Question G29 Pedals without rubber brick with Leo Bodnar usb adapter

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by M. Veloso, Mar 4, 2019.

1. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Bought a brand new g29 about a month ago, but i was not completely satisfied with the breaking pedal cause of the rubber brick on it, so ive decided to remove it, now i found my self with 100% breaking with only with 70 to 80% of pedal travel.
    Im wondering if with the Leo Bodnar usb adapter will get a fix by doing a proper calibration with the calibration tool provided by him, plus, get a better response and felling on the pedals overall, or if i need to go back to the rubber brick.
    Im really thinking about to order the adapter, but i have my doubts about if its a solution for my problem.

2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can completely dial out that large jump when you get toward the end of the brake pedal travel.

I seem to remember a review that was done on the Sim Racing Garage YouTube channel where diview software was used to dial that effect out as much as possible but not totally successfully. I think the brake pedal curve is baked into the firmware.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have a bodnar cable and yes it will do as you need. It has software that just reads the pot position and you can set deadzones etc which are saved to a chip in the cable. I use it with a load cell mod.

The firmware is in the wheel, not the pedals so independent adjustment is possible.

Before I got the load cell used a rubber block mod (nixim) and a progressive spring and that worked well (g27 pedal so no firmware curve)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    The pedals are just three potentiometers with a cable, so yeah, should be no problem. The possibility to store calibration in the adapter is one of the best features of the Bodnar adapter (IMO).

You will not get better response or feeling of the pedal, though, the pedals are what they are. You technically get better resolution by using the adapter, but you won't be able to tell anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    After ive created this topic, ive taked a look on both videos from Sim Racing Garage, the one of the Richmotech Load Cell Kit, and the one about the Leo Bodnar cable adapter, but ive still had a few doubts about the adapter, thanks a lot for clarifying my doubts, ive ordered the cable.

6. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Cable arrived today, and definitively solved my issue, now i have to do a full pedal travel to get 100% brake.
    Thanks a lot!