Gloves While Simming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by big metal fan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I bought a pair of motorcycle gloves from amazon, the we're in the 15-20 area. They are light and have fine grip, I like them, I have a fanatec csw2 and the bmw wheel, as well as an accuforce, so I want to keep them looking decent thru the years...
    Ymmv

2. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    For those saying to 'man up' you are missing out (or you have a wimpy wheel). Gloves increase immersion and prolongs the life of your alcantara.

My guests use Mechanix style work gloves, while I use my track (gauntlet style) Alpinestars gloves. The work gloves are beginning to shred in between the thumb webbing, so I'll prob pick up another cheap set of Mechanix gloves.

If you want to buy something nice, the suggestion for karting gloves is a good one, as they tend to be lighter and cheaper than the regular gloves due to not needing the same fire proofing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Something to consider, some people have big hands, I am a 2x, some gloves do not come in that size, or they fit too tight. The mechanic gloves do tend to bind in between the fingers and sometimes the fingers are too tight. Something that stretches is a better option.
    Things to consider...

Rich

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have cheap bike gloves from the warewhare, light cheap and fit my grotesquely large hands.

5. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    bicycle or motorbike? I used to have a couple pair of bicycle gloves, but they typically do not have the fingers, I'm not sure whether that would or should be a consideration though.
    I am curious though, I know I am not the largest hands around, but I do not run into people everyday that dwarf my own hands.... how big are your hands :)

6. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    bike. mate everything about me is big i cant even find shoes at the warewhare these days. how big um these gloves are kinda one size fits all with a stretchy synthetic back so i don't recall have a size number.
    http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Diamondback-Adults'-Bike-Gloves?SKU=1964110 (mine are plain black)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  7. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm not trying to trip out on shrooms and channel Mario Andretti or anything (wait, that sounds awesome, doesn't it? :cool: ). No, I, like others here, actually find functional benefit from gloves. I use a G27, so it isn't because I don't want to mess up my alcontra. It has this fake leather surface on it, which I've found my real leather motorcycle gloves grip very well. My bare hands don't grip it as well, and when they get sweaty, or especially in the winter, when I'm wearing hand lotion, long sessions are difficult.

I think I'm going with some lower end karting gloves. Thanks for the inputs from everyone. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I use Go-Gear karting gloves which are great in winter, helps keep the pinkies warm and the oil & sweat out of the alcantera leather, but summer is a different story, I actually have 2 pairs of gloves because they end up soaked in sweat after racing hard, another reason for using kart gloves, their machine washable. Ive tried many gloves over the years but found the kart gloves are the best value for money IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  9. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Go Kart Racing Suits, Boots, Glove & Accessories Quality & Affordable
    I have been using these guys for many years. Cheap as, great quality, many sizes, fast delivery. They even threw in a free stubby holder and stickers for my last order.
    I have their boots and Gloves.
    @shardshunt , @richlevy2003 If your hands and feet are bigger than mine, then i feel sorry for you both.:eek: their sizing is generous. I have never met anyone with hands as big as mine. XXL gloves fit fine. their shoes can be a little on the narrow side but you can stretch the suede.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    my feet are exessive considering they havent even reached there bigest yet. whats the age you stop growing... 21,22? anyway i have a few years to surpase size 14 and be forced to visit specialty stores. (14 is the largest size available at the warewhare)

im not even that tall, id make a great hobbit if i was a bit more hairy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    25 for males, so ya still got a bit to go :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    @matteman thanks for the link mate, Ive bookmarked the site, at those prices why wouldn't you :)

Cheers

13. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    As always your sense of humor makes me laugh. Cheers :D
    You might want to look at these wrestling shoes for sim racing. Asics Australia also make big sports shoes if your interested.
    Some styles go up to size 17.

ASICS Australia | Homepage
    Wrestling/Martial Arts | ASICS Mens & Womens Shoes | Stringers Online Sports Store Australia

14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i would but im a poor F**** so i only shop at the warewhare. no point buying nice shoes when ur going to out grow them in half a year anyway. I must admit going to kmart (sacrilege in nz) to buy 10 buck size 15's

15. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The upcoming Bentley might warrant something like this :):

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I use my motorcycle gloves , not necessity , I have a g27 , just because I like, by immersion , also sometimes wear sunglasses on cloudy days , also because I like , but not by immersion;)

17. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I only do that when I have a hangover...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Actually it's much older than 25. The mid section never stops, as in my case !!!!

19. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I have some Sparco gloves from the days where I still had a go kart, and went go karting all weekend, every weekend :p

They're really comfortable, I don't think they're that expensive. (I think I got them for 15 euros at the gokarting store)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    You sure that's not due to all the good food & beers, lol. I don't drink beer and still have a flat belly @ 55, Im a Jack Daniels fan :)

Cheers