Question G29 FFB

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Badders46, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I have been trying lots of different profiles for the g29 and wondered if any of you would mind sharing you ffb settings and profiler settings? I've found one I prefer over the others but I'm still not sure about it... this is a very good game/sim though - after 3 days of playing this after pcars anf AC I decided to buy the lot! I'm totally addicted!

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

2. RacerMark

RacerMark Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'd be interested to try some too. 3 days imo is the very tip of the iceberg, 419 hrs, and although a hell of a lot better than any other sim I own, I'm still on a constant loop of drive, exit, change ffb settings and back to drive. just cant seem to find one that feels just right. Then of course when I get near it updates and I begin the loop again:( The ability to change settings in race/practice would be great:cool:
    But I am pretty much always around the defaults with minor tweaks here and there. Not sure my settings would help but if I can figure out how to post them your welcome to try.

3. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply... sorry for being slow to get back to you.

I'm fairly happy as I've been ticketing over the weekend and found a way to lower the jolting which was annoying me! I actually found the answer on this forum, page 7 or so... :)

I know what you mean by in out in out though!

4. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys - FFB is a personal thing and can be adjusted endlessly to get a setup that feels right - I should know ive been doing it for quite some time with the G29......with varying success!

I do have my profile posted on the Steam guides section (but that's an older setup than what I'm using) I will update to where I'm at now if you guys are keen to give it a go....http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002334069/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&appid=211500

Badders46 - I'm guessing your "jolting" is largely due to the minimum force being too high?
    Cheers,
    Chris

5. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Chris,

I have indeed used your settings and tweaked them... I have indeed reduced the minimum effect...

Thanks a lot!
    Dan

6. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Make sure to bring up your FFB meter in-game (default "F" key) and watch for clipping. More info in this thread:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-updates.4420/

I'm not sure how the G29 compares to the G27 but I wrote some info on my personal settings for the G27 which may or may not be useful for you:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/logitech-g25-27-sensitivity-tips.7293/

I've also attached my personal in game FFB settings for my G27. I like to keep all forces down a bit but with little to none damping to have a raw feeling in the wheel. In the garage menu I usually use 1.4-1.6 FFB multiplier:

upload_2017-4-6_18-43-4.png

upload_2017-4-6_18-43-50.png

7. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    This really shows how personal FFB settings are....I like to have a slight heavy feel to the wheel - to simulate the weight of the vehicle...upping the damper (which I've heard is a no-no) seems to give that weighty feel...

Still toying to find that sweet spot where everything feels right...So I would be keen to see others settings too...

Chris

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello guys.. just bought the game and I have a G29.
    I am looking for a ffb setup with no rattling but still I want to feel the weight transfer when breaking or through the corner.
    I am not interested into any additional effect.

Can you steer me in the right direction?