Resolved Game crashes before race start or just get error codes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by morpwr, Dec 10, 2016.

1. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in so sorry if it isn't. Since the major update ive had nothing but error codes and crashes. Yes the 503 error like I'm still seeing posted by many on steam. I get in the beginning you had server issues which made sense because I couldn't get on for a week. So I really didn't complain but now its a month later and I'm still having the same issues sometimes it will work fine sometimes I wont be able to play for two days because of crashes and the dreaded errors. I never had an issue ever before the update. Id just like to be able to use what I paid for when I want to seeing I own all the content and this is one of my favorite sims.I hope someone has some input on this.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear you are having these problems
    To help you better please provide your system os and pc specs
    Can you post crash dump log ? And screenshot any error messages
    Hopefully with information you provide someone will be able to help you

3. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  4. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Is that what you wanted? My specs are i7 6700,gtx1080,maximus viii hero mobo, 32gb ram,500gbssd,ttb hdd. Should be plenty to run this. The crash files are above. As you can see by the files there have been times when it works fine. I play almost everyday.But then days sometimes in a row when it doesn't.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Wow, you have a lot of those. Sorry to see that.

It would be helpful if you could upload these here in a message. In the comment box when you reply, there is a button that says "upload file" that when you click on, you can navigate to that folder and select them to upload.

We can then pass these on to the devs to take a look at and see if they can find anything. You can upload as many as you like, but perhaps a total of 3 from different days would be the most beneficial for the devs.

Those specs are certainly far more than is necessary to run the game well, so I cant really say what the problem may be. Just out of curiosity, are you running windows 7 or 8 or 10?

Once the devs get back in the office on monday, they will have a chance to take a look at the logs. So it may be a few more days for a response.

Cheers

6. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 sorry I forgot that. I probably have another full page of them since the update. I really appreciate the help guys. I miss this game as you can tell I play it a lot. Well used to.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, thanks for all the info. Definitely helps to have it when giving the crash dump to the devs to look at.

If you dont mind, you can still upload another crash dump. May help the devs to compare them to see if there is 1 thing in particular causing the problem, or multiple issues.

Be assured though, the devs will see this and hopefully be able to take a look at this sooner rather than later.

Not really sure what I could offer as advice to help. You could try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam. Perhaps there are some corrupt files. To do this from steam, right click on the name of the game, and select properties from the drop down menu. From the window that then appears, select the local files tab. Then select 'verify integrity of game cache'. Steam will them go over the files and download any that are corrupt or missing.

You could also go to your RaceRoom folder located in your "my documents" folder and save a copy of the entire thing... and then delete it. This will force the game to create a whole new folder. Perhaps some of the user settings are buggy causing problems. If you do this, all of your in game settings such as wheel settings, graphics options, audio settings, replay files, and car setups will be deleted. Which is why making a backup of that folder first is a good idea. Since you can then copy car setups and such back in.

To do that, go to My Documents/My Games/SimBin/RaceRoom Racing Experience, and delete that whole folder after making a backup of it.

If that doesnt work, you can just delete this new folder, and Copy+Paste back your original one and all your old settings will be back in place.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    That was the first things I tried. It didn't help. Here are two sets one from the beginning of the problem and the most recent ones.Didnt realize I only gave you one before.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for actually posting helpful logs etc
    Sure these boys will get you sorted out !!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    No problem and thank you for the help. I have lots more if they need them.lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Sorry to see you have issues with the game. I have notified a programmer about it and they'll look into it as soon as they can. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I know a lot of us are experiencing this problem still. Id really love to get back to playing it. If you need any more screen shots ill be glad to get them for you.

14. Viktor Öfjäll

Viktor Öfjäll KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I looked at the crash dumps and they all point towards SS2OSD.dll which seems to be part of either sonic studio or Nahimic. Sadly I have no idea why that would suddenly cause issues since the only thing we've done between the patches sound wise is to add new sounds.

So you can try disabling it as suggested in https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/3/492379159714705337/
    While it's not a proper fix it should at least be a temporary workaround until I can figure out what's causing it.

15. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    After some further investigation Nahimic seems to be the likely culprit. They recently had an update so another possible solution is to get the latest version. (2.3.12)
    Edit: Seems removing Nahimic has solved the issue for others so that seems to be the best solution for now!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  16. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Removed sonic studio and I haven't had a problem since then. Been a couple days so far without any issues. Thanks for all the help and quick reply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Great news Mate

• Agree Agree x 1