Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I was asked this before, twice already, and they said it in some video interview, and it also got confirmed in some written form somewhere. I did not log the explicit details of circumstances, but for reason's sake: take me by my word, it was said and written by team members, its not just a rumour, trust me. ACC has full VR functionality.

On another opportunity they also said that this time, different to AC, the ACC menus and every functionality it offers is designed to be compatible with VR, it was a priority of theirs. AC got VR later, originally AC was not planned to ever get VR, and the software was not fully compatible with imple,menting it afterwards, this is why you have the menues in AC being non-VR, while pit boxes and racing is. Had something to do with the kind of HTML coding- or somethign like that - they used for the game menu, if I remember correctly. ACC was designed from scratch on that all its pieces and items will be compatible with VR.

ACC has VR. Believe it, and be safe with it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Haha I believe you... :D

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Why so pendantic? :D

Didnt I say "most likely", didn't I say" probably"?

the point is that by all I have seen of ACC in videos now, it is lightyears ahead of AC - or RR, iR, rF2 etc etc - in graphics and environmental and cockpit immerison. They also said just recently that cockpit and race immersion was a priority of theirs. ACC was developed since mid-2016, I think that means it is several years ahead of the development main stages of AC and RR - and it is no team of dilettantees, but this is Kunos. I EXPECT them to have advanced beyond the previous quality standard in AC, and if they do not beat the competition on several aspects where said competion'S status already is many years old, then they would have done their homework wrong and somethign did not went right. Why releasing a new game if it does not substantially improve over its ancestors?A game beign severla years younger by a tema with as many years richer in experience MUST leave other racing titles in the dust. Like Raceroom is so much better in all regards than lets say GTR2 or Race07.

So I would say its a reasonable assumption that ACC will improve things and even most likely is set to become the new genre benchmark. They would not have done a good job if it would not. Feedback form those who were able to testplay it in Misano and on other occasions, was enthusiastic.

And who knows, Sector3's recent hint at that they check out options to implement a temporary new engine before the GTR3 project gets finsihed by SimBin may have something to do with ACC ringing their alarm bells as well.Maybe somebody realised that the plan works too slow and that they need to push some breath into RR before SimBin is done with GTR3. ACC gets night racing. ACC gets weather. ACC gets full time endurance races as an option - 24 hours, full time, if you want. And some secret about their multiplayer feature still has not been revealed, but those knowing it say it is unclear whether that is techcially even possible. Kunos seems to beleive it is, however. To sum it up: if ACC gets as good as the early videos indicate, than any competition indeed must examine options to react to that.

Regarding Raceroom and AC, Kunos seem to have specifically improved in areas where with AC I would give the lead to Raceroom: sounds, animated trackis, race as an event presentation. If that is true, Sector3 needs to find answers to that, else they run the risk of people migrating from the old game to the new game in too huge numbers. Add to this the classical lead of AC regarding cockpit modelling, physics, and MP stability. I think there is reaosn to be worried, from Raceroom'S POV. They must react to this, in one way or the other. ;) GTR3's engine might take too long time. Time means loosing market shares and customer basis.

I drive GT3 a lot in AC and RR anyway, and yes, I expect the GT3 experience with the Blancpain tracks being presented in a superior fashion in ACC. Anything less would be evidence for a waste of time and opportunity on Kunos side - I follow them now since late 2012, and I have strongly different impressions of their aims.

P.S. The one thing I most excited to see is whetehr or not Stfano managed to substantially un leash the beast in the AI without turnign it into a mess. The AI in Raceroom so far is better than in AC, it has more fighting spirit, while being as reliable and having as good situational awareness. The videos I have seen have not shown me anything making me believe that ACC has been given substantial improvements in the way the AI cars fight with each other.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird Oh, please.... Stop being such a fanboy :)

I'm tired of everyone when talking about ACC saying: omg, and this is prealpha, imagine how good it will be when ready. If this is prealpha then i'm a cosmonaut. Everyone acts like is the 1st racing game :p to have rain, day/night cycle and so.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Yup it's not ''literally'' prealpha, we did mention this already before :rolleyes:.
    The alphareleasedate will go public on 24h spa, it's a lot of time left to do some great improvements until the final version.

