General Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'Car and Track Knowledge Base' started by Thomas Jansen, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Shadow997

Shadow997 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have started again with R3E (or sim racing in general) after almost a year and im realy struggeling to keep temperature in my front tires of the GT3 Cars. The Picture below was taken after just one and a half lap of Monza.
    I was watching serveral youtube videos to find out if other people have the same issues but i cant find anyone how is using this ingame overlay to compare the tire temps.

Now im asking me am i doing anything wrong? Going faster trough the corners make me feel to overdrive the car, getting massiv understeer due to the low tire temps.
    Or is it somewhat like a bug?
    Any changes to the setup recommended?

with kind regarts
    Shadow

Attached Files:

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Fast circuits like Monza are not easy to keep heat in the tires. But since heat transferred from breaking, It will bring up their temps by braking harder.

3. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I'm also left with that question but then on the BMW Z4 ADAC 2015 the tires lose their temperature when leaving the pit and after 1 lap even more, have already done several setups but nothing helps, I asked thomas myself but none answer

4. Shadow997

Shadow997 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yep, event after a couple of laps i was still someware around 60-70°C at the front tires. At a race in Spa it was a little better and i got around 80°C in the corners but couldnt keep the temperature...

5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen Sector3 Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    the GT3s have a very wide operating range currently, so there is nothing to worry about at 60-70c. Once tire pressures become available on them you will have to compensate by increasing the pressures in the cold tires, but that will come later :p

6. Shadow997

Shadow997 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    rly? always though the optimum rang is 80-90°C. IS this just a R3R thing or is it in real life too?
    Well i think i have to work on my driving style and the driving line, if there is everything correct now^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eric Fogelström

Eric Fogelström New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone that could help out with a setup to any of the cars in the Oscaro competition? I have tried to tweak and all it does is to make it worse and worse so any help would be appreciated.