G923 Steering Angle issues. The game dont change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    its doesnt work
    it is absolutely clear to me that RR and Logitech are simply indifferent to users

2. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i did that
    also the support in reddit didn't give time to when it will be fix yet
    the game need to have information that wheel support auto adjustment from driver/g-hub and in g923 wheel, g-hub/driver don't send it yet.
    for solving on game side, the game dev need to add specific code for this wheel to ignore this unsupported and force send the information and hope it work. don't know dev interest to do that and put time on something that wasn't them, when there is other dev from the hardware company can solve the problem on their side easier .
    best hope we can have, they can contact the logitech from their way ( company's worked with each other and have connections ) to increase the priority of this bug fix.

3. arnaldo.sacchelli

arnaldo.sacchelli New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have G923 xbox version

1: launch the game
    2: ctrl+alt+canc
    3: go to the desktop (don't close RRE) and open GHUB and set the steering angle desired
    4: return to the game

4. Leeloo Dallas

Leeloo Dallas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Arnaldo.sacchelli, i also have G923 xbox-pc version. Can you please tell me if STEAM is detecting your wheel?
    My steam doesnt detect the G923 no matter what i uncheck or check in the Settings-Controller Settings.
    It says "No controller detected"
    I have GHub installed, the wheel is detected by Ghub, but not by STEAM.
    Can you help me , please ?

Attached Files:

5. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    from what i see your windows detect the wheel right.
    what your gamepad/controller setting in steam?

6. arnaldo.sacchelli

arnaldo.sacchelli New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Even to me steam does not detect the g923, only the GHUB detect G923 and RRE game or other game like automobilista 2.

The problem with RRE is the steering lock\range , with Automobilista 2 I have no problem.

The solutions with RRE steering lock is:

Launch the game, select single race and enter in the race menu. For example with a WTCC Honda 2017
    you see in the setup the steering is 540.
    With CTRL-ALT-CANC you have the possibility to return to the desktop without closing RRE, open the GHUB configuration
    with the RRE profile configuration. Set operating range to 540 and reduce to icon GHUB, don't close it ! (if the steering visually don't turn go to pedals section and press one and return to the steering section).
    Now close task manager and click on the RRE icon in the toolbar to return to the game and get on the track and you'll see that the steering lock works perfectly.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  7. Leeloo Dallas

Leeloo Dallas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have tried everything: i have unchecked all the options in steam--controller settings. and i also tried with those options checked one by one followed by windows restart and steam restart. No luck. Other people say STEAM does detect the G923 as a racing wheel.
    What do you mean "my windows is detecting the wheel right ?"
    In Device and Printers (and device manager), the wheel appears twice, as two devices, one grey out(meaning is not connected).
    It is weird because the wheel G923 is connected but somehow ...is disconnected ?
    If you have a logitech mouse, it will appear as ONE device and connected, right ? Why should G923 be different ?
    Can you please show me how your wheel is detected by Device and Printers ? If you check in Device Manager--View--Show Hidden Devices, how does your wheel appear ?

8. Leeloo Dallas

Leeloo Dallas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

9. i54lgueiro

i54lgueiro New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The alt tab out of r3e thing worked for me until today. Ghub updated itself and now steering angles no longer works.

10. Sviteneg

Sviteneg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Confirm. After the last update, the steering angle stopped working. (Logitech G923 Xbox version). I tried to reinstall with deleting all GHUB folders, but it doesn't help. Next, tried to download older version from logitech support page, but it's just installer which download latest version.

11. Sviteneg

Sviteneg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Support answered in another thread and said that as soon as possible GHUB receive hotfix update or they write any possible solution

12. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    we have good time of having g923:D
    making the problem of steering angle for more than a year to unusable product of plastic, iron, copper and etc for raceroom. :tearsofjoy:

the guys who report this problem to them in "support.logi.com" please point it out the more than year ingame adjustment issue also .
    thanks

13. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  14. Spidybite

Spidybite New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this will help, but Logitech seem to have a load of old drivers via a dusty FTP site.

(may need a dedicated FTP application or plugin/extension as some browsers no longer seem to have native support).

Try looking under: /pub/techsupport/gaming
    But maybe the packages are a little old/pre-date G923?

15. Spidybite

Spidybite New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  16. Spidybite

Spidybite New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Finally...

ftp.logitech.com

17. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    need time for looking for good plugin but don't have high hope
    i find and have older file from techspot:
    Logitech G HUB 2022.1.3492 Download | TechSpot
    but the problem is it's need internet for installing and by default it update to last version sadly.
    the page of logitech ghub download also turn all version to last version.
    Logitech G HUB – Logitech Support + Download

we need to find installer that download version between 2021.5.9841 and 2022.1.3492 for avoiding this bug.

18. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    coming back after one week travel and still no update for g-hub :tearsofjoy:
    wish we have racing channel like gamers nexus or hardware unbox or LTT to roost Logitech for 9 month old bug, this bug and long delay ...:grin:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  19. IcyMind

IcyMind New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am on the sameboat G923, is not working ... in the meantime i am playing the other sims that work... I hope it gets fixed soon

20. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    what sim does have work around at the moment?
    i see F1 ( not know what version ) have work around for it with config file edit
    DRAG also have option in setting for adjusting none support wheel
    any game else have option?