Problem Game will not launch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AngryOldFella, May 9, 2020.

1. AngryOldFella

AngryOldFella New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Previously had the game on my system. Updated to Windows 10, uninstalled and reinstalled RRR, upgraded GPU to GTX 1070. Game will not start. Starting screen loads up, then nothing. There is the raceroom icon on the task bar and it shows about 1/8th of the game screen - when I click on it - nothing. I had previously played 63 hours and love the game. I have verified files, updated the launch setting with -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist. Still nothing. Very frustrating. System specs - i7 3770 @3.40GHZ - 16GB Ram GTX 1070

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Have you maybe carried your old userdata files from the old system to the new?

Make sure you check the following:

• Rename My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience folder into "BackupRR"
    • Check Windows settings for scale. Right-click on the desktop, select "Display Settings" then check the scale is not set to anything a bit wild
      upload_2020-5-9_10-8-28.png

3. AngryOldFella

AngryOldFella New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately - still doesn't launch. Or should I say it launches but I cannot see it or use it. this is how it comes up

Attached Files:

4. AngryOldFella

AngryOldFella New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have lowered the resolution to 720p (I have a 4k monitor) and also renamed the folder as suggeested