Gears in H mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miche34, Dec 28, 2016.

1. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    HY,

Here is my observation:

I think there is a problem, when changing gear with the H-box, it lacks the step, passing through the neutral:
    Without selecting gears in H
    1> 2> 3 ect ...

I think it should be:
    Without selecting gears in H
    1> N> 2>N >3 ect ...

This would allow you to pass gears faster and Currently, it happens that the gear does not pass.

When you put the lever on the neutral the previous gear remains engaged.... Try ! (Without selecting gears in H)

Why should I select gears in H ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  2. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Or (for R3E developers), the H-box selection should be automatic according to the car, like in reality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if i fully understood what you are trying to say.

But first what car are you using? Did you ensure to activate H-pattern in the options?

My observation is when you put the lever in neutral the car also goes in neutral, but only if the car has an H-box in real life. sequential gearboxes can't do this! They only can go through the gears and not pass them. for example to go from 1st to 4th you have to go through 2nd and 3rd. In an H-pattern you can go from 1st to 4th directly. That's how it is in R3E, or that's how it was last time I checked.

I agree that the game should select H-box automatically according to the car, but then what are the guys and girls withouth clutch pedal and h-shifter are doing? Maybe this option should consider if you are using H-shifter and clutch pedal, and only if detected should switch on h-box automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    There should be at least an option like Dirt Rally has. In Dirt Rally i let the game decide what the "right" way for shifting is.

5. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think the obligation to select the H-box option should not be necessary if the developers would automatically modify according the gearbox of the car.
    Now we are obliged to go through this option when we are changing car.

Question : It would change what if in a sequential box the change of speed would pass through the neutral fleetingly (in programming)?

6. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    or a buton binding for select the box rapidly ;)

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    first world problems

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    not really. it's just a wish we discuss. other sims let you decide if the game sets the proper gearbox option (like dirt rally or pcars), so why not here too? It's annoying when you forget to switch the h-pattern on/off when switching cars.
    Not a big deal, but would be nice to have some kind of automatic selection, or at least have the option more present on the front page and not buried in the controller options.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Oui c'est ça !!
    Yes it's this !!
    ;)

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Not everybody has an h-pattern shifter at home. It must be possible to select a sequential mode of shifting as an overall default for them. Otherwise they would be excluded from driving h-pattern cars completely. So you can't let the game decide for all cars. And sorry, but the option is not "buried" somewhere, it's in the controller options - where else do you expect it to be? You can reach it at any time even when you have already loaded up the track and are in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I know it's only two clicks away but since the automatic/manual transmission option is accessible in the racing menu it would be great if h-pattern would join there. And then you don't forget it anymore.

And like I said in my post that it should be an option to let the game decide. So if you have no H shifter you don't have to use this option. Other games have this too.

It's just a suggestion for future improvements, so I hope no one will freak out in this thread about it.

12. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, would be nice and seems doable as has been pointed out AC, DiRT Rally etc. manage it. If we're wishing for things I'd also love it if we could bind gear up and down to both paddles and a sequential shifter. Clearly not a priority or anything though perhaps also not quite the effort of the devteam so who knows. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ok with this, but other simulation work with both H and sequential without changing .
    You have to go through the neutral point in sequential box mod, so it would worked in H Box also.
    If you have device sequential it would be ok
    if you have device H box it would be ok also.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes as every singel post in this forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It's just a suggestion, not a dilemma, RACEROOM is a great simulation that I appreciate, This is only with a positive intention guys!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Speak for yourself Johnny, the rest of us are being held against our will in a Bavarian Sim Racing forum sweatshop. But you know what would look on you next year? A BMW. (Send help)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The community makes suggestions the developers make their decision!

18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Really dont understand what you mean`:)

19. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Just having a laugh mate, always a little louder my own jokes too. :)

20. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's because your the only one who gets them. :)

It would be nice if the selection of H shift, auto clutch, and trans type,
    were all on the same page and in the saved car setups so when you load the car
    it will have your saved options selected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1