Get Real with SimRacingHardware.com

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 27, 2015.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Compete in Get Real mode to win one of three USB Tachometers for your PC based simracing rig.

Join the competition:
    Set the fastest lap you can around Circuit Zolder in theMercedes 190E Evo II DTM from RaceRoom's DTM 1992 pack. The quickest driver overall will claim the first Tachometer, and two additional Tachometers will be awarded via random drawing among all players who record a valid lap time in this event.

This competition is free-to-play:

1st Place
    x1 USB Tachometer for PC from SimRacingHardware.com

Prizes to be awarded via random drawing among all participants
    x2 USB Tachometers for PC from SimRacingHardware.com

Competition Terms:
    Competition begins on 27 February 2015 and ends 31 March 2015

Prizes are available to participants worldwide. Winners will be notified by mail 7-10 days after the competition ends. Lap times are subject to review by RaceRoom staff. Players must record a lap to be eligible for the prize drawing. This event is available in Get Real game mode only. Good luck!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    very good !!!
    thank's team Sector3 :)

3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Finally something worth to participate. My bigest problem with the competitions, that only the fastest drivers are awarded. I know that sounds stupid, but as it seems for me, always the same 20-25 ppl fighting the for prices. Yes they are awsome, they are great, no doubt about that, but there is no motivation for the rest of us, since it seems there is no way to catch those guys because of different reasons (not enough time, not enough talent, much weaker hardware, etc...). I really would like to see more copmetitions, with additional prices for - let me say - the first 100-150. I'm not talking about 150 fanatec racing wheels, but some vrp-s, liveries, cups, posters, t-shirts, mouse pads...whatever. Also like this random drawing idea, you could even combine the 2 things, so ppl will not just run a valid lap which is 30 second weaker than the winning lap. For example 1 price for the winner, 1 random drawing between 2-20 places, and 1 random drawing between 21-100...

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agree that a random draw element is a good thing as it does seem to be the same names dominating the leaderboards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I also agree, that this radom draw is a great move! I will never get somewhere near the top positions... so, my motivation for the challenges is only to be faster than my friends.:)

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Spin: random drawn guys already won something in the past.

I just hope randomed guys didn't win anything in the past.

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What I find a bit delicate about is that probably only those win "sophisticated hardware" who already own it - which brought them into the position of being truely competitive in the first place...:)
    I heavily doubt that someone with a standard Wheel (like DFP or Momo/similar Thrustmaster/ NOT G27) ever reached Top 3 in a competition, where`s something valueable to gain.Talking about Get Real Mode only of course.
    Exception might be that handful of supertalented (young) Aliens that is always around (as the average percentage of all participants).....so I personally don't care for such competitions (find endless hotlapping boring - did I say that before ? :D).
    Guess the competitions are sponsor related anyway - part of the deal S3 made with them....
    I´m really looking forward for the time when real Online Race Events are about to start and where you have to put anything in what you`ve learned about racing and simracing: skill,endurance, material saving drivingstyle, tyre management,strategy, full flag rules, pit stops, penalties, dogfights door to door - all of that.
    Thats why I´m simracing...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  8. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

This was one of the reasons why we wanted to make 2 of the 3 prizes randomly awarded so everyone had a good chance, not just the super fast few :) You don't have to be quick, just a clean lap and you're in. I hope everyone enjoys it, as its really about having some fun and a chance to maybe win a neat prize if your lucky ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. WSGT2

WSGT2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Great idea to randomly draw two prizes. Its seems common sense to me. We are not all Sim Racing aliens, and I really doubt that a high-quality steering wheel or pedals would bring us any closer to becoming one. In the end of the day, it's all about fun, and the fact that a lesser God can also win a price, makes it only better.

What always puzzles me, is the drive behind posts like the one you just made. ( Don't get me wrong, its not a personal attack) You state you don't like hotlapping, and that its boring, and that in your personal opinion you don't care about randomly drawn prizes because they are just there as a sponsorship deal. . Yet... You read this forum topic, and even post in it. Usually, when I am not interesting in something or it bores me, I would not bother reading, let alone writing about it. (Just my two cents)

That said. The Circuit Zolder / Mercedes combo is huge fun. I won't win it, but I will have a blast getting as high in the leaderboard as I possibly can. Like I said, good fun, and the fact that you can win a prize only makes it better.

