Resolved Game Crashed when I go to Options

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by torri_tz, Jun 13, 2017.

1. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

Since the latest updates I have a big problem. I cannot change any option in the game because when I try to go to Options page, the game crashed!!
    During those days I could pass without changing options (although I cannot enable H-shift, but doesn't matter), but unfortanetly I've opened the game without switch on the TV screen so now the game appears in a small window and I don't know how to maximize it externaly from the game.
    I know where are the graphics options saved, the .txt, but there's no labels for each parameter so I only distinguish the resolution, the rest of parameters are mostly boolean.
    If there's no quick solution for the crash, I would thanks a lot if somebody say me what is the option, in the .txt file, that enables full screen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a Razer 7.1 head set? They are usually behind this crash when entering options.

Anyway, in the graphics options file, the line above the first boolean is what you want to change. I'm not 100% sure but I think these are the values:
    Full Screen = 0
    Windowed = 1
    Borderless Windowed = 2

3. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Firstly thanks for your response.

I use Marley headphones but by wire, not Bluetooth.
    Also I use G27 wheel and a TV screen (by HDMI)
    My PC is a MSI laptop with GTX960M, i7-6700HQ and 16GB RAM. Some time ago I had to include the '-cefNoGPU' in launching parameters (yesterday I tried to start without it and the game crashed).

Now I'm reinstalling the game. My early-medieval-age Internet will finished after a couple of days (that's my hope). Then I will try what you say if the problem continues.

Thanks again foro your help.

4. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have reinstalled it and the problem continues. :dizzy:
    Well, at least your tip works.
    Thanks a lot Kitsune.
    May you say me where I can enable/disable the H-shift? I would need the file name and line.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  5. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Well, when the game crashes it creates a dump file, should say where it is saved. Attach that to a reply here and I can have a look at it. Hopefully I can see why it crashes and give you a solution. Or maybe a programmer can solve it and it will be fixed in a future patch.

6. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    I'm an idiot you already did that... Eternal shame for me.

7. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Could you try unplugging the headset and see if the game crashes after that?

8. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I did it. No headphones, no wheel and no TV screen but it is the same.

Well, now it's OK if I don't try to enter to options.
    Knowing how to enable H-shift and disable auto-clutch externally I will be very happy during a long time.

9. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    We've got a potential fix for the options crash, hopefully that gets pushed out next week. As for auto clutch, you can turn that off with F5 while in game. Auto shift needs to be off too, which is done with F4. Some cars only comes with auto clutch though so that might not always work.

H-shift is trickier though, you'll need to know a lot of button IDs and add those to a config file which is a lot of effort. What wheel and H-shift are you using? If we have it in the office I could set it up and send you a ready-made file for now.

10. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again Kitsune.

Well, my Logitech G27 is still configured (after reinstall). I have seen the file with the controller configurations and gear buttons are set (all with a 1 firstly in each array).
    I think where is the line to enable H-shift pattern. I cannot see it right now but if I remember it's a line with a comentary talking about if that function is enabled and there's no gear button pressed, the game consider that the car is in neutral.

If you may see if this is right, I will thank you a lot.

11. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the line you're looking for is:
    Gear Select Button Hold="0" in your control rcs file.

Set it to 1.
    (Gear Select Button Hold="1")

• Like Like x 1
  12. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about the update to fix the problem??
    I don't like to see the signals with the corners on the side of the track and I cannot set the MoTec page button because I don't know the values of the buttons of my wheel.:sob::sob::sob::sob:

I'm just kidding.
    But if you don't make a new update, it's enough for me to know what I can set in each configuration file.

13. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I've found something curious this weekend.

I don't know why but the wheel configuration was erased. When I started the game the message of 'device found' appeared and next to it the link to device options.
    Surprisingly I could entry to set the controls again, like there was no problem.
    After set them I clicked Back button but I didn't go to the main Options window but I returned to initial game window.
    I clicked to options and the game crashed as always.

14. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More strange things I could see.
    I can read clearly configuration files such as graphics_options or menu_controller_options (I mean, they are not encrypted, their parameters are labeled in English) but hud_options.xml and audio_options.xml are like corrupted or encrypted.
    I have erased them and the game creates new ones when it is started. The new ones are encrypted too.
    Maybe the problem is those files are corrupted and, when you click in Options, the game try to load them and it can't and crash?
    Could somebody post in this thread both files (hud_options.xml and audio_options.xml)?
    You don't need to attached the files, only copy/paste here the content of each one.

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever does it.

15. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Those two are encrypted. They don't have to be though, really, so they might be decrypted in the future. There's a fix in the pipeline, if all goes well it should come tomorrow buuuuut... This is software development, something might go wrong or we might find some bug today and it will be delayed. Hopefully though, fingers crossed, you can go into options tomorrow. :D

16. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damned Schrödinger bugs.

Let's pray for it.

17. torri_tz

torri_tz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    God bless you, Kitsune.

18. Kitsune Magyar