G923 problem - Game thinks its a Gamepad not a wheel.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ✠UK_SPAWN✠, Feb 14, 2021.

1. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    my friend has a G923 and we can not get the adjustment for "Steering angle" to work, its just not adjustable like it is with my wheel, using a gamepad also makes this option unavailable.

We have, Reinstalled the game, reinstalled the software (Ghub) , disabled steam controller support for Xbox/ps etc and hidden the controller from steam. made sure no other devices / vJoy or anything like that is connected.

But still this option is unavailable. any ideas? it works on my G29 fine, but if using a gamepad then the option is unavailable.

Is there a way in a config file or launch parameter to tell the game its a wheel and not a gamepad?

2. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    How would one go about getting this "Device with no profile - choose template" screen to appear with a device with a profile?

Can i just remove the profile (G923) from the game DIR and the game will prompt with this?

My friend still can not get the steering angle unlocked and we have tried so many things. so i want to try and tell the game this is a wheel (as i believe it thinks the 923 is a gamepad and hence no steering angle adjustment)

Currently he is having to go into the Ghub software to change the wheel rotation for every car he drives with a different steering angle!

3. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    or can i spoof his 923 to be recognised as a g29 in the game? test see if that works?

I mean i wil ltry these things anyway but probably easier with some internal knowledge of the systems.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    From what I read here on the forums, I assume all these different G923 wheels are essentially the same, but with different device IDs. Is it possible to copy/edit the base profile to update it with a correct device ID and name for his wheel?

5. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Iv just been playing with it with my friend.

We removed the G923 profile form the install DIR
    Removed all profiles form the "my games" (personal profiles) DIR
    Closed G-Hub

Loaded the game and the game asked to give a name and type of device (wheel/pad/etc)
    But after assigning some axis, the game then recognised it as a G923 again, so im assuming this is coming from the driver.

So, the next thing i want to try is to spoof the driver so that it is using the same hardware ID and name as a G29.

We just keep playing about with it and then reverting back if its not working. Hes currently racing so we have given up for now.

6. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    today the new update came out with the new G923 profile but still he is unable to change the steering angle in game.

Was this supposed to be fixed with this build?

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I owned a G27 and a Driving Force Wheel years ago and adjusting the steering angle never was an option.

8. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    G29 here and it certainly is available to me. I use it in every car to get it to match the steering I prefer.

Otherwise how are you to tune the steering to your wheel?
    EG if you had a wheel that only had 180degrees of physical rotation but the car in game is set to 900.. that wouldnt work.Or even worse a 900degree wheel but the car only has a 180degree steering. you would have to rotate the steering a full 450degrees one way to even get the car to go around a small slow-speed bend.

Thats what the option is there for im pretty sure. on a gamepad its not available because obviously the pad doesnt have any rotation.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Its been a while tbh but the adjustment options INGAME were very limited compared to my Fanatec Wheel I remember, where you can make changes directly via the Wheelbase, even on Track...I can only recommend it cause the newer Logitech wheels (specially the 923) are actually a rip off imo...even Thrustmaster is a better choice from what I heard so far...