GT4 Central European Cup Race #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destin65, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I don't if any of you watched or kept up with the timing/scoring of the GT4 central European Cup Race #2 yesterday but I feel like the wrong car won the race and there was potentially a very big timing/scoring mistake made. I realize this is a minor league kind of race compared to the top level, but it's still got professional level drivers competing in the series.

To explain, #26 car was leading the race. During the pit window there was a crash that brought out the safety car. as #43 was nearing the end of its early pit stop just a few minutes into the pit window and was still in the pits when #26 and other cars in the lead pack took up their position behind the safety car. #43 was behind these cars and one full lap down.

A couple laps later during the SC period the lead pack of cars including #26 made their mandatory pits stops during the pit window. They then resumed to take up positions behind the SC on that same lap. Meanwhile, #43 is still a lap down.

Race resumes and #43 is now credited as being in 2nd place and when the accredited leader was given a drive-through penalty for safety car procedure violation. Then #43 is credited as being the leader from this point until the race ends.

#43 is declared the winner. But yet, never passed any of the cars that were on the lead lap. Could someone explain to me how #43 was able to be declared the winner when they should have been one lap down? I know if there is a red flag that the positions are frozen but during safety car period the timing/scoring still takes place. That was confirmed during the race as the official time of the race never stopped, timing and scoring of the cars on the track never stopped.

I just can't figure it out. Am I missing something??

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  3. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thank you! I somehow missed that!