Released Game Update - 26th August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    And remove or allow rescaling or replacing of the egregious race will finish in XX seconds countdown clock!

2. ChrisTmFr

ChrisTmFr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my game is broken, i get this error << Can't connect to server Error code: 17992>> +
    502 Bad Gateway

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Try restarting your router. And let steam verify/check the game files.

I had some serious connection problems to R3E in the past, that basically vanished after this procedure. Might help already.^^

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Unexpected update, but full of goodies I have to check out. Now I got to clamp the wheel to the desk again. Thanks Sector 3! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I keep getting the error “one of your inputs is missing”.
    I have a Fanatec setup on the newest driver and firmware, it’s the pedals that are causing the problem they’re highlighted in red , the thing is they’re plugged into my wheelbase as the update rate was brought to the same as plugging them in by usb in the firmware a while ago so it made sense to just do that.
    Is this a problem anyone has come across?

everything still works fine , just the game keep bringing this warning up all the time when I load a race.

6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I guess that sounds about right. A lot of Porsche race cars sounds pretty average in real life due to the engine used. It doesn't growl like mad compared to other engine configurations. I remember watching a Porsche Cup race in Adelaide, they sound like angry washing machines compared to the V8 Supercars.

Still, will the Lada TCR get the liveries from esports? I like the piggy livery.

upload_2020-8-27_8-54-43.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    You missed the point of what i was describing.
    I don't talk about making them even more "aggressive" or "angry". I talk about the defamilliarized character in sound, they have. I talk about interior, btw. should've edited that in. Exterior is amazingly good.

Again: The Modern Porsches sounds are pretty violent in the high mid frequency area in R3E, like an overblown presence knob on a guitar amp. It even somewhat interferes with the transmission whine and shows some interference, that even eliminates the whine at certain speeds and revs in combination of the frequency concert. (The whine in this Cup is usually very loud and noticeable, you also have 2 different kinds of whine frequencies.)

I know, onboards also suffer from their limitations of mic recording and position, actual mix of the video sound etc.. But does it sound like this, when really being honest? (especially paying attention to the gear whine and 2nd whine on a higher frequency and overall engine frequency areas, that, again still have a discussable component to them, but showing the missing characteristics to an extend here.):

Btw. i also heard several 6 cyl. Boxer engines at high revs and of course they will not match a V8 Supercar, but that was never the point.

DISCLAIMER:
    This may sound pretty negative, but it isn't. I highly appreciate the work, going into the sound design of Race Room, it's one of the best games in general in the industry, when it comes to audiophilegasm stuff and transports a highly immersive impression of sitting in a living and breathing machine!
    I'm just obsessed with Porsche! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  8. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Dont get me wrong. But after the sound update it sounds like five cans of baced beans are flying around wildly in the rear of the Porsche GT3 when lifting the throttle.
    Sounds it like that in reality? Is it wanted like that..?

9. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Where do you find the Vesta in WTCR 18/19.......I'm not seeing it in the list.

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not in the wtcr classes. It's in the TC cup class. You can race it against the wtcr by using the AI selector tool (multiclass) if you wish.

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    DÓh! thank you............:)

12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well initial signs were good, managed a couple car/track combos with no problems, so hopped online in the 2016 DTM's at Spa and the suspension collapsed after turn one. Went back offline, tried one of the combos that worked previously and no good, can make a few hundred yards at best. At the moment I have both the latest Driver & Firmware from Thrustmaster running, have tried going back 2, then 1 with both but nothing changed. The annoying thing is when I installed the 056 firmware all was fine for 2 tracks & 2 cars for several laps, I have noticed that this tends to come on after a severe wiggle of the wheel. If you stay smooth and don't touch the kerbs all is well but after any contact or intense input, it all goes tits up!

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried bypassing the wheel base by inputting the pedals directly via USB?

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thomas, this "error" can have two reasons. There's an annoying bug with Fanatec gear that keeps this message coming up without any actual need. The second reason is the originally intended one, you add a device to your profile and then unplug it from your PC.

You can try mending this by deleting the file called "device_statistics.xml" in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData, but afaIk this will only fix it permanently in the second case.

The devs are aware and already working on fixing this annoyance.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    This will be my next point of action to stop it but I thought I’d just run it by some people in case there was another way.

Thanks for your reply.

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I meant the store page, the power-to-weight ratio seems off for a TCR car.
    [​IMG]

17. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian ,have they not had this problem for a while with fanatec? I’m sure I remember from a few years ago there was the same issue.
    I was a tester although not very good one as I was unwell at the time.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not the suspension collapsing though, as that would show as damage, even if it may feel that way. Given that you've gone through all permutations of firmware, driver, and tried RCS file that we know work I can't think what else can be done. There's something wrong but as to where the fault lies who knows. The flatspots etc have been in the game since December so it's a mystery why the problem has only shown up for you recently....

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Of course I remember you from back in the day, glad to see you taking a peek in here from time to time. :)

Yes, it's actually been an ongoing issue for quite some time now. While I'm not that involved in wheel stuff I think I remember that it's not Fanatec's fault, it's sth to do with how Fanatec devices and the game handle some data differently and that makes the game throw this message.
    Like I said, it's been acknowledged and we're looking for the most reasonable way to handle it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    what an update! just took a lap around the nordschleife with the Audi R8 LMS ... wow... awesome new cockpit sounds and especially the backfire samples... great work.:D
    now for my (nearly) personal perfection I need the new 2019 Audi R8 GT3 Evo spec... :D