Released Game update - 8th April 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Is there a change in AI strength? I suddenly have problems keeping up with the AI with 100% strength.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Which car/track?

Greetings

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I was racing Group 5 (Zolder) and GT3 cars (Most) at 107-110% right now and the pace was pretty okay, so seems like a car/track specific thing then, yup.

But btw.: The T1 chicane at Most is still a slow section for AI. Also the 2nd turn (fast righthander) after the "Meritor" sign is a spot where the AI doesn't keep awareness of the player and turns into you, if it's driving on the outside.

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Me too.
    I usually keep up well with Group 4 at 105%. Even at 100% it is difficult for me to keep up now. I have the feeling that the AI has too much grip .. (?)
    Nürburgring GP.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ai have had a few tweaks , and have been slapped with a wet haddock and been sent out there , not everywhere but there is some areas that they are a bit more intelligent

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Phoe I can't recall all tracks and cars but the ones underneath I do remember.
    Normally I Race with an AI with 100%/105% strength. Now I have to use 90%/95%.
    They are a lot faster on straights than before if you ask me. I can't keep up on straights. On other parts of the track it is no problem to keep up but they are just a lot faster on straights.

GT3 BMW M6
    GT2 RUF
    WTCR Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR
    Bathurst and RaceRoom Raceway.

EDIT: But they are great to race against. I find the current AI really outstanding. For me as a "mostly" offline racer it is a privilege to race against this AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm on SC1, static friction now works, and seems to behave a bit different depending on car, great.

Wheelrange and flatspots however do not, is that the expected behavior?

8. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the ai has more or less gotten worse with every update. It was perdect before the big update in july 2019 but after that the quality of the ai is much worse now, It still has major problems at Imola with the GT3 cars. They run wide ayt Rivazza but even if the run off at high speed into the gravel they somehow miraculously get back on track. One strange thing is that after you passed them they tend to get farther and farther behind even if the ai strength is set to a level where it´s hard to keep up with the cars in front. So in the races I have done after the latest update I tend to end up being alone not catching up with the cars in front and leaving the ones behind farther away. A year ago I had amazing races where the ai kept fighting and if you passed them they would come back a couple of corners later and fight back while still beimg able to catch up and fight the cars in front. I find them very inconsistent. In some corners you leave them far behind in an instant and then into some corners they come flying in like Maldonado on steroids. And the awareness is worse now again which means I get rammed every now and then into corners. From having stellar ai a year ago where I did race after race enjoying every second I tend to quit after a while with a rather boring experience racing against the ai. Hope the ai can get back on track so to speak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  9. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Raced GTR3 at Lausitzring yesterday, they get a speed boost in the banked corner. I cannot tell you for sure if they've been faster for me. I got a new wheel since Tuesday and have to get used to that first. But first impression is that they are faster than usual...

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with the current AI. White flags are also common now. Almost no topic in Group 4 before the update. Now strikingly often. Group C is not a fun factor at the moment. Please dear devs please do something about it. I hope it doesn't take a month to fix it. I want my old AI back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    wheelrange doesn't work here too. But flatspots do work.. that's a bit strange because in my controller.rcs file the FFB flat spot magnitude is at 0.0 (disabled)

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    TCR on Salzburgring...goddamn this is fun now with AI.

I can't quite understand complaints about too loud transmission whine...it's even on the more "tame" side, sound wise.

The tyre screech while lateral slipping and locking starts is so rough and immediately signals you, that you are quite on the border here, big grin there :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I understand everyone is different but the transmission whine is brilliant and would like it even louder. It doesnt drive me insane at all. I love it

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just quickly, the new tyre and handling update in the latest update is a beauty. Realistic or not, I dont care, it is the best driving experience so far.
    The sounds are fantastic!! I am yet to test more cars.

Excellent update !

15. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What really makes me laugh is when a sim racer spend money on a high end sim rig that features direct drive, motion, what not.... and then turn all the effects off or set to bare minimum :D:D:D:D

16. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy you like it at 100

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Regarding all new sounds, for me it feels like immersion has stepped up one notch: I think transmission whine is very good, the limiter sound is much more natural now (it was something I didn't quite like before), and also the newly updated gearshifts and backfires.

Besides the sound, I really like the new Fanatec CSL default settings, think it gives it a bit more feel.

18. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The transmission whine sound level is fine :). I would even like it to be slightly higher :p. But...

Sector3 please restore backfires sound inside car :(:(:(

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you wouldnt hear them with your helmet on over your earplugs ;;;;;;;;
    :)

Andi

20. ZRT PINOUROO

ZRT PINOUROO New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Andi Goodwin, post: 200225, membre: 31"] toutes les voitures n'ont pas été mises à jour pour la physique du nid, modèle de pneu; aussi quand dans mp certains serveurs ont des configurations fixes, donc aucune modification n'est autorisée;
    pouvez-vous lister les voitures sur lesquelles vous ne pouvez pas changer la pression des pneus, et je vérifierai

Andi [/ DEVIS]
    Bonjour,
    pour celles que je possède, voici la liste de celles dont le reglage de la pression des pneus est impossible :
    - DTM 2014/2015/2016
    -GTR1
    -P1/P2
    -Groupe 5

bonne journée.