Released Game Update - 26th August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you will get an Audi R8 GT2 soon(tm)! :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This car will be a smasher. (wasnt a second new GT2 spec car already confirmed?)
    Nevertheless we need the R8 evo spec ;D

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I have absolutely no idea what's going on now, unless of course the firmware update fools RR into thinking it's a new wheel, as now when I start RR it prompts me into making a new profile template, all my existing profiles all say the wheel is missing, hardware id number the same, 3. If I go to an old profile and edit an assignment it will allow it on id 3. The new profile template names the wheel identically the same, Ferrari F1 Wheel Advanced? o_O I'm at a loss whilst losing out, :rolleyes: WTF is going on with the controllers of some in RR?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Working perfectly driving-wise but still have the profile template request bar but small price to pay. Gave the Nissan and Porsche a crack in the new comp, then did half a doz laps in the FRJ in that comp, all worked perfectly, oh took the GTR3 Audi out, now that thing has a cackle, no FFB issues at all. I also consigned keys FFB increase/decrease, not sure if this had anything to do with it, didn't before and defo NOT going back to find out. :)

Aagghhh, bullshit, NSU @ Brands half Hatch, already had one online, ranked race. Broke for a sarnie, came back restarted RR, jumped into another round at Brands in the NSU and unable to leave pits. Halfway down the pits my little NSU violently throws itself into the pit wall. In the race I did finish in pre-sarnie, I was going to report that every time I went wide at Druids (car on inside) the rear hopped, like I'd run over a large rock.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Ah, so that's basically the auto ignition permanently trying to start the engine during refueling? I guess that should be tweaked then so it only happens after refueling is done.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It shouldn't be doing it during refuelling, unless that's another sample being played. I'll check it out when I get time and report if needed.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    No, the fuel pump of the car is activated, when you press ignition. This has a new Fuel Pump sound.

The Refueling sound is something different.

There is a misconception going on. He asked, what is meant with new fuel pump sounds.

The clicky refueling sound is another story and has nothing to do with the update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Right, deleted all control sets from MyDocs, as the default lists my wheel as a TX Racing Wheel, highlights it red and although I can edit assignments, they won't save.
    If I make a new profile it names the wheel Ferrari F1, which is what it is, lets me assign and saves but I get the dreaded suspension collapsing issue. @J-F Chardon could this issue be as simple as a wrong detection of my wheel so RR gets confused, I know I am.
    How do I get RR to properly detect the right wheel?

8. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have just had RR crash whilst entering the FRJ competition. I had just done a few laps of Imola in the Audi GTR3 with no wheel issues so thought I'd give it a bash. Well didn't get far, please find enclosed crash dump file.

Attached Files:

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    What happens if you use a standard controller e.g. keyboard or mouse?

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0

Can you send me a DM or find me on Discord with some information about the issue?

If you can also attach a game.log file from a session where you experienced an issue, that helps.
    (they are located in My Docs\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Logs\ )

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature if you can find the file of the profile that is working for you open it up in notepad and check the readonly line....it may be that the profile is locked....that has been known before. If it is read-only changing the value from 1 to 0 should allow your edits to save.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Another thing......I wonder if these issues are only related to the F1 rim.....that may explain why I and others have never had them.

13. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Sound update is really amazing! Those subtle differences really bring the "livelyness" of the cars to another level.

I only have one small problem: With the DTM92 Opel Omega, the engine sound is mainly coming from the left side. Other cars work fine for me. Is this intended, or can it be resolved?

14. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I will test this and report it. Thanks for the tip.

15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @LRK-racer Tested the above issue you reported, I hear the Opel engine in both ears, I use a headset.

16. smokey_rs250

smokey_rs250 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Noticed several changes in Spa track, long higher kerbs on exit of La Source hairpin that are pretty nasty, few high ones in the bus stop and marks in the grass on the left on La Source entry are gone (my references for brakoing :( )

But, good update, if changes reflect the real track, good work !

• Like Like x 1
  17. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I cannot say that I was overly impressed with the in car sound changes in this patch. To me, all the backfires sounded like hard rubber balls bouncing around inside a clothes dryer. I went into the Sound control panel and made some adjustments to the individual sliders, most notably turning the backfires down to 65%, and now I am happy again. I do like the louder brake squeal. R3E still has some of the best sounds in sim racing IMO.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  18. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    One thing I would like to ask. Is there a plan to update the BMW M6 GT3 talent files?

Whenever I'm doing a GT3 race, the BMWs are always dead last or at least in the back of the field. Especially when I use the ADAC GT Masters 2018 it is kind of saddening, that the BMWs are always in the last few places and never get points, eventhough BMW achieved a 6. Place in the points ranking with Mikkel Jensen and Timo Scheider.

Thanks in advance!

Btw. Also the 2019 Porsche GT3 AI is really strong compared to the other GT3 AI cars. But that is personal taste I guess ;)

19. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for testing this Paul. It made me check my settings once more and I could track the issue down a bit. I was using headphones, but Raceroom was set to 5.1 Surround, as I used a 5.1 system before. Setting it to Stereo in game has solved the issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Having DRS button is great, but having the real-time ability to adjust FFB strength in the car, oh nice!! Mic Drop! THe new physics/FFB in this game is getting truly amazing.... I have a DD2 and using the recommended settings from your physics dev, made this game my favorite sim... the cars feel like they have weight and a realistic amount of grip, especially compared with iRacing. I also have a 6 DOF system and the movement exported from the telemetry is top notch!! If your upcoming GT3R has new graphics but keeps all the FFB/Physics and sounds, we're going to have a new leader in the sim community.

• Agree Agree x 3