeks ago when GHub updated. Had to redo my G29 profile for R3E & relink it to the R3E exe in settings/path in GHub. But I guess you have already done that. I had a GHub update last week but it did not cause any problems.

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    G29 here and raced today with GHub up to date...no issues here. Weird one. Keep an eye on that. I believe you already did what geoffers suggested?
    Greetings

4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Havent done what you guys suggest as i dont really know how to :D
    Any slightly more detailed explanations would be appreciated :)

5. geoffers

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    OK, this is what I did, not sure it is correct but it seems to work.

Open GHub & connect your wheel.

Click on the wheel & set your operating range, sensitivity etc. & your pedals. I did not bother with any commands as you can do that in game.

Go back to opening GHub page.

Click on the Active Profile at the top.

On the top row of icons, click Add Game or Application. (Note if you already have an R3E icon there delete it as it does not seem to allow you to create two)

This opens a new window. Now you need to find the R3E exe file. It is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\RRRE.exe

Click on that exe & it will link it to that profile & bring up the R3E icon in that space.

On the bottom row of icons there should be now a Default profile. Click on Details to check your wheel settings are correct & on Settings to make sure the path is correct. In Details you can set the profile as persistent if R3E is the only game you play with your wheel.

If you play other games you will need to click on Active Profile when you open GHub & select which game you want.

So now you have your R3E profile set up, close GHub, start R3E & away you go. Hopefully.

As I said that is how I got it to work, if anyone thinks I have done something wrong please shout.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. George Heath

George Heath New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    get rid of ghub...buggy i hear

7. George Heath

George Heath New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have G29 absolutely NO issues

8. geoffers

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Could not get my G29 to work on Win10 with anything else.

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Now thats the type of detailed instruction that i need :D
    Seems i have done the first half of it at some point in the past. Will try doing this the next time i get to play and let you know if it worked

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    @geoffers well today everything seems to be back to normal without me having done anything :D
    But i now went and followed your advice anyways and maybe itll save me some trouble in the future

• Like Like x 3