GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    If noone would moderate this, soonerâ„¢ or later, you would end up with Penis Racing liveries. Especially if the game will be rated E or something like this

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Why should they consider and mention Day/Night-Transiton for ADAC GT-Masters?

And if GT-Masters wouldn't happen again in Raceroom - the GTR3-Class alone in Raceroom is a good alternative...

3. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    R3E and dead horse? i think not.

Wait for the second part of the interview. I think then all will clear up.

Imo the interview showed that there is more than just switch of technologies. For me it read like they want the simracingolymp with both games, each in one corner. GTR3 for official Series on all gamingdevices and R3E for Onlineracing with a big variety of Classes, to be honest i dont need the orginal Blancpain license to race online. GT3 cars and good tracks are enough in that case - and we have them. Same with Touring cars. TCR is different in many countries (other Brands), if R3E only get the TCR Germany license we dont get cars that run in France. With only licensing cars we could get TCR cars from all over the world and race them together.
    Like now we have DTM92 and Touring classics, we can race both together and because they are balanced its not like multiclass. But in real life, they never raced together. I prefer that.

But to get it work out, R3E has to get the same tech GT3 has - which means UE4 etc.
    Maybe that modular programing thing is the key

We will see, i am optimistic...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. zimmer86

zimmer86 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Great interview the next 6 Months will be Intresting to see what they come up with. For me it's all about the official license series, fingers crossed for Blancpain or even Wec.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Blancpain including the Blancpain Sports Club would be a dream for me :) I wonder if there is a chance to get licences for Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini, because without themhalf of the grid would be missing

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. zimmer86

zimmer86 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree.will be dissapointed if the Ferrari and Lamborghini are not licensed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    it seems like the project is already dead … there are no really big news since the beginning of this year ...

http://www.simbin.com/

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Not so sure...
    There is a "Women & Wheels" competition thing on the website, that wasn't there a month or less ago.
    Speaking of discrimination...

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Coincidence?:)

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    It isn't dead :) I am in touch with the devs (nothing I can share atm) and the sim is very much alive and kicking :)

They will release info when the time is right. Worry not :)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    regarding to that Info about Woman & Wheels there is something coming to steam this Fall... Fall has just started so it seems that we can expect some new informations in the next 1 or 2 month...

12. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    They could call it Almost GTR3

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    If GTR3 will be like GTR2 is, the question that bothers me most is:
    Why does S3S create a game which will make not just a few R3E customers walk away from it?
    From there the next question would be:
    What does this really mean for R3E?
    I cannot imagine a scenario where R3E will be better off with GTR3 on the market than it is right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Good question - but as the owners of S3S and SimBin are pretty much the same, I'm pretty sure there is a strategy behind it.
    If I get it right from the first pieces we know so far, one of the both games will be a "classic" Game, with all the content coming in one package (+ future DLC I'd guess) and the other will focus on Online-Gaming and eSports-Activities.
    If that is the direction, GTR3 will be like GTR2 a complete game with all the features a sim need, profiting from all the Models and Data R3E has collected in the last years. R3E will continue in the route they have already startet with the recent eSports-Events, profiting from the technical development that SimBin is making in the engines for GTR3.

15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm still hoping that the reason behind the abscence of the 2017 ADAC GT and DTM seasons from R3E is that they will appear as base content in GTR 3 first.:cool:

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    DTM license is finished which is why we don't have DTM'17 in R3E, notice the e-sport DTM Mercedes doesn't have all the sponsors etc on it?

Don't know about ADAC GTM '17 but would imagine it's a similar story. Sounds like strong ties are still there though given the recent collaboration with Callaway.

17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    GTM liveries that are available for BMW M6 already could indicate that there won't be GT Masters Packs anymore, at least as a separate class.

18. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    So I put my trust in S3S and SimBin, I'll stop spending money for Raceroom and when GTR 3 is a solid game, I will decide where to go from there. Too much has been done for S3S (my money for content) and too little for the customer (chat protocol, complete car classes, extended setup in get real mode, etc)
    If someone feels compelled to answer to this post, please don't just tell me what you think, but also why you think that way.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Okay, i agree with that fact, that this features, who youre listed, are missed. But and this is not out an "Fanboy eye" or i need to say because im a "Beta-Tester". You have a lot of stuff which is loaded into live, specially this year. Yes a lot of them are must haves like a save option in my carsetup, or Tyrewear, or alot of other stuff. They added recently Tyre option, just for the Formula cars but there are more to come in the next couple of months. They released weeks ago the Porsche License, they told that they are working on a repuation system, they currently working on 64bit like @J-F Chardon wrote in an official post.
    You have 19 GTR3 cars (more to come)...They constantly tweaking and adding stuff, they are always open minded for ideas, which are coming from the Playerbase (we are all of them).
    And one of the fucked up bugs (MP Joinlag) is near complete gone...
    It`s not perfect but i had a lot of good public MP races.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1