G920 violently shaking in centered position

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andrew G, May 9, 2020.

1. Andrew G

Andrew G New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I have been into Forza for a long time. I finally took the plunge and bought a PC and wheel about a year and a half ago. Been playing mostly Project Cars, but I recently stumbled across Race Room which I am loving.

I had loaned out my G920 to a friend and was using my cousins G27 in the meantime. The G27 was plug and play with Race Room, I didn't mess with much (if any of the settings).

I just got the G920 back and had to give back the G27. Everything feels about the same when I have the default profile loaded in, but I am having one problem. When the wheel is centered it begins to shake violently. This happens even at low speed, and continues to get worse as speed increases. I just downloaded G-Hub and turned off the "spring to center" option thinking that may help, but no solution.

Do any of you have any idea why this is happening or if there is a fix? Thanks in advance :)

2. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, I also just started playing this game with a G29 wheel. The default setup is too strong and leads to clipping. So you want to turn your strenght to 100 or lower. The shaking in the centre may occur due to a too high minimum force setting. Consider setting that to 5 or a bit lower. I hope this helps?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As above, reduce minimum force and consider increasing damper.

4. Hamburgerss13

Hamburgerss13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem also when I play American truck simulator it won’t recognize my brake pedal PLEASE HELP