Released GTR2 Pack & American Track Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Seems a little harsh, you know it's a Beta right?

At any rate, why take the time to moan about it? If you don't like it, don't play it, no-one's forcing you. :)

2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    He has a few good points though. Constructive criticism is necessary for R3E to become great. Everyone just ignoring the bugs/issues will only encourage the devs to continue bringing new content instead of focusing on the former. And while I really enjoy racing in R3E and have spent a fair amount on it I won't sit here with rose-tinted glasses saying everything is perfect when it's not, and no one else should.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What your saying is constructive and is said with an obvious respect, what Emmerson said wasn't.

Rest assured though, no-one is ignoring the bugs. There is a crack team who's sole purpose is to find those bugs, report them and then test the fixes, I should know, I'm (supposed to be) one of them lol.
    Admittedly, some slip through the cracks or only come to light when things are made public but, they are reported here by guys such as yourself. The Sector3 devs do actually keep a close eye on the forums and fixes are made as and when they become apparent, some take longer to do than other depending on the severity and complexity of the issue but nothing is ignored.

Sector3 is only a small company though, new content is needed to be released to raise money to keep development going, things could be a lot worse, take Polyphony Digital for example, huge company backed by an even bigger company (Sony) and still they can't fix bugs that were found when the game was released.
    I do understand where your coming from though, the game is far from perfect but then, it's far from complete too hence the Beta label. :)

4. theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    What he said was probably out of frustration and if he's been playing R3E longer than me (release of WTCC pack) I can understand him.
    And the beta label excuse doesn't really work when you look at the amount and frequency of content being introduced. There's more than enough series/cars/tracks released, now is the time S3 shift their focus on reintroducing features and fixing bugs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You may have a point (that's annoying :rolleyes: lol), there are a lot of things in the works though, I can promise you that. It will be worth waiting for, both the new content and revised current content (plus bug fixes). :)

6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @theravenousbeast s3s has a certain amount of people, of which the majority is content artists, hence we will always get more content releases than feature releases. Or do you really think they decide against doing feature work in favor of content? Why would you as developer decide against improving your base product? That doesn't make sense, especially in the context of competition.

Imo pointing out this fact has nothing to do with rose-tinted glasses, but simple the reality of the situation. The majority of people here have voiced critique / complaints in one or another way... arguably the majority of content on this entire forum is asking for "more", rather than praises (just looking at the thread topics). Fail to see a shift towards "everything is perfect".

No question it's frustrating to wait and no question it's far from perfect. But as others pointed out even productions with a lot more cash in their pockets have their issues... Personally I also give a shit about this "beta" labeling, cause in the end these type of games are always in development with updates anyway and the decision to play or pay is based on the present, not some potential future.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I thought this was a great, transparent post about those concerns:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...gress-and-the-evils-of-teasers.673/#post-6896

• Like Like x 2
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I believe Raceroom's biggest problem is since it's release in the autumn of 2012 it still fails to match the rich feature-set of its predecessors; the successful and well-loved RACE07 and GTR2. You can't argue with the amount of quality content in R3E, but the game at its core is a little simplistic. It offers all you need to go racing at a fundamental level but at this stage the game doesn't go much deeper. There is still some way to go before the hardcore simulation fans will take this game seriously.

Sadly the progress of R3E has been hampered by a number of factors - identity crisis (is it a sim?), unpopular sales model, publisher v developer conflict, developer upheaval - resulting in a game that is behind where it should be. If I'm being brutally honest the first year was a waste of time. A 'simcade' hot-lapper was not what the fanbase wanted after those great games that went before and especially after being teased about GTR3 (the game we all wanted!).

It took about a year for R3E to show signs of a shift toward simulation (DTM Experience 2013) and maybe another six months to a year for it to become a more enticing prospect with the arrival of multiplayer alpha and some more single player features. I'm happy with how things are progressing and what's to come in the future, but I think the devs need to bear in mind that sim-racers are this game's target audience and it needs to offer the feature-set to attract them. R3E will never have mainstream appeal - it's just not that type of game. I'm sure they are more than aware of that. :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you. These points really need to be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    And don't forget that I am there to mow the lawn of every track and smash as much as possible AI cars. This is probably why liveries cost more, I rub too much paint! :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I cant really understand the complaints.Most of the real gamebreaking bugs(timing issue,error with trackpacks,invisible walls) are getting fixed asap.Nittpicking stuff doesnt really help neither the community nor the company itself.Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I think we still need to have some constructive criticism at the game as thats what keep the game improving.

Personally for me, I think R3E had improved a lot since DTM2013 was released while I am quite happy with the game now due to the amount of unique content the games has, ie: DTM, WTCC, ADAC, DTM92 and upcoming Group 5. I think there are unique content to bring people into the game, I just hope the pricing could be more reasonable. The features are expanding while the AI, in my honest opinion, it is quite decent so far. The amount of rear end collision still needs to be toned down a bit while they need to be faster a bit but my experience so far but they generally put up a decent right for position and fun to race with. AI is something that is tough to get it right where even R3E's competitors such as pCARS or GSCE that also offer decent AI, they still have their own set of issues with their AI. Feature wise, we do need more but looks like it will be patched in the future.

I find my main problem with the game is, it is always online without any sort of offline mode while the menu performance is very poor for me if I am playing from South East Asia. I would really appreciate if there is an offline mode or at least it loads faster in the future.

The GTR2 pack is a step in the right direction, maybe except the price which I find it is a bit higher compared to WTCC and DTM 92 but the physics updates does make the pack a lot better. I think the owned content discount needs to be a bit higher than its offered now. The cars feels a lot less floaty than before while they are fun to drive. I really cant wait to see the GTR3 update in the future as I do want all the GT3s in the game in one class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Again me.
    I checked the price for someone who didn't have any of the content in the GTR2 pack, price is 1199 vrp.
    If you make a quick calculation its comes to 300vrp per cars and you get all the liveries.
    So why on earth is someone like me who owns 2 cars and already purchased 3 liveries, ends up having to pay 465vrp per cars and the rest of the liveries.
    Makes no sense guys. You need to get back on the drawing board for this.
    And yes its the last time I complain about the price. sorry but it had to be said

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well I think there is just a linear calculation behind it. So the price of each car in the pack depends on the liverys you get with it. For e.g. if you own the BMW and the Porsche, you already own the cars with the most liverys, but with buying the Pack you buy all the missing liverys in addition:
    • BMW = 12 Liverys
    • Corvette = 10 Liverys
    • Caddy = 4 Liverys
    • Porsche = 13 Liverys

16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Huh... 1199vrp ? are you sure ?
    [​IMG]

The full price is showed for 3231vrp for me.
    Now I own all the cars of the pack (did bought the CTS standalone) and one or two liveries per car... but it's only 40% of the pack, it ask me around 700vrp only for the liveries missing.

I think the starting price is way too high on this pack!

ADAC2013 cost me 1800vrp, I had almost no content of the game before.
    WTCC2013 cost me 1045vrp, I only had one circuit of the pack before.
    ADAC2014 : 1066 instead of 2500
    DTM92 : 916vrp insteed of 999.

The 3131 vrp for the full price for the GTR2 is overestimate in regards of all other content of the game.
    If the full price was really 1199vrp I thinkk the price will be much fair, but I don't see this at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yes i am sure.
    I am on another computer and no logged in to the store.

GTR2 Pack
    -63% You save: 2032 VRP
    1199 vRP
    • CAR MODELS
      • Cadillac CTS-V.R
      • BMW M3 GT2
      • Chevrolet Corvette C6R GT2
      • RUF RT12R
    • 39 CAR LIVERIES

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    So were does this 63% of rebate come from ?
    2032+1199 = 3231 <= this is what I'm talking about

19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

This screenshot is taken from my browser without logging into my account.

The original price of the GTR2 pack is 1199vRP.

20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Thats the full price if your to buy everything individually instead of in a pack.