Question Gamepad X1 + Vibrations

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Felix Azur, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Have you planned to make the wireless Xbox One gamepad compatible with vibrations ?
    DiRT Rally is compatible, why not R3E ?

Thanks ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JakesLieb

JakesLieb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering the same thing just yesterday...

3. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Furthermore the gamepad often loses the connection when playing at R3E!

Fix please ;)

4. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    S3S it's a project please ?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This sounds a lot like the controller doesn't receive enough voltage. Make sure to connect it via a USB port that is directly connected to the mainboard.

6. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    even with the cable there is no vibration!

With Dirt Rally we have the vibration with the X1 gamepad wireless, there is no reason that this is not the same with R3E!

7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I sent an email to R3E support about this and the also the lack of an officla XBox One Controller profile, they said:

"Regarding the question of an official controller profile for the Xbox One Controller... there seems to be an issue in the drivers (which are made by Microsoft, not us) that causes some players to encounter quite severe issues while using this specific gamepad in our game. These issues range from odd rumble motor behaviour and performance issues to the entire game crashing.

Until Microsoft rectifies these issues in their drivers or, at the very least, informs us of what it is that is breaking in their software so that we may work around it we unfortunately cannot officially support this controller."

and

"There is indeed rumble if you're using a wired 360 controller. For the Xbox One controller however there are the driver issues which makes the rumble motors act very strangely, so having no rumble at all is definitely preferred."

So I bought a cheap (but official Microsoft) XBox 360 Controller to play RaceRoom Experience with, as at least you do get rumble with that, for slip and kerb effects anyway (not on gear shifting, unfortunately), the slip rumble effect makes a massive difference to play-ability, as helps to let you know when to ease off (or not) on cornering. I'd rather be able to use my XBox One Elite controller, though, as the sticks are more precise, so movement is less jerky, though using a Kontrol Freek CQC thumbstick extender on the left stick helps a little - for photos and more info. see my last post here

It's particularly sad that the XBox One controller isn't fully supported, as that actually has 4 rumble motors (has one in each trigger as well as the in the grips), so could provide lots of different types of feedback. This works well in Forza 6 on an XBox One console.

8. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It would therefore although @S3S contacts Microsoft to inform them of this problem so that they shall settle the issues with the X1 gamepad!

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well I hope S3 have reported it to Microsoft...

Think there have been some firmware updates for this controller recently from Microsoft, but don't know if these will help

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW Microsoft's last driver update for the XBox One controller actually made things worse, and broke support for that controller completely in some games! See: http://www.infoworld.com/article/30...ox-one-controller-forces-microsofts-hand.html

11. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Microsoft are really funny !!! grrrrrr

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What are you saying? They gave you their wonderful new spyware OS for free. You should be greatful. ;)

13. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hahahaha :)

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I actually much prefer Windows 10 to 8.1, I've just turned off all the reporting back "features"

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it's not like Win7 doesn't have some of this crap too, but as you say you can disable (most of) it.
    But when I read all the reports about problems people are having with Win10 (in RR and elsewhere) I don't regret sticking with 7 for the time being.

16. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I really hope Sector3 is working with MS for a fix, i dont really think it is a solution to buy an Xbox 360 controller.
    But i do really think Raceroom should get full support for the X1 controller, certainly other car games can... why not Sector3?
    (Thinking of Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, etc.)

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  18. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    The Xbox 360 controller doesn't work very well too since last update so it isn't a viable option. They blame Microsoft, and yes they tend to release crappy drivers, but since last R3E update things got worst for both the X1 and X360 pads, so it doesn't need to be Sherlock to pinpoint who's to blame actually

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'm considering buying a wheel because of all this, even though I don't really have space for it, and the missus isn't going to be happy... :rolleyes:

20. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My point exactly, if everyone else manages to get it working you cant really blame Microsoft...
    Unfortunately a wheel is out of the question, just havent got the room for it. Even though i love my car games...

I am just really hoping that Sector3 is working on this, i love Raceroom for now but im no gonna sink alot of cash into it before i know that the X1 controller is going to be fully supported :)