GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Developing a sequel before your current one is done doesn't exactly scream growth and support does it.. :/

I had good times with PC1 & 2, and for me they were the perfect stepping stone on to better sims.. I was always frustrated by their lack of updates and fixes though, and at the time at least I wasn't aware how bad that was compared to the amazing on-going support that nearly every other sim has.

As for his/their next one, more competition and choice is always good to grow the genre, and things are easy enough ignore if they're shite. :)

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Well, it made him quite wealthy so more shame on the customer for being fooled three times with the same trick - altough admittedly the third time very few fell for it.

4. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I hope Ian and his team are successful with GTR Revival and light a fire under other dev teams.

A UE5 powered sim with isiMotor 2.5 based physics (the latter being from Ian's Twitter) could be a great combination. ACC is UE4 done poorly whereas the MotoGP games appear more optimised and don't make my eyes bleed.

5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I hope UE5 is way better than UE4, I personally hate ACC, super blurry. It was a kind of bug in UE4 and is supposed to be solved in UE5, lets hope

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    https://www.straight4.com/post/back-on-track
    I smell yet another iteration of Project Cars handling...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I just smell an entire mismanaged product full of false claims.

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    What is it with gamers nowadays and that utterly negative mindset ? I would go and see a Psychiatrist if i would notice that "my glass is always half empty" lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Disillusioning experiences with products of certain people ?;)

13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Much drama because "the game was not made for me", "but they promised", "how dare them"... O M G

Holy Moly... Exhausting mindset... :D

People should just stop talking nonsens before a game is released, just wait, form your own opinion and see if it's for you or not. And if not then it's not a problem because not every game must fit your likings. No one forces you to preorder so theres no reason to be mad.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    No drama at all. I bought pc and pc2, made my experience, didn't buy pc3, was not disappointed and wait for the next game's ratings and will decide then.
    I thought the smiley showed, it wasn't meant too seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I spoke generally about that "Ian Bell has betrayed us" drama :)

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    William Ian Bell, has a history of untruths and removing ppl from the discussion when loosing , his history also includes paying a journalist in some way or form

So i think ppl have the right to believe in unicorns before they believe Mr Bell

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Imo It's just stupid to "believe" in things said or statet and then crying in the internet and beeing mad for years if they do not become reality.

As said before people should wait until a game is realeased and form their own opinion if it fits them or not! This is the way!

The amount of informations, footage in video, picture form is basically unlimited nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What would be smarter then? What's your approach on PR and marketing materials?

19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I give a S*** on what gets promised and do not care if it gets reality or not. If i like the finished product then great and if not then fine no problem. I have better things to do than beeing mad or disappointed and there are enough other games to choose from that i can have fun with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Bell is a salesman cum showman with narcissistic traits. That´s helped him become wealthy and also helped him to do deals along the way. Perhaps some similarities with the MSG guy and also Steve Jobs.

For PC3 I can raise you GTR 1 and 2, which still have features not found in many current games - RRE included.

So it is better not to fall into the hype trap and judge the product when it comes out, if it comes out.