PS: Should I win an SRH Tacho, I will instantly do a random draw amongst the R3E forum members, because I already own a unit. The Tach won't make you faster, but its ow so cool! and most of us are suckers for "Cool" :) ( that said, the adjustable shift indicator might make you faster, when used correctly)

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You would be surprised. I genuinely don't think there is a correlation between pace and money spent on sim-racing hardware. Some guys are exceptionally fast with a pad or an entry-level wheel like a DFGT. Expensive sim gear certainly adds to the enjoyment and immersion but I'm not convinced it makes everyone faster.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    We sell all manner of equipment (more than you see on our website), but ultimately, whilst some items can give you a SMALL edge in speed, most items simply add to immersion or realism and a 'fun factor'. Some race teams gain extra from the hardware in terms of realism and data acquisition and testing beyond the usual track recon and learning. But the fastest guy I know uses a DFGT and drives off his dining table......... Some people are sim RACERS others are sim DRIVERS and a lot of our clients are real world racers, each wants / expects a different thing from hardware. For me, the simple thing is did it make you smile when you used our hardware..... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    why only Hotlap Competitions ?
    10 or 20 clear rounds and from this the average lap time with damage for the car.
    And everyone has to drive carefully

• Like Like x 4
  13. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Partialy agree, but beleive me it really matter how many FPS do you have, with 20 fps, you not gonna be able to be that precise. And the most important thing imo are the pedals. For example Fanatec Clubsport is a huge difference compared to DFGT or even T500 pedals. Evryone i've been talk to agreed that they laptimes improved significaly when they switched to loadcell pedals. I'm not telling, that it is impossible to do decent laps with cheaper hardware, but imo most of the time it is much harder.

14. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I quite like that idea, but I am not sure how easy it would be to implement... It also limits the number of laps. Maybe a cooler way would be to make an average taken from your WORST and BEST lap that way you can do as many as you like, but it would make people careful ;) I'm not sure how 'do-able' it would be for something in the future as this is just brainstorming :)

15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Its not about envy, if you want to suggest that. If you followed my posts so far you may find that I like to provoke a bit to push some discussion and conversation here and there, but my main intentions are community-related, means I have fun when everybody else has fun (no matter how good and ambitioned he/she is). Beneath that, my statement you quoted is just a realistic assessment from my personal point of view and personal abillities and motivation. I like to participate at Leaderboards and Competitions : In reality I do it for one serious attempt to see where I`m at (mostly around Top 100 in Get Real Mode) BUT then I leave it at that, cause I know a week, a month or half a year later I`m faster anyway, so I see no need to rush things...:) and btw. would cost me a lot of time & effort to even compete with younger, better equiped drivers than me (and it would bore me to death to drive endless hotlaps with a gain of few millisecs each run) - such things kill my enthusiasm, wearing out the pure fun racing brings (FOR ME) because of the mere fact that in reality real drivers always have just a certain timeframe to get adapted, specifications also change each season in many series, so one MAIN FACTOR of real motorsports is that which remains unpredictable and which you never get full control over and depends on your personal abillity to get quickly adapted to surprises like that.
    I will preserve that "edge" in Simracing as well - as long as possible - instead of becoming "robotic" and bored..
    Its a personal preference that , I assume, I share with many other drivers as well (specially those older ones who are not that testosterone-driven anymore like younger ones :) )....so its more about giving feedback by stating that not all folks following the same motivation regarding Hotlap Competitions or Simracing in general - .
    Not for to critizise those Competitions while I´m sure S3 does anything to make them fair and challenging.
    Anyway, you can hotlap and win prizes as much as you like to - I always wish good luck

:smiley:Just found it in my mailbox
    :http://www.dtm.com/en/News/2015-DTM-Spring-Cup.html
    Well, I doubt I have a chance to reach the finals, BUT THAT is something worth to give it a try ....

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Quote Fairman: "Hopefully I get a new wheel tomorrow. My old Momo (after various repairs and changing parts) seems to be definetely worn out, lacking precision and response (FFB) cause no matter what I do to advance, Im not going much faster (and I know there`s room enough)."
    Well :)....my thesis about having an advantage with sophisticated hardware was not that far fetched but also a bit biased (unknowingly) cause after eight years racing the old Momo I got me a DFGT (due to budget limitations cause I mainly invest in instruments /hard`n software for my music ) and :rolleyes:...yeah even with that the difference is remarkable. Not only great to have real adjustable 270°/540°+ steering ratio now, the overall car behaviour (braking, accelerating, general handling) has definitely improved in all areas.
    Only thing I stumble upon : It will take some time to get fully adapted - bit like starting all over :oops: again....
    But so far the Driving Force GT (some improvements to the old Momo, more compact, a load of buttons to assign,better attachment) seems to be the best choice in this category as long as you handle it with care (still plastic)...don`t know if there are any improvements compared to the Driving Force Pro....(which cost around 30 bucks less that time - might be a smart move to gather PC and PS customers under one product - as Playstation stuff is always more expensive so that they can re- finance their price dumping with the console itself...*my guess*)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  17. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the GT is way better than the pro.

18. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    felt like I did a decent lap.... 5.8 seconds off the lead....I am just floored at that difference. I always expect to be 2-3 seconds off the pace. BUT wow

19. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :) Just gave it a try (totally forgot to floor it after all :) ) and .....well 136.63 (with about half a sec possible gain atm, but couldn`t manage to keep it to the finish line). It slowly goes better and better with my new wheel...yeah, 1.33mins at the top is damn fast...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Managed a 1m 35.955s for 140th position.

Good god how can one managed to do below 1:33 is pretty crazy. I know i could cut a little bit more time here and there on my lap but would never to get close to 1:32 :confused: