GRAPHIC UPDATES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Jul 24, 2021.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    That's just like, your opinion, man... but I don't see how any of that is relevant for the point I was trying to make. The issues with ACC optimization are related with Unreal Engine 4 and if Sector 3 moved Raceroom to that engine (as they were thinking about doing a few years ago) then they would face the same problems.

• Like Like x 2
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The game does have time progression for quite some time now.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Whether fair or not, this is the reality of videogames. Some content/types of content inevitably see more playtime than some others. For story-driven games, less than half of players, on average, complete the storyline. For choice-driven games with multiple endings, only a small fraction of players replay them to see all the endings. On Steam, less than half of purchased games ever get downloaded at all.

Some content is simply expected to be there to increase the perceived value of the game; without it the game would feel inferior to its competition.

Anyway, I think night/rain in racing sims is like spices. It makes your food rich but you don't put it in the same amount as regular ingredients. Until recent history spices were also pretty expensive but people were buying them anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Only with with Steam regional prices. In USD/Euro regions AMS2 + season pass costs more than R3E's premuim pack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's better than Raceroom in that regard for sure but "hyper realistic graphics"? Lol. No. Variable weather as in sometimes gets a bit cloudy..... Hmmm.

6. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm talking about hyper realistic graphics for general lighting, very very real and made perfect, and the weather conditions are variable, with shifting of the sun, wind, humidity, and many other doctors, only the rain is missing, not let's joke thanks

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I said they are small and not independent, meaning their owner decides where they can invest and the investment for a new gfx engine is substantial. Reiza is independent went the crowd funding route multiple times, I happily backed AMS2, too. Unfortunately I personally did not end up enjoying driving in it as much as I did in AMS1, but it was a good move on licensing an engine that rendered racing games nicely and they did a good job improving upon that.

@Germano Cervini imo it's strange that you make a case for gfx improvements, just to heavily criticize those who mention titles that did improve on that front.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  8. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    LOL what?

9. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Night and rain are massivly overrated. Do a test by yourself, fire up AMS2 and start 2 server. Set one with GT3 cars in Spa or Monza in perfect conditions, and set server #2 to heavy rainstorm in the night. And see for yourself what will happen. That whole rain and night thing is absolutly bullshit when not racing 4 or 6+ hour races. It makes absolutly no sense to drive 10 minutes with 20x time progression just to have 3 different wheater conditions and a nice sunset during your race. makes absolutly no sense to me. As said before, perfect grafics are just nice to have. Much more important are the physics, FFB, sound and so on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    For me, the priority is optimization, not graphics. But one does not interfere with the other.

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes if you can get a 3080ti or 3090. With RaceRoom I can have almost all settings set to the max and still get 60fps in 7800*1440. If they gonna upgrade the engine I definitely will need a 30xx card. But as we know the price is not from this world atm. So for me they may keep the GFX as it is atm for a while. Other racegames will not let me race in 1440p. Simply because of the high fidelity GFX.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have an ACC server: when the weather is set to rain, people run for the hills. Yes, it's a realistic but ultimately overrated and overstated request from players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with you Bull Shark, I have a 1660 Super card and my 35" 3440x1440 100htz gets 100 fps with almost everything on high. Besides I think Raceroom looks the most realistic in graphics, colors and shading then any other sim. I would be worried if they updated the graphics. My opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I agree with this, I haven't played AMS2 but looking at screenshots and videos the graphics make the cars appear not quite solid, the light doesn't bounce off them enough and the liveries look a bit muted and not quite authentic. Everything looks a bit soft and dark to me (some of which I'm sure can be adjusted in game). Raceroom on the other hand with the harder shadows beneath the cars/ off wing mirrors etc and highlights reflecting off gleaming car bodies/paint is much more satisfying.

The graphics in Raceroom do look a bit dated and when I try to get someone interested in the game I find myself prefacing it with, "try to look past the graphics..."

I still think the graphics engine could be updated and still wind up looking worse. I wonder if dated graphics make acquiring brand licensing any harder...? Do Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin care, or as long as they get paid they don't mind...?

• Like Like x 1
  15. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I think one thing has to be taken into account when it comes to raceroom owners.
    They rely on esports and events as an income source, possibly bigger income than a small playerbase can give.

That might be good enough reason to update GFX. If there's no one that wants to organize event with raceroom due to dated graphics.

16. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What are you talking about? Have you seen iRacing???

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    what is the point of having new graphics engine if the performance is crap. Raceroom looks crystal clear and performs well. The Devs can still do a little bit of work to improve or revamp the current graphics. For example, Bathurst need trees update (real Aussie trees), and a little bit better background. Not necessary, just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Braeden Parrott

Braeden Parrott New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    RF2 did the update ages ago, and it's all running on DX11. They've added new shaders (PBR) later and that's what they're updating currently. Honestly, just hire Ilja Jusupov and pay him whatever he wants. Between him and the Sol guy, they've basically single-handedly turned assetto corsa into having amazing graphics and weather and just keep going. You don't need a whole team of programmers.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. Ziggi di Zimt

Ziggi di Zimt Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Look here Raceroom in UE4

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    good morning, I do not understand the meaning of this video, we are talking about: "graphics update" of the Raceroom for PC ", what is this?