GT legends revival question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BillyLee52, Jul 10, 2019.

1. BillyLee52

BillyLee52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can I still get a steam code if I have a physical copy of gt legends. I have the starforce code, manual, box, and 3 disks. I guess they offered this option a few years ago. Thanks.

I used the GTR 2 code today, via steam and it worked, but the gt legends starforce code is a no go.

2. BillyLee52

BillyLee52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also purchased a decent amount of Raceroom content yesterday, so I don't think I'm asking too much of a favor.

3. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    As with GTR2, to get a free steam copy you need the online code. The starforce code is not unique. In the UK the online code was on the back of the manual but in the UK we only had DVDs. If you have 3 CDs I guess this is the US version. The US publisher was rather hit and miss with the online codes.

4. BillyLee52

BillyLee52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know there was some sort of deal a few years back where this was an option. The link is now dead. Is this offer still an option for U.S. owners?

I guess if you took a photo (email) of the 3 disks, manual, and starforce code, simbin would send back a code to use via steam. Just wanted to know if I can still do this, and who to contact if I can. Thanks.

5. BillyLee52

BillyLee52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I activated GTR2 today via steam, with the code on the cd case. I obviously bought the games many years ago. It's just a shame that GT legends is more of a hassle for U.S. owners.

6. BillyLee52

BillyLee52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess there are ways to remove starforce via other software, but I'm not sure if I want to take the risk. Starforce "forced" me to reinstall windows last year, when I tried to install gt legends from the cd's.

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1