Gr.5 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by django18, Apr 2, 2015.

1. django18

django18 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who hasn't tried the Group 5 cars since the update, I urge you: DO IT!
    Seriously, not that those cars were not a blast to drive before, but now they feel like absolute monsters. Catching a snap oversteer on corner exit when the turbo is about to kick in makes me feel like a hero who has tamed a wild animal which was about to kill him. Coupled with the awesome sounds, great sense of speed and the FFB the whole experience (no pun intended ;)) is nothing short of mesmerizing.
    If the upcoming Gr.5 cars are anything like this, we are all in for a treat:) (pls S3, I want them NOW :)))
    Once again, hats off to you S3!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I've had a few discussions with some other fellow sim racers and even tho I like the new updated physic a lot for the G5 group, I've to say that they were more FEROCIOUS in the previous build. They still are monsters but a bit too much tamed. I think that kick ass turbo was the beauty of this class.
    If they can find an half-way point between the sudden turbo-jerk of the old ones and this, it'd be the absolute perfection,

3. django18

django18 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I drove the G5 cars before the physics update alot and in my opinion they got a tiny bit more wild. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying them even more. Maybe it's the new FFB settings, might have to test some more. Anyways, can't wait for the new G5 cars to be unlocked!

4. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I find the Gr5 cars to be a bit more "squirelly" (especially the BMW). I think I liked them better before but perhaps I was just used to them. Gotta learn them over again.

And, yeah, release the new Gr5 cars now, please. I beg you!

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I tried the BMW the other day, haven't tried the Capri yet.
    From what I can recall, I feel that they are a bit tamer just when you press down the throttle.
    But then the Turbo kicks in, and snap that ass right out!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I did some online racing in the capri yesterday and it was a blast with the rear end suddenly kicking out when exiting a corner.
    It's not hard to see why they allow TC for these cars but i'll definitely never use it. It's like GPL, steer with the throttle and help a bit with the steering wheel!:D
    I can't wait for the rest of these insane cars!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    had these cars TC in real life?

8. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    They did't, but in r3e you can change the TC steps in the setup.

9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    this is really not good in "get real" mode

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I think 'get real' should only permit aids used on the real cars. No driving aids on the car? ....none in game.

Edit - I would exclude enforcing real transmission method though. Not everyone has a clutch and H-shifter.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Definitely agree here, i've never noticed TC is available in Gr5 cars but found it from M1 Procar. There is no excuse to have aids those cars in "get real" mode.

• Agree Agree x 4