GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Let the DTM/WTCC not die , give us the DX11 Patch : )

2. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I see no problem with a "competing" title.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Does this also mean the daynight-cycle and the weather stuff will come to Raceroom?

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I don't get this at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 and R3E will be two different games. So this means that the Sector 3 / SimBin Studios get a divided racing community and less customers for each of their products. This makes no sense at all. In my view, GTR3 is a result of a misguided company policy. Harsh words but that's my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    That will inevitably happen with the PC community but I suppose the lure of the console market will more than compensate for that.

Don't get me wrong - I'm pleased GTR3 will become a thing - but I'm struggling to find a reason why I would buy it as someone whom is heavily invested in R3E.

Let's face it, R3E should never have happened. Everyone wanted GTR3 from the outset.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    You make a very good point, there clearly isn't enough Sim Racers on PC to spread around 5 years ago let alone today or tomorrow and this announcement strikes me as "odd" considering GTR3 will become another title vying for those few people. Whatever it becomes it will become a direct competitor of Raceroom, there's no doubt about that, if it offered up a different Race Series then it might be ok but it's essentially the same. Do people really want the same GT Cars & Tracks spread out in 3 or 4 different sims? Will they spend the money knowing full well they have the same cars & tracks in other sims? Time will tell, but right now it seems to me they're hedging their bets on carrying the GTR Brand to help them succeed from the start and throwing it out on Console to grab more attention.
    I wish them well as I wish every sim developer the very best as it's not an easy business, but I have to throw caution to the wind with this announcement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    best of luck to you guys :)
    a couple of thoughts,first this arcadey-hardcore sim imo is a figment of imagination.A famous greek saying is that:you cant carry 2 watermelons in the same armpit.I hope you dont make many initial mistakes and then struggle to change them(ring any bells?)
    second, I hope r3e and gtr3 wil be a unified thing in pc,Online players for r3e are allready slim,cant afford to lose more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Is known under which banner GTR3 will be published? Will this also be a RaceRoom Baby? On this a lot may depend concerning the transfer of technology and content?

10. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Under which banner? The SimBin one, article mentions working on deals with the publisher(s) so I'm guessing that might mean different publishers for different systems like AC did it, or that it's all a bit up in the air still as to who will publish the final, polished thing.

Publishers are an interesting thing, for the longest time they've been seen as almost the enemy of videogames, yet for every successful indie venture I feel like there's at least two which are unfocused and lacking polish that just would not happen under a publisher, if it's because they get hands on like Nintendo and Miyamoto did with the Metroid Prime series etc., or if it's just that they'd ax the unfocused title I don't know. SMS blamed Shift on their publisher, yet Project CARS saw many of the same criticisms, now they're back with a publisher, it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Are all publishers bad, or just EA? :p

Either way, even if GTR3 turns out to be dogshit it'll mean funding, QA and research goes towards Raceroom tech in a way that it very realistically might not have gotten otherwise, and if it turns out to be great and "worthy" of the name GTR3. GREAT :D

11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Or i will buy it but no more Raceroom, 2 games basically the same, one you would expect to be latest greatest all singing all dancing the other still using dx9 and dated, which one you gonna go for?
    I guess its a little less money to S3 a little more to Simbin, do S3 and Simbin share the same organ grinder?

12. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  14. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you

15. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Does GTR3 support custom liveries? :D

16. userxy

userxy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Simbin brought me to Simracing and i was infected very fast. After a few Races with Keyboard and Mouse i needed to Purchase a Wheel and it all started to begin. I remember great Times/Years, especially Online, i will never forget.

I really hope GTR3 begins where GTR2 left. Years have gone and Tech`s have grown. So please Team Simbin, do your self a favor and dont mess it up.

Your`s Simnerd userxy :)

17. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Horse manure. There's no divided racing community when the user base is the same, excluding those who follow a horse manure ideology, of course.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Do you really need to buy? If you are satisfied with R3E i see no point in buying all content all over again. I think the primary goal with GTR3 is to attract new players, not the ones in R3E

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I try to see the positive in it until the opposite is proven.

So the teething problems and debugging of the new engine will not have to to be dealt with in Raceroom, but in GTR3. Good for RR.

Once it works, RR may benefit from getting the fruits from SimBin's labour: the engine coming to RR, with night and weather. Good for RR.

GTR3 will target a wider audience, not exclusively focussing on and picking away from hardcore simmers, especially on consoles, where you find these harcore guys not that much anyway. After all, good for Raceroom. Or do you plan to attract more arcade racers in RR multiplayer, messing public serv racing up? ;)

An inherent implication: the voyage of Raceroom sounds as if it is set to last for longer time to come. Good for Raceroom. It definitely does not sound as if Raceroom's near end is looming around the next corner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why?
    I'm pretty sure RR users will be allowed to play GTR3 as well (and vice versa). ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1