Bug Graphical issues with enabled triple screen support

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kollo, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Distant parts of the tracks are not visible or only in extremely low quality. Best to be seen on Nordschleife: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgBTjLNh9YH2l2-NrIzZUA5AgRns

But it happens on other tracks too. This error is always present. No matter what graphical setting i apply or if i choose 32 or 64 bit version.

Furthermore i often have crashes after loading a track after changing the video quality settings.

Current driver version is 17.11.1

2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Changed Prefix to "Bug" that is certinly is :(

Could it be that RRRE cannot handle AMD Vega yet?

3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Changed title. I found out that the problem depends on whether triple screen support is active or not.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Same here on Nvidia and tripple screen.

I suspect that when the single wide frustum is used, that depending on the math things are too aggressively culled. Recently ran into a bug myself and can recommend using a technique called clip codes or clip bits for robust frustum culling.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I made a short video that shows the graphical issues with enabled triple screen support on Nordschleife. I hope this problem will be fixed soon and not forgotten.

Best viewed on triple screens:

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried adding a 1 at the end of your start up arguments? This enables a more lenient culling.

7. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes i did. But it changed nothing. Even the performance was the same as before.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the screenshots, I don't think anything is missing regarding the landscape, but the horizon of the skybox seems to be too high instead when using a Triple Screen setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I would say that parts of the background or textures are missing but i am not sure. I also noticed that the outside mirrors sometimes have errors too but on different tracks. Maybe i'll make another video about this issue.

10. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Indeed looks like sky is too high. I also have issues with particles floating too high. Haven't played with the vertical up/down offset. What is your B value?

Could it be some effects work in a different coordinate system that doesn't take the pitch into account?

11. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    My B value is 0.

The mirror problem seems to be related to the sky too. The sky looks like a sphere on a black background in the mirrors.

12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I have just added a video with graphical issues on Nürburging. Watch the rear mirrors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, so noone else has graphical issues with triple screen support except for those who replied to this thread? If this problem is rare there should be a solution.

Would be nice if some people who doesn't have issues would tell us what graphic card and driver version they are using.

14. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Triples here , no issues..gtx770 (in sli..yes I know it' not supported here).. latest nvidia driver.
    I7 4000k with 12gb ddr
    With ssd
    Benq monitors running at 60 Hz (capable of 144)
    Med to low graphics settings...if I got much higher I get microstutter when the frames drop below 50

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
  16. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
  17. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I can: -triScr 65 0 59.5 33.5 0 59.5 33.5 0 40 59.5 33.5 0 40

18. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Try adding a 1 for your bezel widths and disabling shadows. I assume you have a fairly good graphics card to run triples with shadows... framerates ok ?

If it's nvidia get the latest driver , made a dfference for my although my driver was a year and a half old

19. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I am using balanced settings between medium and high and have constant 72FPS which is optimum for my Freesync Monitors. I doubt that bezel setting will change anything, but I'll give it a try. I am already using a bezel corrected resolution and that is the reason i don't need to add a bezel width value. But I'll try it with "native" triple screen resolution of 5760x1080 too.

20. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the suggested changes didn't change anything (as i actually expected) :(

• Funny Funny x 1