English GearEx Steam Group RRE Season 2015/16

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by n01sname, Sep 17, 2015.

?

Which days & time of day for GearEx Events would suit you best ? (GMT )

Poll closed Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Monday

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Tuesday

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Wednesday

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Thursday

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Friday

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Saturday

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Sunday

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm GMT (= UK +1/ EU+2)

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. 6:00 pm - 9:00pm GMT (= UK +1/ EU+2)

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. 7:00 pm - 10:00pm GMT (= UK +1/ EU+2)

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    GearEx is back. As before various Funracing Events will be held - specially for Members of our GearEx Steam Group & befriended racers who are part of the Sector 3 Forum community.

I'm also relieved to finally introduce our own 24/7 GearEx Server provided by @GooseCreature with many many thx to him for his generous offer. (You're the man !)
    The Server is already up (MP Lobby under "Gearex") and is password-restricted. The PW will remain the same until further notice and will be distributed among members & friends
    My only condition for getting it is to keep it confidential, as the main intention is to gather a pool of Gentlemen-drivers who will find a home for fair and clean racing without interfering wreckers and trolls of any kind ;). So, except for announced Events you`re free to use it whenever you want.

For more details I will post at S3 Forum and always have a look at the GearEx Steam Group Discussion & Event Board for further announcements & info there.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex/discussions

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex#events

At the time we have 1 (- 2 max) GearEx Events per Weekend coming : Mostly on Saturdays, rotating on Friday/Sunday/Monday.

Midnight Oil - on Saturdays - for night owls
    Classics Friday - for classical series
    Sunday Drivers Club - for to do what the Pro's just did on TV :)
    or Blue Monday - for those who couldn't join during weekends

The main idea is to keep the motivation up within a more competitive scope of events while keeping the logistics & basic rules as simple as possible for everyone - rather applying the Gentlemen Driver's Rule for a fair, clean & relaxed mutual experience, than falling into a fierce competition for some virtual merits to gain.

Mandatory Pitstops (when announced):

Ingame RRE when entering a race session, you'll find Pitstop Presets. Mark the changes you wish for a full pitstop (tyrechange/repair) save it and make sure it is set to "activated".
    At least assign one button for pitstop request, one to scroll up/down pit menu and another one to confirm the pitstop while you're entering pitlane.
    Note that you should push the pitstop request button early (I suggest half lap before you pit in), cause if you're request comes too late, you'll get a penalty of a few secs, cause your crew won't be ready right in time...make also sure not to exceed pitlane speed when entering ( = drive-through penalty).
    Note: As long as Pitstops are not fully available in the game, we pit in via "Gentleman's Agreement", means you're free to pit whenever you want (depending on tyre condition/ car damage).
    This may change with the next Update by Sector 3 (Mid-October) when Pitstops become fully implemented (hopefully).
    I expect every driver to take all efforts to practice all pitstop procedures properly.

Safety Formation Lap (when announced) :

As even with advanced communities I experienced start crashes due to overambitioned or arbitrary behaviour, I decided to introduce a Safety Formation Lap at the Start of each Race.
    Actually the common race restart procedure behind a Safety Car applies:
    With Racestart (Green Lights) all drivers sort themselves behind the Polesetter starting a classical Formation Lap not faster as in 2nd Gear. From Sector 3 (!) on, the Polesetter determines the pace at will. You are allowed to overtake when passing the Start/Finish line. This leaves room for tactical decisions and will hopefully spread out the Grid to prevent the usual mess.
    Note : This Formation Lap Rule will generally apply to GT/Prototype-Multiclass and G5 Races when large grids are to be expected.

Event Calendar October : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearex#events

Feel free to ask, comment and suggest - and most important :

Join our races !

PS: Anfragen auf deutsch werden ebenfalls beantwortet

Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  2. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10-24-15 Open Server until further notice

GEAREX DTM 14
    Track Rotation : RR Bridge, Shanghai WTCC, Spa -Franchorchamps, Macau incl. Mandatory Pitstops
    Practice / Qualy / Race :
    20 / 15 / 20 Mins

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    For those who haven't got a message/invitation via Steam or S3 (password) don`t hesitate to send me a message .
    Or meet us at the GearEx Steam Chatroom prior to Racing Events.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Great Fairman. Bad news is that in weekdays, time zone difference will keep me off racing, good news is that I have 10+ weeks of vacations per year. :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mobius

Mobius New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Did I read "we're about to plan a short Group 5 Championship over six races" :rolleyes:
    Yes yes yes please, I ll be so happy to be one of yours?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you read that correctly. The championship races are gonna be 40+minutes with at least 1 mandatory pitstop. The details are yet to be finalized. You are most welcome to join.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Cool stuff - I hope to get in on this -not sure I got the password though, mind you I wasnt on the pc much yesterday.

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Look @steamchat Mike you`ve already got it - but as said : just give me a short note in case @all

10. SOLO59

SOLO59 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would you mind posting all event times including making them GMT? Thank you

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Can do but thought it is automatically converted by Steam Event Board ? (Not ?)

12. SOLO59

SOLO59 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I checked the steam event board but on my phone; and I didn't see any times posted with the events

13. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    if you're using android, there should be a kinda glowing blue, rounded menu tab/button on the top right. that will show the upcoming events and times.

14. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah! An evening at the Spa. Hopefully we all get a happy ending ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Pitstops (general rule until pitstops are fully implemented): as pitstop windows aren't indicated via RRE, its up to you when you pit in for tyrechange , but when announced, pitstop is mandatory !

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  17. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i suggest no pitting on the last lap

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  19. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I would like to join this too. I will be able to join the "blue monday" events but can't commit for the friday ones. Don't know if this is acceptable...

• Like Like x 1
  20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Of course it is, np ;)

• Like Like x 1