G923 Steering Angle issues. The game dont change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    it not worked, if I create the NEW profile, but angle in profile 900 and 900 in game, not 540
    I see the integration bug RR.exe & Ghub, if it should work
    firmware g923 is 139.1.49

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  2. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    from start it didn't work for me either and form what i read - the g29 and g920 wheels also have this problem if they use Ghub and the auto steering angle only work in LGS.
    not bad if all poke the support in reddit to increase the importance of solving this bug

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Works on my g29 with ghub so its not impossible but i too have read of quite a few people having trouble with it

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    please to describe more, what are set (options on profile), what is the default profile & etc

I understand the automatically switch profiles (in profile I set the 540 for RR), but Id like the set angle automatically, when I change the car from 540 to 400 ?!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  5. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    can i ask what you set in g-hub and what the "steering angle" in car setup look like to you with pic?:)

from what i understand, the game can sent how much wheel can turn by giving the steering angle - you can see it in car setup - and from what i read, it work in Thrustmaster and older logitech wheels. you also can change the steering angle ingame and it should effect auto on wheel - like FFB setup - but for g923 it's not working at moment and i report it in past and Logitech support tell it indeed a bug and need to be fix in g-hub - you can find it in reddit with "g923" and "raceroom" word.
    when it work we should have slider ingame - like ffb mutliplier slider - and we can adjust it but at the moment the number fix in game for g923 and the only way to change is to change it in g-hub.( the g-hub tell game that it does not support it)
    i will be happy if other Logitech owner or Thrustmaster owner send pic of car setup for better understanding.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Might take some time until i get a chance to look at those things but if i still remember to by then i can do it

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    @zed well it did indeed take a while but i finally had a look today. On the first picture i click on the r3e pic (the one with the car), then i click on add a profile for the selected application on the bottom left. Just give it a name and you have a profile for r3e (at least thats my understanding of it). On the main screen (2nd pic) you then see which profile is active at the moment and for which game it is. My ghub wheel settings are on the 3rd pic but i think those are all default anyways.
    Regarding the ingame car setup screen it looks like this for me:

Attached Files:

8. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't automatically switch profiles when loading the game, with the latest updates (g923 - xbox)
    I create new profile (ghub)- its doesnt work with g923, in list profile/games - I see the label NOT INSTALLED in each profile !
    ghub 2021 9 7463
    I reinstall ghub - all profile is disappeared ))) SCAN doesnt work ))

LOGITECH WHAT IS F...G SHIT ???

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  9. Petty Andretti

Petty Andretti New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It was mentioned before. G923 owners should to go to Logitech sub forum on Reddit (of all places) and complain. Doesn't seem to be enough of us yet since they haven't fixed it.

10. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I created many cases to logitech but to no avail

11. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Apparently similar issues with Assetto Corsa Competizione & the G923. Wheel rotation setting not working in ACC. Stays at 900 degrees no matter what the software is set to. Posted at Steam forums.

12. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You may have tried this already but I find if I open G-Hub before I launch the game and leave it open in the background it seems to work.

If it says the wheel is connected in G-Hub then the steering angle seems to adjust to the in game settings.

13. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There were some tips in this video from DDF racer as well

14. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This all doesn't work with the latest logitech update, for me & 923 xbox version !!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  15. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  16. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Iam too ) created one

17. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thanks for test, giving instructions, picture and video - now i know exactly how it work.
    good to know that g29 in g-hub work - means it's only the g923 ( both xbox and ps ver ) only have this problem.:blush:
    i do everything you tell and also do other thing for hoping to work but no result.:(
    game still don't give access to steering angle like what you did in video. raceroom still think g923 not support it.:neutral:

18. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  19. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think that not only logitech is to blame for this outrage but also the RR

20. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The link I posted was from Steam forums. Their response to "Cal" was:

We kindly request you to follow the below mentioned.

1. Uninstall G HUB
    2. Make sure none of the G HUB components are running in the Task Manager
    3. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete LGHUB folder
    4. Go to C:\ProgramData\ and delete LGHUB folder
    5. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ and delete LGHUB folder
    6. Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\ and delete LGHUB folder
    7. Press Windows Key, then type regedit, Click Registry Editor
    8. Delete the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{521c89be-637f-4274-a840-baaf7460c2b2}
    9. Reboot the PC
    10. Re-install G HUB.

The above steps didn't solve the issue.

Logitech replied by suggesting G923 owners to provide GHub feedback at Survey Monkey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L9FCLG5?email=&clientId=&version=2021.4.3830