Released Game Update - 20th May 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 20, 2020.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Logically it is evident that setup changing makes you faster, else they wouldn´t exist. Whereas I would say it brings more to test-drive two hours than to spend half an hour on setups and drive 90 minutes, for a prolonged timeframe it makes sense, for instance instead of 10 hours only driving you can put in an 1 hour of set-up testing - it gives you a pause as well! :):)

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jeez, if that amounts to offensive talk I think I'm out of reality, if you don't like opposing opinions why make any comment at all, this is a forum, go look up the meaning in a dictionary.
    The idea of making a car easier and safer to control, with the bonus of being more consistent may well be offensive to you but is a bit of a necessity for me. Personally I find the nuts and bolts of racing more interesting than the accumulation of imaginary points in a beta experiment. Lets see how you feel when S3 call time on the beta and wipe the boards clean and you have to start from scratch, you maybe fine with it once or twice but eventually it becomes a pain and total waste of time. If you think I'm alone on this one just try to get hold of one of the Le Man setups from later today, more chance of getting Trumps Twitter password.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of
    I quite enjoy, always redoing my setups, when a change made it necessary. It's part of the fun, creating a performing racing machine, for me.^^'

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not saying there is no fun to be had, I also enjoy eking that last 10th out of a setup BUT having swathes of your garage becoming void in a foul swoop, choices for dropping into a quick race disappear overnight. Fine if you live in RR but there are far too many good Sims with modern graphics, relevant cars for relevant series and more than one or two cars per series.
    Far too many one or two car tricks in RR at the moment, so many series could do with filling out but no, lets add GTE to the mix, just one mind, just one. Would prefer some filling out over the next few months but then we know certain marques will not make it, so will we ever get a full series, probably not. Now if all this was because S3 want our @Alex Hodgkinson and team to lay down a good base for moving to o a new engine or at least bringing in some new lighting etc with the leap to DX11, then all good but we are all in the same darkness that that lonely Z4 was in at Spa.
    Not sure how S3 are going to entice new custom with such an old piece of software and without new blood, how are the empty series going to be filled.
    It's so far past the time we should have had some statement on the future of RR that I'm beginning to think the next thing we will hear is RR2's announcement. An engine upgrade was first mentioned 2 years ago and since then zilch, bugger all, not even a screenshot, how long ago was that Z4 negotiating Spa in the dark?
    Now I'm (was) probably RR's biggest fanboy but with so much invested in this Sim and absolutely no idea where we are heading, I'm not sure I can warrant spending more money on an unknown entity. There are a handful of good Sims about but only one using DX9 that's still relevant, for how much longer though, I'm not sure, even the WTCR coverage looked so dated compared to the earlier Le Mans via rF2, come on S3, you can't just keep rolling along with DX9, it had its day a long, long time ago, jeez DX11 has been superseded by 12 or is S3's lucky number 13, 14, 15.................................?
    Even fanboy's need to know if this Sim is still worth investing in, I own everything barring a couple liveries, I've never benefited from a sale or a pack discount, I'm into RR to the sum of £300-£400+ and not to mention a vast chunk of my life, yet I have no idea what is going on, am I supposed to just keep contributing regardless or is someone @J-F Chardon going to shine a light on the future?

5. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jeez, well that shut everyone up!

Don't tell me, no one heard owt as they're all on Discord. :rolleyes:

6. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but as soon, as the DX11 thing starts all over again, i'm too tired for more discussion, no offense, mate.^^ There are so many reasons, why this isn't the holy grail from the getgo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    and more DX9 content is I presume?
    Little will improve around here unless a move to a more sophisticated engine is made, more of a Vulkan man myself, mate but am open to anything that will improve this Sim, sitting on DX9 most certainly won't and I'm not asking for a date, I'm asking what the f**k is going on with my £'s worth of investment in it, nothing unreasonable, I'm just asking a simple question to one of the developers if it worth me continuing to pump money in or spend my money on elsewhere.
    I can't see anything other than a move to a better engine improving this Sim, so it kinda is the holy grail whether you think it or not. Doesn't have to impact performance, as AMS2, rF2 and even ACC all run ok on my rather dated 4th gen Intel PC and that's running triples, so CrimsonEminence please explain why it's such a bad idea?

8. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I will not discuss this topic in detail anymore, like mentioned.
    I have nowhere stated, that it's a bad idea, i said, it's not the holy grail, people always want to make it into.

We don't know the plans by Sector 3 and you can see the tendency to improvements in the last months, so i think patience is the way to go by now, regarding what will happen.^^

9. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't want to make a furious fight out of it, but there is a point in what @GooseCreature said. Being also an active supporter of R3E I sometimes wonder when its gonna actually MOVE FORWARD. I mean, Alex's new physics was surely a big deal, but there are many things that were annoying me for such a long time, yet there is nothing done about them. They told me to be patient back then and they are telling me the same right now, like 3 years after. I know there are many excuses for why it is that way, but if R3E want to be competitive, it has to upgrade. Not only by adding new cars and tracks to the already huge variety, but by polishing these little imperfect edges and making some huge steps at the same time. No anger in my post, but some sincere observation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  10. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Graphic is not everything you know .......

11. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    DX9 is soooooooo much eligible for improvements. It's stable. It runs on every machine that has a processor core. ACC is all visuals. Sector3 is not new in the field. They know what they are doing. Patience and faith is the key. 300 or even 500 is nothing where it doesn't pay one quarter of the monthly salary of a dev probably. You have to invest more to improve this perfect sim and continue to defend every bit of it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Such behaviour has killed the Madden and FIFA Franchise improvements...just saying...

(if your post was sarcasm, i didn't get the hint.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Perfectly ok for whipper-snappers to have bucket loads of patience but old gnarly ones like me may well not have that long. ;)
    Definitely not all about graphics, it's about features, features that S3 say this engine can't cope with and why compete with the opposition with an old hack'n'slash engine, when a shiny new bespoke engine could improve updates, FFB, etc etc.............
    In fact I can't think of one reason why S3 haven't already moved on, they seem very much to be heading down the esports route, yet there isn't even replays, it's not designed for broadcasting, no cool down lap, timed and not lap counted races, no driver swap, no night/day but last car was an endurance class, no weather, I could go on and on with what's lacking but then that's just what us Sim fans have to deal with, not one finished Sim, ever, just a big pit we keep throwing our money into until we die.
    Bullshit, iRansoms laughable, rFactor2 is just a mishmash, AMS2 the jury is still out, ACC runs like crap and has flaws and only has one series. AMS1, AC and RR are too dated in several areas. So nowt, bugger all complete modern Sim on the market, no idea which if any are going to improve the way one would wish, so best keep a finger in every pie, Jeez this method makes Sim racing awfully expensive but what choice does one have? Bullshit!

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Because they have no resources to make such big and expensive changes on their own. R3E wasn't meant to be another competitive sim on the market, it was made for RaceRoom, a company that sells simracing equipment. R3E was a support software and apparently still is, in some sense. It's KW you should ask why the game hasn't moved on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  15. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    RendR is getting older and we know it all. What we don't know is, what is going on behind the scenes, so these speculative discussions about the graphics technology are leading to basically nothing.

16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    +1 no developer actively chooses to use a technology stack that is 10-15 years old. S3S is not an independent company, they work within the limits they are given to the best of their abilities. The relationship with the owner provides us with a steady flow of licensed content. Unfortunately the technology core is not a priority for the owner. We can only hope that the marketforces and success by other titles in recent esports events makes this a priority. But that's about it.

It's pointless to defend sticking to old tech, nor attacking s3s when they are not independent.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for the history lesson but that all changed some time ago. I'm in fact talking about a statement released by S3 yonks ago, regarding moving forwards with the engine, forced maybe, slightly by the release of a picture of a Z4 Beemer climbing Au Rouge in Unreal4 at night but released all the same. This is merely an enquiry into perhaps filling the vast void left since that statement. Most of RR's competitors have moved on or are in the process of moving engines, allowing them to add night/day, weather etc etc.
    Little fish in big pond has been a rolling statement from the start, said it many times myself. Perhaps I should be asking why is this little fish not putting on some weight, things have improved substantially, as have numbers, so why still floundering? Other small fish are thriving yet RR seems to be paddling upstream.
    The lack of information is a common problem around here, no coherent road-map, drips and drabs leaked on Discord, been here supporting since Jan 2013 and I have absolutely no idea where S3 are heading, well apart from e-sports but hold on, so is everyone else, with better visuals and better broadcasting tools, so to compete, things must improve, just like to know if it's happening at all, asking for a friend!

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Your approach is wrong. When you buy content for the game, you don't invest in the future, instead you buy the content in order to use it right now. Everything added in the future is just a bonus.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What changed? Sector 3 is still a studio owned by KW. And it makes content/features that KW asks them to make for whatever plans KW has for this content/features. Isn't it?

To me R3E is not a little fish among other, bigger, fishes, it's like a different type of creature. Will it ever become a fish and start competing with other fishes in a fishes manner? That's a good question. Are there any signs that would suggest so?

I mean your questions are legit and R3E is in a somewhat weird place right now, but given the information we have I guess it's better to treat it for what it is; for what it has to offer right now. Is it worth pumping money in for the content you might only fully enjoy in future? Probably not...

• Like Like x 1
  20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There's a lot of negativity here and I don't understand it to be honest. At it's base the game is free to play, the content isn't exactly expensive when you do want to buy it and you have complete control over what cars and tracks you want to play. It has the biggest range of cars of any current sim, it is constantly developed and improved. The AI is better that most other sims.

The graphics are dated but still look decent and the game runs well even on lower end hardware.

You can continue to enjoy the game without spending a single penny more that you have.

Time to look at the positives rather than moan about everything the game doesn't have. Because if you look around at other games they don't have everything either.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1