Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Codemasters are notorious with this - since I first bought CMR 2.0 and waited in vain for a worthy successor that came almost 15 yrs later (Dirt Rally). Inbetween they always promised to revolutionize the Rally-(Sim-) Racing Experience in terms of realism and whatnot. Pros with PR & Teasing , (mostly) Cons with the actual outcome (while new stuff like the F1 Series seems ok - I'm not into F1 anymore btw. - just what I hear so far)
    To bring Dirt 4 in it's current shape after Dirt Rally is just a joke - or an attempt to get the rest (in terms of money) out of the actual Dirt and DR Base (engine) that time....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kunos is not Codemasters. They are since always way more hardcore-focussed than Codemaster ever was.

Have a litte more faith, you unbelieving Thomas. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Also, you know kunos has a different audience than codemasters. It even says on the tin. Dirt 4 is for the pro and the gamer. Its not tring to be hyper realistic. It just wants to please as many people as it can, so the more niche sim players will never be satisfied and they are clearly fine with that, its been working out well for them.
    I think what will make or brake ACC will be if players accept the fact that it will only have a hand full of tracks and only gt3. For that we will have to wait and see. Up to this point kunos has done a great job with their titles so i think it should be ok.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    unknown.png
    Underwhelmed once more.
    1 car, 1 track, quick races only, no pit stops, no VR, no mp. Remembering a time when that would have been called a demo, and most importantly that demo would have been free.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ??
    But VR is there (and pitstops too) from Build 2 on (one month after EA release). Every month 1 car / 1 track / some new features is fine for me.

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think the cars and tracks already available in AC will be there from the start. If you look at the cars, these are all "brand new" to AC. Same goes for the tracks, not all circuits are laser scanned in AC, or are they?

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Huracan isn't in AC? If there'd be more in Build 1, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it. I think they're planning on adding all the missing stuff later, best case scenario in the final release, not so best case sometime after that.

But none of it is there on "release" day.
    So apparently this
    is not really the case.
    If you're fine with paying for what basically is a demo, o.k.
    I'm underwhelmed, hope that's o.k. too.

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It's a new engine and I highly doubt they just port their existing cars and tracks. The new models are extremely higher detailed... I only can imagine they use their already gathered raw data (cad, laserscan)

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What??
    You're paying for the full game but are allowed to get a glance on it before release.. where is that "buying a demo"?

you are really nitpicky here

You assume you pay for EA and then for the full release again, which won't be the case.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Where did I say that? I don't. But they'll be taking money for sth that at that moment in time is a demo, probably full title money, and I just don't think that's a good practice.
    Everything that might or might not come after that (in whatever state and quality) isn't that relevant on 12.09.

11. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I don't know for AC, but all tracks will be laser scanned in ACC.

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    well as I said. You don't pay for a demo, you pay for the full release and get the chance to test.. that's with every early access title. I don't knkow where the problem is. And I can imagine the price in early access will be even lower than at release date.

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The problem is the order of the things you mentioned. You pay for a full product, get 1/10 of that product, and then you're allowed to test that 1/10. If this was treated for what it is, a demo, it should be released for free, so people could test it and then decide if they want to spend money on it. It's like buying a car and only being allowed a test drive after you've handed over the money...
    Just because this has become common practice these days doesn't mean I have to endorse it, does it?

Counter question: Is hotlapping with 1 car around 1 track really what you were expecting of this "release"?

14. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    You are being a bit unfair. You know what you are paying for. Its not like they went "Hey! buy ACC in September". They seem to be pretty transparent with the plan. Want VR ? Oct 10. Want MP ? Nov. 14th. Want .... spectator mode ? Dec 12. Want was much as you can ? Wait untill release. I really don't see the problem ...
    Actually s3 could borrow a thing or 2 from this since we are still waiting for the promised ranked MP and SR.

15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Well, if it will be indeed one car/track per build, then I agree with Christian.:D

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I know that I won't be paying for a demo. ;)

Not sure why it's unfair to express my personal disappointment. I was expecting more from this release they've been announcing for half a year, sth that could actually be called a game and not just a 1 track 1 car demo, hence I'm unimpressed.
    If that's o.k. for you, great, enjoy the anticipation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Considering you dont like AC(1) whatsoever, I doubt you'll be paying for this at all :p

And no, Im not referring to sailing the seven seas :D

That's pretty much how AC was in early access back in 2013 too, and it turned out to be the most played sim aside from iRacing. I doubt a game focused on 1 single series of somewhat un-engaging cars will ever end up anywhere near there, but their track record as a studio working on an early access title is quite successful. This isnt gonna be DayZ, Wreckfest or a variety of other titles that spend 5 yrs in early access development hell being nothing more than vaporware.

That said, this little infographic shared above does seem a bit underwhelming and confusing at the same time. With only 6 builds on schedule, and if they only included what is listed... They would be missing a handful of cars and tracks. So, it's pretty reasonable to assume that the first build will be more than 1 car and 1 track :p

No idea why Monza will be released last though, when it was one of the first tracks they showcased this summer... So, bit tough to make accurate judgements about the release schedule until more info is known.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Pictures like this are pretty cool imo.

Seeing this though, makes me think of a way Kunos could add value to the game, since it will be so limited with the 10 cars/tracks in Blancpain... Be nice if they included some extra layouts on all the tracks that can have them. I mean, who wouldnt want to make use of Paul Ricard's 150+ layouts? :D

Im not sure how realistic a wish of multiple layouts is though, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Aside from all the hype that the community has been creating for little reason, this is going to be a tough sell if the price for release ends up being similar to that of a normal game. Even comparing to AC(1), there is just too little here to make the value as good as it was for the first game. In my opinion of course.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If that was the case, that graphic wouldn't make any sense. It clearly names the type and number of cars and tracks for each build. Plus by counting 6 builds you're missing one, the one below the timeline, with no info given except Q1 2019. :p
    Why would they say build 1 contains 1 car and 1 track if it actually contained more? Understatement isn't really how marketing works most of times.
    Not really. Remember what it was called back then? ^^
    And remember that they didn't sell it? You got exclusive access if you owned nkp, but that cannot be compared cause you got a more or less finished product for your money plus access to that 1 car 1 track AC Tech Demo.

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this is the part I just dont get. If those 6 builds are accurately listed, half the content of the Blancpain series would be missing. No chance they release all of that in "Q1 '19", so it would have to be included from the get-go. Being at Spa with another showcase this weekend, I think that's a pretty safe bet to be included from the beginning. Though, I figured the same could be said of Monza... lol

Well, the tech demo came out in 2012 as I recall. Early access was November 2013 and was quite limited. Though it did have more than 1 car & track.

I'd be more interested in the nitty gritty details than the car/track amount. How fleshed out will the presentation be? Racing rules, etc.? I would wager that there will be a lot more than the tech demo for AC which was literally just a car and track. Like I mentioned above though, the price better reflect that :p Asking $40+ aint gonna do it.

Then again, when rF2 comes out with a single track for $11, a whole game for $40 doesnt sound bad by comparison :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1