They are not the first one to do this kind of stuff, but I think they are the first one to do it right ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    All I say is: Let's settle and wait.
    Probably I'm too old to get this satisfied.
    I was satisfied as there was PCars1 with Day/night and Weather and cool graphics. And what was it worth for? Nuts.
    I won't say I didn't like to race it, I did many hours with online racing Pcars1. But races with weather on? No one wanted this online.
    Driving into the night and out of it is real cool, thats right. But weather... Most races get iditotic with it. Could be, that it will be fun with AI, but with normal drivers not.
    IMHO. :)

So, I will wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Actually some years ago Kunos said that themselves: when they added weather setup options to netKart, they found that everybody was checking it out, used it once or twice, and then never again. However. I have driven the Nord at night in GT Sports, and it was extremely immersive and a very different ballgame. I am not waiting for weather and night racing, nevr complained about the absence of both in AC and RR - but now that it is there, and while it is AC, I take it, of course. :D The visual representation in the videos look breathtaking, the cockpit immersion looks like AC cockpits on steroids. And real world drivers say the trackside environment show much more objects and details for references they use in rela life, so I taker it the tracks, laserscanned again, are improved as well. Of course they are, heck, what does this even need to be mentioned?

And like I even buy tracks in Raceroom and cars that may not interest me that much and do so to express my appreciation for S3, I would buy every piece of stuff for AC/ACC as well, just to support the Kunos team. I have over 1 thousand hours in AC and approach 450 hours in RR - do the math and calculate the price I paid per playing hour. Must be in the range of 15 cent per hour. A movie ticket or a beer in the pub costs me much more. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    To the last sentence I absolutely agree.
    If it's S3 or Kunos, they both are small teams doing stuff for very less people. So we (the few people playing serious sim racing games) have to support them or we have in a few years the millionth ego shooter to play and no sim racing anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    In pcars I never use other weather than clear or light clouds. So for me it is an unnecessary gimmick.
    I prefer a Sunny day.

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Same here, it's nice to use rain or night a few times, but for me it's nothing more than a gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Still, rain and dynamic time of day/night races were thge two most asked-for items in AC. It also gets asked for time and again in RR by newbies not knowing the background why it has that not.

Kunos said they wanted to go for the FULL experience of the Blancpain license, and that is not possible without allowing endurance races in real time if you want, havingdynamic time of day and variable weather. They are a bit perfectionistic, it seems.

Once RR got a new engione, it will get dynamic time of day and most likely also wesather as well. Mark my words. :D From a marketing point of view it is insane in 2018/2019 not to include this in a new racing game engine.

The point in ACC also is that it has a variable trackline that accumulates dirt and rubber, that dries wehn it stops to rain and that chnages grip again when it gets wet. To deny the tremendous impact this can have on racing especially in long distance races, would be a dud from beginning on.

I do not need rain in online races, however. The crazies out there already are crazy enough on a dry track. Yesterday I emergency-ejected from three servers in AC. Thats a new record for a day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Sure, most of the people like to race on perfect conditions and for sure you can do only nice weather racing if you want.
    It's just an option.
    But that option makes the sim more complete and can make races more interesting
    when you have to keep the rain factor in mind with pitlanestrategies/ tirechoice/ racingline.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    They could hire someone just to do the photo

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... hire some people to make 1 photo to post it on LinkedIn... makes sense o_O

16. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid ACC will do no good to RR...
    All the GT3 cars are in, and, unfortunatly, that's not the case in RR...
    The ESport is certain, too, and it seems Team could show their own skins...
    Hard times are coming for many games, if Kunos manage to do the right thing....:):(
    Most people are driving GT3, but the fact that Sector3 is oriented towards WTCR and other Touring Cars is great, but what about DTM ??? No signs or 2017 and 2018 seasons, only one car for 1995 :)confused::cool::eek:)...Sad not to be able to duplicate the race format of the DTM Championship, with the race 2 being longer, and with pit stop mandatory, while it was the case with the good old "DTM Expérience" :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  17. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    We first have to see how the final game really performs .I have seen multiple times awesome announcements on games which where very disappointing at the time they where released.

So I first need to see howthe actual game really performs and how it all looks and feels.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    namely pcars1 and 2 .... :D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure ACC is going to sell very well and it's going to have a huge fan base, but how many of those players are going to play only ACC for the next few years ?
    Because ACC has very little content, most players are going to play other sims besides ACC. So other games like R3E, RF2 and PC2 have nothing to worry about. All those other sims have something for those who like to play something else than GT cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, there is no reason to completely migrate to ACC. I expect however that many peopole will opt for ACC regarding races with GT3 cars and on those tracks that ACC includes. I expect that ACC does GT3 racing on these tracks better than any other sim currently on the market. If not, Kunos did something not right. So, ACC probably defines a limited realm inside which it most likely will rule and dominate. Outside of that realm, the status quo prevails. So I will play three instead of two race sims in the future. Most likely.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1