International [GTR3] 19.06.16 Sunday - Sachsenring (discussion)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Tarik Userli, May 24, 2016.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to say that I had a great race. :)

It was not only a welcome distraction from hard time I'm having right now (I also barely made it in time), it was simply a great race with fair drivers. I did a few mistakes in both driving and strategy which came down to being not very well prepared regarding knowledge of fuel consumption. This screwed my strategy and while I was trying to correct my strategy using the pit menu, I got so distracted that I also made a few driving errors. Fortunately I didn't drag anybody else into my errors... ;)

I don't even care having lost 3rd place in the last lap - it was a great race nevertheless, with ups and downs and a lot of suspense for me.

Thanks a lot to @Tarik Userli for having the stamina to organize this kind of event. I especially liked the starting mode with a "manual" formation lap and a flying start. If I can make it I will surely participate in the next event too.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nuno Relvas

Nuno Relvas Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I would like to make some observations on some issues:

- I think the lack of drivers in this race is mainly due to the time distance between the races (1 month). For many drivers, it´s possible that the enthusiasm of competing declines, and when it´s race time, many forget or just don´t want to participate because didn´t have so much training because they have been driving in other tracks during this time (except does who didn´t appear for justificated cause), or they just sign in for other competition and stayed there.
    - With this comes the training server. I think it could be configured in other way to stimulate drivers to compete. That would be simply creating simple races. This past event had the server with a +/-3 hour qualification for 10min race, making it like 20min practice, 10min qualification, 20/30min race would be enthusiastic.
    - The distance between races should be revised, at this point, as it is a experimental series, the distance should be 2/3 weeks.
    - I don´t agree with the summer break. Because restarting in august is still summer and many people go on vacations at that time, so stoping in july is the same stoping in august, some can race others can´t.

Well, for now this my point o view of things and where there could be some changes made. The rest for me is going fine :)

Peace to all!:D

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    It's just a very normal controversy for me not a fight - fights you can watch at You Tube commentary section ;)
    So I'm not upset at all, nor is my intention to win a battle of words let alone to destroy my opponent verbally or something like that.
    I just confronted Leo with my observation, and a well led controversy should actually lead to a better understanding of different point of views....but guess that's an art that is slowly dying.....:)
    No offence intended just straight talk....

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess the break in July is more or less a summer break, as Tarik is on vacation in that month if I remember right - and as he organizes everything around it, it would be difficult when he is not there ^^

In the End - this series isn't a real series, as there is no connection between the single races. It is more a list of scheduled fun-events. But yepp - you are definitely right. The Time between signing in the Entrylist and going to race was a bit long this time. IMO two weeks before the race should be enough.
    So every information before can be posted in the Main "Endurance-Series"-Topic and two weeks before the race opening a new Topic with the Signup-Information.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Full Stream:

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to say thanks for organizing this event and the very good broadcast as well as to all participants. It was a very fair and good race. It was my first rolling start in raceroom and i was happy to experience such a respectful driving not only at the start but all over the race. First I was also wondering if I should attend after a tiring day. But I wanted to keep my word and support the event as there were already many annulations and even after my stupid mistake in corner 10 to 11 I could keep the motivation high. It couldn't get worse :D and last lap was the reward. Didn't have a strategy or idea how long the tires will last till the first pitstop. Some laps before the end I could close the gap to the ones in front and thought maybe I could still battle for 5th position but never thought I still could climb onto the podium. After reaching pos 5 I saw the gap to Goran and Christian was shrinking quickly and maybe there could be a slight chance. Always wondering if I should slow down and let Dominik pass but there was some gap and I decided to push as much as the tires allow. What a crazy last lap. So thanks to all, was a nice raceroom racing experience ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    that last lap was really entertaining - and even more funny that Christian lost the podium but win 1000vRP with that "move" due to the lottery-System. ^^
    I think you were a perfect example that everything can happen in a race - even when you are at the end of the field.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Congratulation to all Drivers who reached the Finish line Sunday!

podium.png

Just few words from me to you:
    First of all Thank you all for the most positive feedback, it`s good to hear about your opinion because without you my event is nothing thats the reason why im learning from event to event more and more. Il try to include your hints into my next race like i did it from My first event to my last event.
    Many of you wrote that the time between announcing my event and the event day is to long, yes i realize that too^^ Next event get announced 2 Weeks before the raceday and not one month before (im still learning from my mistakes).

What it`s disappointed for me and well discussed here or during the livestream is the lack of players. In the beginning of the Entry session was open there was a Hell storm of Sign ins, but only 18 joined actually my event and much more less finish the race (8).

I understand the different reasons to leave the server (engine broken, no luck, frustrated) but i can`t understand why few ppl can`t sign out and let me fallen into the cold water. Many of the Signed out drivers wrote me in the chat or in the Forum, thats the way how to do it but no message or any kind of contact thats fucked up guys.

I pay for each event more then you can imagine, trust me. But i don`t want to sound like a pussy but that`s a tiny thing of respect what i want from you. I was first disappointed that i need to wrote many of the drivers that they fill out his sign in correctly "please use your liverie, please fill out your laptime, please please please".

Im doing that just for you, not for my reputation or for sucking j-f or Sector3 balls or any others so please when you sign in next time read the terms correctly and fill out all and when u can`t race (thats not a problem we all have a reallife) then please delete your name from the list!

My first adjustment for my next events that im remove the Laptime section, now it is like "first come, first save", you want it, you get it back.
    My 2nd adjustment is that im disable the Mandatory pitstop. It was my mistake.

so now i have wrote down my opinion, take it or do what you want with that.

Last but not least i post my Paypal donation Button, there you can spend me few cents if you want.

And realy last but not least:

Special Thanks to @Sebastian Gerhart @Georg Ortner @Christian Göpfert Oliver Killian Jochen Richter @The UnKnOwN (GER) Racersleague Virtualracing.org

best regards,

Tarik

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  10. Nuno Relvas

Nuno Relvas Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info mate. I really didn´t think on Tarik´s vacation lol, this doesn´t mean that he doesn´t diserve it, i was thinking more on the races and not the structure behind it. And yes, that´s a point and Tarik deserves vacation! :D But i´m always here if there is any change.. hihi :D

Exact, that´s why asked to revise the time between races. I think it´s much better with 2 weeks. :D

I think we all should think in a way that all of us can join a lobby for mini races/testing races. As i mentioned in my last reply, the practice server is not well config in my opinion. I know any of us can make a server and launch it but in my position, i´m having dark days on that issue. Tried everything and still have problems to enter in my own server.

Best Regards