GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I believe what they meant when comparing to F1 by Codies was mostly in terms of immersion, all the stuff surrounding the actual driving, and features like pit radio and all that really add to the sense you're part of something big.

Remember GTR2 had several levels of difficulty, with driving aids to toggle or not. And then a driving school.

No reason not to offer proper simulation with the option of enabling aids that are helpful to you at any given moment of your "learning".

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO R3E does it quite good already as it features three different difficulty-levels with additional driving-aids in each level lower - combined with the Driving-School idea that could all that is needed.

Things like Brake-Assist and Stability-Control are simply needed for the users that just want to drive around with proper race-machines and have some fun with it, but don't want to spin around every few meters... that would lead to frustration and throwing the game or console out of the window...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    GTR² even had more than one MP lobby so you could choseat what level on line you wanted to compete

Andi

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    R3E could have that as well - but ATM the Filter-Option is missing in the MP-Lobby. So you can sort the list for Difficulty-Levels but not filter that selection so that only a selected Level is shown in the list.

A thing that is more on the game-mechanic-side but could be needed for a Console-Version and often is linked to an arcade-game is a Game-Story or career-mode.
    As an example something like starting as a young-gun in a sub-level team who wants to work his way up to a top team, to become World-Champion in the top-level GT-Class... and when he wants to climb up he needs to solve some license-tests or things like that and do some guest-starts in other racing-series to get a better reputation...
    In short: combining the racing with some background of the life as a Race-Driver - and maybe added with some technical explanations.
    Well - another thing quite similar do F1 or other codi-games but especially for SP-Console-gamers simply needed to keep them entertained...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I guess this means...I need something better than a GTX560. Well, I had some good years with the GF and cats but now it's time to move on. Microwave dinner is expensive for two.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I was in multiplayer in GTR2... there were even people online!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there's even some online series still running GTR2.

I went on a Race07/GTR Evo binge last year and the online racing was amazing. Played through the now defunct Race2Play.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe at the end of the day this is what it's all about, keep RR online, mod free, keeping it as real as possible and GT3 is there to pander to the modding community, console users and more casual drivers, hopefully with some kind of link to the RR leagues for those who feel the need for something for the more discerning Gentleman/lady :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D at the end of the day we have all year to bitch and cry or we can drive and enjoy!!
    RR is only getting better and better, with much promised, the wayside is somewhere I definitely don't expect RR to end up, competing for custom is the name of the game and as was said previously the more fingers in the pot the more sticky fingers one gets! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I hope to have a couple more interviews up on RD in the coming week (one about R3E and one for GTR3) plus an article on what's in the pipeline for R3E going forward.

For those of you concerned about what GTR3 means for the future of RaceRoom, don't worry at all :) From what I understand GTR3 can only mean good things for R3E, allowing developments for RaceRoom that wouldn't be possible (or at least would take longer and be harder) than if GTR3 didn't happen.

Also it must be made clear that the team (Simbin) making GTR3 are a very different bunch to the guys at S3 making RaceRoom. Slowing / stopping R3E development to concentrate on GTR3 (as I read from someone earlier in these comments) will not be an issue at all. I understand S3 might lend support in some areas if needed, and the sounds will be part of GTR3 with RaceRoom sound god Anthony Monteil lending a hand, but the people making R3E happen won't have their time / resources / budget or whatever diluted in any way by GTR3.

As I said on RD at the time, I came away from the interview absolutely buzzing about the future for RaceRoom. It looks like a brilliant time is ahead for R3E (better than I thought possible tbh) and GTR3 looks like it's going to be an epic sim as well, despite the unfortunate F1 2016 reference ;) :D

I think the sim market easily has room for both, and I think this GTR3 announcement is good for both sims.

Sim racing is awesome people! Roll on 2018 :D

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ok NOW I'm excited!!

11. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Stop teasing or bring the Interview - now ;)

Yesterday i installed GTR 2 and with a little bit gemfx here and some HD mods there it is like rfactor 2 in terms of grafic. Looks ok.
    But the gameplay, i know why i loved this game. There is everything a sim needs.
    So I just want to hear in the interview "we make a GTR 2, with unrealengine" :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. zimmer86

zimmer86 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Cant wait for this! here hoping that they get the Blancpain license and do that championship which will hopefully include the intercontinental gt challenge which would be bathurst 12 hr etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    It seems strange that developers and other industry figures believe that PC users only want Hardcore Sims, while Console Users only want Arcade Fun.
    I once saw a picture on the internet of somebody who owned a console and a PC! Probably a mash up like where Hitler demands to know about The Elder Scrolls.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Interchangeable

Interchangeable Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Good Interview. Sounds Good. Looks like they're taking the best of RaceRoom and improving on the them. Looking forward to seeing what they can do!

16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Just one for me (for now), if they are going to do split screen multi on one system, would be nice to also have timed runs also, 2, 3 or 4 players having alternating runs over the course of the race for however long, in GP you selected the number of runs each person\car had per race. Worked really well. Also gives the opportunity for one player to drive more than one car\team in a race\season, makes for a great mates night in racing, one running while the others sit around getting drunk and laughing at your feable attempts then switch and a new target to laugh at.
    The same with the ability to save the game at any point, even midrace and be able to reload and carry on at any time you are ready.

17. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    wut? one man's "obscene" is another man's "don't care" or "funny". do they really want to act as censors on what is considered "obscene"? how about giving people a choice of not showing a particular livery, if it offends their sensibilities so much?

18. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Probably not. But they may feel they have to, especially if licences are involved......Mazda would probably not be happy if they saw my Ferrari themed MX-5!

I've never been offended by any livery on iRacing (Trading Paints, to be more accurate) or any other racing game. Saints Row 3 and 4, now that's another matter, and that is not user-made content, but still never felt personally offended over any of the designs.

The way things are going, painting your country's flag on your car may soon be considered obscene....(I recall some trouble about a year back with the 'union' flag in America.....)

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Just three letters... VLN... and the 24h of Nürburgring... and 24h of Spa... and 12h of Bathurst... and Dubai and and and... pleaaase :-D

20. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Their are leaching the best parts and best series, but what does that mean for Raceroom? With the most popular series going to GTR3 and WTCC being dead, will it be a sole DTM and open wheeler sim? Many many many vRP invested in a dead horse?