Bug GT2 Porsche Activated Flatspot Code?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB Rodders, May 5, 2019.

1. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Raced with the GT2 a few nights ago. I drove the Porsche, BMW and Vette. Several other drove the Porsche too.

All cars were fine as was the Porsche until I had a lock up and immediately afterwards I started getting repeated small "clicks" in my FFB that got worse and worse the more I locked up. It eventually got to the point it was constant - like several "clicks" a second. FFB otherwise felt fine and car was controllable.

It didn't feel like flatspotting should - there was no regular pattern to it like a flatspot would feel and the effect was more like constantly driving over small stones scattered at different intervals. It was however clearly linked to locking up the wheels and got worse the more I locked up.

No one else felt the effect and I've only felt it on the GT2 Porsche (on any track in single or MP). I'm using an OSW and I've attached my controler config file but could not see anything in it that explained this.

Attached Files:

2. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm this also on a DD wheel, few laps and lock ups and the click is very noticeable so much so it makes it undriveable after a few laps, has some sort of flat spotting slipped in to that car and if so something is wrong with it, lovely car but not a choice at the moment due to the issue.

Another one of our guys felt it tonight on DD but it's 3 different DD wheels OSW, Accuforce and Podium so it isn't wheel specific but obviously felt more on DD.

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    That's correct. The flatspot variables for this car made it by mistake into the last update.
    It will be corrected in next week's update.

Hope this didn't cause too much trouble and that you managed to enjoy the added realism.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Thanks J-F, guessed as much, still had a blast though took the Corvette, what a motor ;-)