Gear Ratio of GTR 3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laurens Ng, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Laurens Ng

Laurens Ng New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How can I change the gear ratio of GTR 3 cars? It is too slow now. I cannot drive well.

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Gear ratios are fixed in GT3s, just like in reality

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Laurens Ng

Laurens Ng New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interesting... The Gear Ratios are fixed. Yesterday I tried to have the leaderboards challenge. When I started to accelerate, the ghost car of the leaderboard was much more faster than mine. However, both of us were using the same car and that is a straight road. So I am interested in why mine could not as fast as the ghost car. If the developer said the gear ratios cannot be changed. Then, can someone tell me why there is a big difference in accel.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Red Bull Ring schaltet der Original Audi R8 LMS in den 6. Gang. Ich kann nicht einmal den 5.Gang voll ausfahren. Also stimmt da etwas nicht. Aber egal, für mich sind die GT3 Fahrzeuge total unrealistisch.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There are 2 main reasons which can explain it. 1) The smaller difference of these two, setups. He might be running a setup with 0 wing and other minor tweaks.
    2) AI controls the start of your leaderboard lap. It's sometimes slower and sometimes faster, not sure why. But the main reason for what you were experiencing is that he must've done his best leaderboard lap on a flying lap. You can drive more than 1 lap at a time, so he sacrificed the entry to the final corner of let's say lap #4 in order to gain best possible acceleration for the main straight for lap #5. (way too long explanation, forgive me pls)

TL;DR: He sacrificed his previous lap in order to get the best possible acceleration for his next lap.