General Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Thomas Jansen, Apr 10, 2019.

1. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure I've overlooked this same question been asked by someone else. If so, please direct me to it.
    I'm looking for some sort of setup chart for WTC (19?). I found a nice PDF document (don't recall who had put a link to it), that explained what to adjust for a multitude of situations, but it was for GT2's, and a lot of things I cant adjust, or don't have in the WTC.
    Been front wheel drive, it behaves differently then RWD, and it typically understeers, and then I scrub speed off in the corners, and this results in not getting out of the corner as fast - therefore I get passed at the end of the straight.
    I always use the base setup, and I'm pretty consistent on lap times with it, but I want to tweak it, to get a little better, but I'm not sure what to adjust

2. Eric Fogelström

Eric Fogelström New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There is a tool on Steam that I think is quite helpful. I think it is called “Setup developer tool” and costs around 15 Euros

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Soften the front end via springs and roll bars for better turn in, but be aware this will be at the cost of a looser rear. Driving technique is far more important for these cars than setup. If you drive them in the same way as rwd then they will always be bad.

Basic technique for fwd is brake, use the loose rear to get the car rotating and then get on the throttle early to pull the front of the car around the corner. You never want to be off throttle and just coasting into the apex in a fwd.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to both of you.