Question Group5 cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Vox, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Vox

Vox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one struggling to drive with the group 5 cars after the new update?

I find the gears super short, and losing controll of the car even on a straight line doing 150km/h from shifting 4th to 5th gear. I tried the default settings and customising them and the car still acts weird compared to reality.
    Here's a video of the legend Klaus Ludwig on a 935 K3 sending it in the Nurburgring in 2010:

And one from Leh Keen aswell in 2015:

I believe with a proper racing simulator system with a steering and pedals you should be able to play with the group5 cars very well, but on a controller with lower sensibility on steering and accelerator? ...

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind that in those videos they use modern tyres which are day and night compared to those used almost 50 years ago. (also driven, according to you, by a legend) I only tried Greenwood Corvette and i agree, it is a handful, but perfectly managable (i use t300 wheel). I case of my car, id recommend stiffer arb and front spring, if its too much to handle, but it all comes down to practice, practice, practice. Grabbing a wheel or enabling artificial assists are viable suggestions as well

here's stream from yesterdays trt event using those cars (dont mind terrible start :p)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. Vox

Vox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just saw that they drastically changed the tire pressure and the gear ratios for some reason, and that's what made it spun so easily, but still.. I'm in 4th gear and doing a little curve and the car starts sliding in a way that even counter steering and leting off the gas won't stop me from crashing.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Let of the gas or atleast slightly lift off before you start spinning. Practice car behaviour, you will get used to it. Watch out for bumps and jumps

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I had the same reaction as you after the first update. The second update helped a little but the trick with these cars is to anticipate.Lift off or brake slightly when the engine noise indicates traction is going to break and raise the gear ratios or short shift. It is the same with pedals, pad or keyboard so you have to adapt your driving style.