Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Hello, so as I noticed (I know a littlebit late) Assetto Corsa Competizione will go in early access this summer.
    At first I was a shocked because I thought its GTR3 footage, but then I realized its coming from Assetto with the same idea for the Unreal engingen and same Race class.

How this will effect GTR3? And are we even near a early access with that game? Because I cant find any news for that. Its like they releasing the whole thing that Raceroom was about to do.
    I like Assetto but I love Raceroom. So thanks for any information. :) (sorry for bad english)

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Actually, as far as I know nobody really knows which class of cars GTR3 will contain.

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Three-wheelers, to save development time. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I get that, easier tyremodel ;D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 4
  6. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    min 0:31 :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    ?

10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    … mhhhhh ... oh wait I know that view in the darkness with wet asphalt, it's very similar to the GTR3 screenshot (which looks much more realistic) … nice copy Kunos Simulazioni!!! :mad::
    ACC.png
    [​IMG]
    … that really sucks in the sim racing world: Everybody tries to copy the other competitor … that's so damn unimaginative and pitiful!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you are absolutely correct. I agree that Kunos saw a teaser pic from 2016 and thought to themselves, "Gee, we should totally copy that and make a game that looks just like that 2-3 yrs from now!"

Definitely has nothing to do with trying to simulate reality and get the same sort of aesthetic that you would experience in real life. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Sure ... because that shot of eaurouge is not common at all ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even in 1958 they were already taking that shot !!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure?

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Those darn hipsters...

Taking shots of Eau Rouge before it was cool :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

Day and Night Cycle, sadly not showed in a fluid way, but it still looks awesome imo.
    Shows whats possible with UE4...

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, it definitely shows that using an advanced engine is not a guarantee against LOD and texture popping issues. And I'm not saying this to slag off Kunos, but I'm kinda underwhelmed by that vid.
    Sure, it says it's alpha, but still, if you want to show off your new project you'll pick the best footage at hand. And except for the lighting, which is nice, I see low res foliage and the aforementioned LOD/popping issues. I really would have expected much more from the first in-game vid I see of ACC.

Also, what's going on at 3:19? Some wild wheel movement and yet zero unsettling of the car...

Let's see what the future will bring.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Only thing that really bugs me with this videos is the engine sound.
    They are still using oscillated engine sounds instead of pure recorded sampled sounds.
    I mean oscillated engine sounds really don't sound very good and it is just so old school IMO.

Edit: And good graphic and F/X can't fix bad sound no matter how good it is, it's just immersion killing with bad sound. IMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, for other Project-Games it is good enough to release it... ;)
    But well, it's not very polished yet so I expect many changes and optimizations on that till release... and hey, they just announced an early access this summer - so time till 23rd September for that - and who knows when it will be released ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, yeah. I just learned about the early access thing, I thought they actually meant they will release a finished title when they said "ACC is coming this summer", how foolish of me in this day and age. ;)

Maybe I'm too harsh or I had my expectations set too high, but I was expecting to be astonished, at least. ^^ This however... is really nothing to write home about. Many little details that spoil it a bit for me (pay attention to the gantry when approaching Eau Rouge f.e., some weird blurring around it, or the tree shadows popping in at about 30 metres), but of course I won't pass a final verdict until I've had my hands on a somewhat finished version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but you are emotionally invested in the development of R3E Christian, so your opinion is obviously biased.:D

But on a more serious note, it definitely needs a lot of polishing, but yet it looks promising as far as I can tell from the videos. A laser scanned Hungaroring alone is a good reason for me to get it.