G923 Steering Angle issues. The game dont change it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    any news on your bug?

2. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have. I switched to iRacing.
    P.S.:The best ffb for the G923 is in iRacing. Next on the list Gran Turismo Sport.
    I'm talking about the function TrueForce.

3. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    interesting
    most reviewer at launch time report it have more like sound effect in iracing.( at point that you could turn off speaker and hear engine from wheel)
    did they improve and add more adjustment option for true force?
    +
    how it feel in gt sport?
    no gt 7?:D

+
    do you have time to make small video of raceroom stuck rotaion bug in ps version after new bug?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  4. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In iRacing, there is a choice to configure TrueForce: run on a physical or audio engine. I choose the physics engine.
    P.S: Before G923, I played on Thrustmaster TS-XW. G923 is an order of magnitude informative for me in iRacing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    interesting - do you still have TS-XW? why change to g923?
    nice that they give ingame options and make full use if trueforce - don't think racroom will have this because it already have FFB overhaul and for adding true force need extra work for little return - maybe if logitech give help and support , they would add that but logitech already go with iracing.
    hard to accept their view because as starter wheel, thinking everyone go to iracing for testing is somehow not working - most video i see use other game than iracing.

6. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Video card burnt out. Sold monitor 34 inches and steering wheel. Bought ps5 and g923 to her. When it became possible to buy a video card, I sold the ps5, and left the steering wheel with the g923.

7. KrisP

KrisP Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Aw man, that's a bummer, especially in today's market.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My monthly PC hardware magazine PCGamesHW does propose to buy 2nd hand g-cards because of the situation.

9. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    something about wheel update itself ( not g-hub but the panel connect to wheel).
    still nothing change :D
    i think we are going for 1st anniversary for this bug :tearsofjoy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    new annoying bug:angry:
    G-HUB update itself without permission. i did uncheck ( and also check after update and see it still uncheck|) the g-hub update system for not updating my main system, and it still do the update.:neutral:
    it's worse than windows update by magnitude :tearsofjoy:

11. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    whats is the record of olded unsolved bug from new product in guinness world record?:D
    can we make a record with this?:grin:
    it's already 1st anniversary for reporting this bug for me:sweatsmile:
    upload_2022-5-6_19-41-40.png

and still waiting for them for solving it:tearsofjoy:

12. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    new update in g-hub and only bug fix for g920 at the moment:

upload_2022-6-10_11-54-30.png

and look like someone else start to answer the logi topic:

upload_2022-6-10_11-57-28.png

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    "if ever" - LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Joaquim Rodrigues

Joaquim Rodrigues New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From what I have read here, referring to the g923, which is the steering wheel I have, I come to the conclusion that Loghitec G923 is no good, the loghitec company is worthless, it always says to update the GHub knowing that it does not solve any problem. However, it's not just loghitec that is to blame, the developers of the raceroom game are also to blame, they've been doing this for about a year and haven't solved anything. Since I'm the biggest culprit, I shouldn't have bought the G923 wheel because it's not compatible with the game, nor should I have bought the raceroom game because it's not compatible with the g923. In short, I feel cheated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hi
    the way they go with GHUB as universal hub for all of their product and not releasing the stand alone software/driver for wheel make a lots of headache if you are not big Logitech owner with multiple of their product.
    the way they release new version as a browser update is another problem. sadly they don't feel pressure yet to have archive of older version of G-hub and if you go to new update with buggy problem, you are stuck until they solve it.

raceroom have long story from what i see. they mostly do the basic support with SDK and not much else.( because the time they release g923 with true force was same time the new FFB come to raceroom)
    the problem of wheel from what the support tell was from Logitech side to solved it not the sector3 - or KW studio - and they already do the what they could ( for example adding all of device id the g-hub give and make headache at start of support ).
    still they can help us contact Logitech and at least give pressure to solve this bug when Logitech have listed this raceroom as supported and compatible game when it's not with this bug.
    from what i hear and see with other game ( specially the one with true force ) the wheel work a lot better.

if you are in 1st rate country's with good RMA system, you can just give it back to seller and tell them it has bugged in game you plan to use - raceroom - and it's 1 year old bug that still not solved and compony know about it.
    in other country's with warranty and/or Guarantee , you can fill a report of bug and link to raceroom topics, reddit topic and logi.com topic and take back money.
    if you are in end rate country without warranty, you are out of luck for changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Petty Andretti

Petty Andretti New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I never binned my ancient Momo FF wheel when I made the mistake of buying the G923 over a year ago. I just plugged it in and did a few laps in RR and what a difference. I don't have to rotate the wheel (almost) twice to make sharp corners like with the G923. The Momo only rotates 90 degrees either way. How pathetic that a $90 15 year old wheel makes any car far more drivable in RR than a $400+ wheel.
    I submitted (not so complimentary) feedback at Logitech along with a link to this thread. I'm sure they'll send me another copy/paste response.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which Momo, the black one? It has 240° of rotation, so it's 120° to each side.

18. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's the black one but mine only rotates 90°.

EDIT*
    Correct. More than 90° unplugged. It felt like only 90° when I was using it.

The RR UI forces us to rotate the wheel to it's maximum either way until it recognizes the device. If we could only rotate at any point we desire with the option to select our own maximum °, this issue might be solved?

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/a...ery-Logitech-MOMO-Racing-Force-Feedback-Wheel

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just set the maximum rotation in your Logitech software. If you set it to 180 it will be 180.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if the G Hub settings were saving over to the game(s) properly. The latest G Hub update has a new UI and calibration on screen was not very responsive.

I did a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller & reinstalled G Hub and set rotation to 180 as ravey1981 suggested and it's seems back to normal now.