Problem Getting "No Response From The Sever" in many servers.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wacha, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. I'm having a problem since the last week or so. About half of the servers keep showing me a "No response from the server" error when I try to connect. I signed up for a race in a forum and everyone can enter except me. I can set up my own server and race in it, but a lot of the public servers won't let me join. As far as I can recall, this had been a marginal issue in the past, at least for me, but it is happening all the time now.

I have checked all firewall permissions and even disabled the antivirus altogether (Avast) to no avail. Is someone else having this issue? Is there some log or something I can post to make matters easier?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Wacha,

Can you try again and let me know?

We had some firewall issues on our non European servers but it should all be solved now.

3. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sonat. Thanks for the reply. I still can't access the private server I signed for, but to rule out any possible mistakes by the organisers (though the other participants I've asked have no issue), I've been trying the official RR severs. Haven't tried them all but I hope it's enough:

No Response:
    [RR] #40 (5 people inside while attempting to join)
    [RR] #26 (1 person inside)
    [RR] #27 (1 person inside)
    [RR] #28
    [RR] #29
    [RR] #30
    [RR] #31

The last 4 servers were empty.

Working fine:

[RR] #35
    [RR] Nurburgring 24h
    [RR] DTM 2015
    [RR] #62

Those are the ones I have tried. If you need me to try all of them, just say the word.

4. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Ok your issue is different than the ones we had due to firewalls on server side. Especially since you confirm there were others on the server.

Can you please reproduce the issue again on a newly launched game and once you trigger the No Response error, close the game and send me the newest game and mwtransport logs found in your R3E user folder. (Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log).

5. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi again. I did as you said. I tried to join server number 40 again and as soon as it gave me the error I quit the game. Here are the requested files.

Attached Files:

6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.

In the log it has a false error which I've seen on some occasions before.

It throws an error stating you failed to join because you can only join during practice and qualify sessions. This is of course false if you are seeing the server is in practice and empty.

Problem is I don't see anything from your IP on the server which means server doesn't receive your request at all.

If it's not too much trouble can you add me on Steam for a realtime chat so I can monitor server side live while you try?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sector3_Sonti

7. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sonat, I've just sent you the friendship petition. Thanks a lot for the effort.

8. Duck

Duck New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sonat! I've got the same problem. I can't join any server and getting "no response from server". My firewall and antivirus are switched off.

Sendind you my log files.

Attached Files:

9. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Duck. Let's hope that with both of our data this issue gets resolved. I haven't written anymore posts as I was giving Sonat and the team time to deal with it, buy I still get the message.

10. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news on the matter? It's impossible to play online. Thanks in advance.

11. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have finally been able to solve my issues with not getting response from the server after the latest update. It was already better after simply updating, about 50% of the servers worked straight away, but the issue still persisted. So I went and performed a clean installation along with some other things. As I don't know which one solved it for me I will list them:

- Deleted local content using Steam.
    - Deleted the remaining folder called raceroom racing experience.
    - Deleted all configuration files from My Documents.
    - Deleted all inbound and outbound rules from Windows Firewall that referenced the game.
    - Uninstalled the dedicated server tool and its firewall rules.
    - Reset my router settings to default, eliminating the forwarded ports for server hosting.
    - Performed a clean installation using the Steam client.

Now it's back to normal, at last. Note that these didn't work before the latest patch, so there had to be some issue with the previous update, or some configuration not working properly with that version of the game. I hope this helps in the future if someone has the same problem.