International [GTR3] 21.08.16 Sunday - Bathurst

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Tarik Userli, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid too and I signed up ! o_O

2. Leo Kuhn

Leo Kuhn Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ...or a good excuse for being slow :D :D :D

3. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    At least it sounds badass. ;) I'm really interested to see how pit strategy is going to play out. Bathurst has such high fuel consumption, and my Ford GT is quite the gas guzzler. :oops:

4. Leo Kuhn

Leo Kuhn Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I probably will do 20 laps less than you, considering your speed.... so I still might finish with the same amount of pit stops :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Just 12 Slots free

grid.PNG

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. just_mic

just_mic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I've logged back driving with the old pedals.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Perfect :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I had no much time to practice and I'm joining pure for fun sunday.
    I'm to slow for fictory and my own goal is to finish the Race.
    If someone has advice for me with a Pitstop strategie with the alpine it will be great.
    I'm looking forward to sunday

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO thats how to understand the Endurance-Races organized by Tarik... It's not about the victory - it's just about having fun in the race and with some luck, winning some vRP in the lottery after the race.
    So everybody could be a winner - not only the race-winner...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  10. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    The last race at Sachsenring was a great experience of fair clean and exciting racing. That's why I'm joining again although I had only few minutes to set a leaderboard time for signing up...so just for fun and I assume all join because of this reason. I just hope to find a comfortable setup tomorrow evening and not to lose the car in the chicaine uphill:oops:. Considering your laptime you still should have good chances for the podium. The race is over when it's over ;) I could experience this when catching 3rd position two corners before finish after two hours of racing the last time. Looking forward to another nice endurance experience tomorrow. Not to be overlapped would be also nice but atm it seems to be very likely to happen:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ah, don't sell yourself short Rella, you're actually fast enough to compete Midfield and with less practice at least...(once you suit yourself in your cockpit) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Markus Walter

Markus Walter New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Bentley is really superior on this track. I'm losing half a second on the uphill straight and another 0,5 secs on the downhill straight. No way I can gain 1 second in the middle sector over the Bentley in the Z4.

Well in ultimate pace this will be a lonely one for the Bentleys (didn't tried the Ford yet), but It's a long and difficult race.

13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion Z4 is bad on every track... I would consider Ford GT (by some margin), Bentley, Audi and Nissan to be the most competitive GT3 in this game.

14. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    first race here sign me up plz

• Like Like x 1
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you can sign up for the race by your self. The Link for the Sign-Up-List can be found in the first post....

16. Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Good to see you'll be joining us Reggie! :)

17. Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    It certainly isn't the best, but I've been in quite a few races with others who use the Z4 and they still be pretty competitive. What shocks me the most is how few people use the R8. o_O It has the most downforce of any car in the GT3 field and is well suited to a track like Bathurst, especially the mountain section. I definitely recommend it as a beginner for someone who hasn't driven a GT3 because of how stable it is.

Hopefully more people pick up the R8 when the 2016 model is released.

18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Pretty ugly as well, if you ask me - it's also a matter of aesthetics :D
    I don't like that "driving irons" anyway (Lambo's are very ugly cars as well, except you are a Sci-Fi Nerd or do have a faible for Stealth Bombers :) )
    But putting that aside, it's also a matter of preference regarding middle-engine driven cars, not everyone likes it or gets along with...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  19. Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'm usually a BMW guy but I don't really get along with the Z4. Big fan of the M3 whenever we do GT2 races. I'll be in heaven when that M6 "limousine" gets released. :D

I have to agree with you the Lambos, never really been a fan of the look. I'm just really surprised about the R8 because you always hear drivers in professional series rave about the car, so you would that would translate over to sim racing... I guess not. :p

20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I checked the R8 out and found it pleasing to drive, it's just that I don't like the look, and been too lazy to invest some time& work setting up mid-engine cars to my liking ;)
    I like the BMW a lot too, namely the new M6 (and driving the DTM M4 leaguewise) but the Bentley is one of my favourites, they managed to combine modern design aspects with true classic british lines...(like the Jaguar MK 2)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1