Graphics performance issues on some tracks [SOLVED!]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fdeutsch, Dec 6, 2017.

1. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After testing R3E for a while I decided to buy the European track pack. While testing SPA I got very worried as I have very bad FSP on many sections of the track. This did not happen with the OTB tracks. I initially though it had to do with my hardware and start to tweak my settings, only to realize two hours later the real problem is the SPA track itself.

Besides SPA and the Moscow Raceway, the rest of the tracks experience good FSP performance. Its a shame as SPA is probably an all favorite to everyone. Does anyone else has the same situation with these tracks or other tracks? I would be interested to know if some tracks that I still do not have may suffer from the same issue like SPA.

Hardware Specs: i5 2500k @ 4.0Ghz - GTX770 2GB - 16GB RAM - SSD 599GB - Logitech G27 - Windows 10

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I have the same problems mainly on Spa. After the lastest update my performance is pretty bad. Between T10 and T12 it is really terrible. The problem are the fps up and downs but it does no matter how many fps I have when they go down or up like 1 or 2 fps, it's like slow motion.

It's a bit wierd now with 64bit I have so much more fps but this annoying problem.

I tried a lot and found a solution for me. I enabled v-sync and adjusted my graphics settings so that I have a constant 60fps. Now everything is smooth.

Maybe this will help you too.

Seb

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, very informative. Can you share some of the settings you set on R3E? even with low settings I do not have constant FSP. I am new to R3E, did you have this issue on SPA before the latest update or is something that have been all the time with this track?

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I had an i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz , 8 GB and a GTX 660, so similar CPU at lower speed and slightly inferior GPU, until two weeks ago. That was before the update, obviously, and Spa and Moscow were completely in line with the fluid frames I got an all tracks in general, with full car grids of 24-28. I used windows 7 Pro (x64), however.

Thus your problem I assume to most likely be linked to either the Windows version, or the update. Since many people report frame issues with the new update, namely the 64 Bit exe, but not exclusively only 64 Bit, its probably an issue with the code, not your rig.

Give them time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cedric G.

Cedric G. Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    same for me, but also before the update, Spa is very demanding. I always have stutters on this track at the start of the race.

6. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I had no problems before the update on Spa. Like Skybird says, hopefully an issue with the code.
    I ran with medium settings before and now with custom low settings, but I have no problem with them, its looking good enough for me. The main reason why I play raceroom is because the awesome driving physics and sound.

Try my video settings, maybe it helps. I am driving only in cockpit view.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Same problem in Spa here, since the latest update the fps go down at specific track positions.
    I.e. on the Nordschleife-Nordschleife everything is perfect (absolutely no stutter), but the Nordschleife-VLN and Nordschleife-24h are not drivable when passing Bergwerk... and it appears always at the same positions (6 or 7 in sector 2 and 3) of the lap.
    I was running custom medium / high settings before the update without any problems on any track, but now I can even use the lowest settings and the fps stutter is still there...

I think it's a coding problem on specific tracks...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After a little bit of testing the stutter is depending on the car class... My setting are custom somewhere between Medium and High.

Driving the leaderboard challenge with the 650s --> Heavy stuttering on VLN and 24h version, but perfect on the "normal" Nordschleife. Driving the leaderboard challenge with the M235i --> No stuttering at all on all three versions, absolutely perfect.
    So I think it's sth. is wrong with the "new" GT3R class and only in combination with some specific track situations, on the VLN and 24h Nordschleife 6 or 7 positions in the last two sectors. I don't think it depends on the number of cars, because leaderboard challenge means driving solo... ;)

I try to test it later on with an old GT3R car, the SLS or the Z4...

So long, just my two cents... still waiting for the 911 CUP... :(

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is it with or without AI/other Cars? Are you driving in 32 or 64bit?
    Somehow it indicates something like an issue in memory-handling as the GTR3-Cars has a lot of car-models that might be loaded in memory, while the M235i is a single-car-class...

10. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I can not confirm, I have stuttering with the M235i on Spa but i.e not on Hockenheimring.

11. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It is without other cars in "Leaderboard Challenge Mode" and I'm using 64bit.

I ran some further tests:
    Nordschleife 24h is stuttering heavily from Bergwerk to Döttinger Höhe in every 2nd corner (feels like 20 fps for a second or two)
    Nordschleife VLN only stutters one time just before Karussell
    Nordschleife "normal" doesn't stutter at all

I tested with the 650S, the SLS, the M235i and the TT VLN, each with high and low video settings. Same amount of stuttering in all scenarios... Nordschleife 24h is the worst, perhaps someone can check it with another PC?

I haven't tried Nordschleife-Touristenfahrt so far... try to test some more tracks this evening...

So long, still waiting for the 911 CUP... :( (love this girl in iRacing :rolleyes:)

12. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Same problems here.

Ran Gt3 with 45 AI on Nurburgring GP and everything is fine.
    Went to an online game with 5 (or 6 ?) oponents on Nordschleife. Qualy was ok. Race showed heavy stuttering.

No change of graphic settings in between.

Suspected some Windows Update in the background and checked that. There was no Update runinng, but Taskmanager showed that GPU was runinng at 99% performance

13. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ... so i guess its an graphics issue !

14. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After testing a little bit with 36 cars on Spa here is my result:

Spa is stuttering as long as "shadows" are set to something else then OFF. "Car shadows" and "shadow split" doesen't cause any stuttering for me. Even when "shadows" is set to the lowest setting, the nightmare on Spa and Nordschleife 24h begins...:confused:

My settings are on "High" now with disabled shadows but enabled car shadows. Before the latest update this wasn't actually a problem...o_O

15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Had big stuttering on Norisring

16. rockyv

rockyv New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    "Had"? What did you do to stop it?

17. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. As soon I reach home will try disabling track shadows and only leave generated car ones

18. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    SPA and NOS bad Performance

19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Nothing. I guess it is still so. I had them on my last race there.
    (Raced first time on Norisring)

Schleife runs with stutters too, here. (VR)

20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    have you guys FXAA active in Video-Settings? If yes, can you try to deactivate it and check again?