Giving F1 2020 a go

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by heppsan, Feb 4, 2021.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have VR experience with vorpX? I saw a video from Jimmer about a half a year ago and the experience wasn't that great at the time according to him.

3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I've actually never tried vorpx.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I am curious - does this game implement Safety Car phase/flag rules? How is the damage? Is pitting real or AI takes over? What about after race finish - can you return to the pits? Are flat spots simulated? Thanks :)

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Hehehe, sorry I've only done this quick race, but would be surprised if all that is in.
    I did crash and actually thought I've seen pretty nice looking damage in this on videos, but seemed pretty simplistic..
    Not sure if it is just those old formula cars, or if it's F1 2019 I've seen nice crashes from?..

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think damage is pretty ok, or at least not worse than other racing games. But not too spectacular either.

SC and flag rules are also there

But pitstops are pretty lame, it's semi-automatic (I think your only job is to hold the clutch while standing still)

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    hehe, I am not so much into how cool crashes look :) I just like the tension that driving realistically fragile vehicle adds. Nothing ruins immersion more than cars that survive 200km/h crashes, sounds like F1 2020 isn't like that.

I am especially interested in how CM F1 series are after my recent discovery of DR2, which was a positive surprise. Every feature, rule, setting, game mode I can wish for in a rally game is there. Polished, and does not need hardware that does not yet exist to run well.

Hope to hear more of your impressions about F1 2020 if you keep playing it :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    ack pit stops, that's pretty bad :) Oh well, can't have it all.
    That said they added things to DR2 that were missing in earlier games, for example I can control car after finish line, damage is also improved, so they are definitely not sleeping doing nothing.

9. jepeto

jepeto New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I prefer the 80's of formula one