Bug Gears/clutch wrong behaviour

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Fleskebacon, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a G27, and with my setup with H-shifter on and auto-clutch off, it behaves strangely. When I press the clutch all the way in, then rev the engine and change gears, still with the clutch all the way in, the engine rpm decreases for each gear I change! That's not proper behaviour at all!

Another issue is that the gearbox always breaks after like 10 minutes, no matter how I drive. This could also just be me being too hard on the gears, but I doubt it. Even when I drive really carefully, the gearbox eventually breaks. And I have only owned cars with manual gears for the last 20 years. Never broken a gearbox there.

Both issues apply to the Mercedes 190 DTM '92 at least, haven't checked other cars yet.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Vojvoda, Mar 14, 2015 (1 points)
  3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    -I have G25 and dont' have your issue
    -damage feature doesn't work well yet, set damage off

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Have done some research, and this has apparently nothing to do with the controller. It can be replicated with keyboard as well, and seems to apply to all cars, both sequential and H-pattern shifting. I have only tried with "get real" difficulty.

Try this: Turn auto clutch OFF, manual gearbox ON. When the car is standing still, put it in Neutral, press the clutch and rev the engine up to say 7000 rpm and keep it steady there. Then shift into first, then second gear and so on, still with the clutch pressed and the engine revving steadily at 7000 rpm, and see what happens.

What should happen: Absolutely nothing.

What happens: The engine will act like you are doing regular gearshifts with the car in motion. The engine rpm will drop each time you shift gears, and then slowly increase rpm back to where you initially had it.

Is something very wrong with my rig, or can you replicate it?

5. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    Problem isn't in your rig. Seems that cars are equipped with an autolift system in physics.

6. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    It seems that way, and I'm now aware that some racing cars actually use auto lift. But I've never actually driven a proper racing car with auto lift (or auto blip), so I'm not sure if this is proper behaviour when the car is standing still?

At least it should be made optional or car dependent, as I doubt that the DTM 92 or Group 5 cars had auto lift...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I agree about the strange shifting behaviour. There is also an annoying shifting delay when using H-shifter.
    Although I shift as fast in manual as it takes for a sequential/paddle shift in cars like the 190 dtm merc the shifting delay makes the gear engage slower and I get passed on the straights.
    I hope this is sorted out soon, as well as an option to force cars to have the right gearbox type just like Assetto Corsa.
    Some info about the car you select would be nice so you know what type of gearbox the org car uses.

• Agree Agree x 4